Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2018 Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jkite16 View Post
    After the various rumours Samcro could be heading for the Supreme, i've taken the plunge and grabbed 16's. I've covered Samcro in several multiples for the Ballymore, mainly Yankee's and Lucky 15's, so i've approached backing him in the Supreme slightly differently...

I've had an outright win and then a win treble, with 2 of my other strong fancies (Cause of Causes and Mystic Theatre), very nice returns on this. If Samcro does go Supreme, i'd like to think he will keep this bet alive, and then it's just one leg i've lost on my multiples for the Ballymore.

Not too sure it's the right approach, but at least i'm covered (kind of).
    I have done much the same tbh, there is no correct approach, so just believe in what you do Also have Samcro 'Any Race' a couple of times too so either way should be covered for the stakes laid out, although he still has to win

Comment

• I have taken some of the price for supreme for Samcro, just to cover my tickets for ballymore. Mainly have it at 'any race'. But like CoD said it has to win haha

Comment

• I've nailed my colours to the mast with Samcro and backed a while ago for the Ballymore.

All season there will be rumours of this and rumours of that.

Neon Wolf last year was going for the Neptune for the majority, suddenly there was rumour of him going for the Supreme, he was blue throughout on oddschecker. He still went Neptune.

The any race market is a very good play. But for me I think he's going here so rightly or wrongly I won't be covering, the only worry is actually making it to Cheltenham in one piece. As we know the fragility of horses. And then of course he's still got to win!

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
          Here's one from left field. There is a horse entered in the Ballymore Novice Hurdle on Friday at Cheltenham called Its All Guesswork trained by Gordon Elliott. I do not think the horse is there to win but rather get a sighter of the course as Gordon likes to do with some of his horses at this meeting (he also has Fagan entered in a chase). Now, connecting the owner into the theory and it would not surprise me if this horse ended up in the Coral Cup or Pertemps (owner has won the last two renewals) come March.

It's a speculative theory but could have substance...
          Confirmed for tomorrow.

Comment

• Slate house confirmed for the 2 mile novice which looks a weak race so he should put on a performance.
            looks like that will leave dostal phil v western Ryder at Bangor.
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Decided today was the day I was going to get involved in Annamix. Found best price. Went to add the bet to my spreadsheet - I'd already back it. D'oh

Comment

• Originally posted by robith View Post
                Decided today was the day I was going to get involved in Annamix. Found best price. Went to add the bet to my spreadsheet - I'd already back it. D'oh
                Lol!
                I did exactly the same with Coney Island.

Now have 2pts @ 33's....

Comment

• Constantine Bay out for the season - small leg injury. Back next season

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRowebot View Post
                    I've got hills to add Slate House to the any race (16/1) and Neptune (25/1) markets. Seems like he is highly thought off by the Tizzards with Joe suggesting he could go the same route as FO.
                    Happy with that..

Comment

• Very impressed. Will hill still 16s any race. took a bit of that. Skybet only 8s

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
                        Constantine Bay out for the season - small leg injury. Back next season
                        That's a real shame, had him in mind for the national hunt chase, if not the rsa
                        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
                          Very impressed. Will hill still 16s any race. took a bit of that. Skybet only 8s
                          Well highlighted. I've topped up 2 pts each way after that. Liked the comments from Colin afterwards saying "we know where we want him in March, and we'll work back from there"...

He has been purchased to win at the festival reading between the lines!

Comment

• He’s a Neptune horse all day long, 16s any race is very good value..

Comment

• There’s a real difference of opinion in the Any Race betting market for the class recruit from the flat - Pallasator.

Sky 8/1
                              WH 33/1

That’s some discrepancy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                Well highlighted. I've topped up 2 pts each way after that. Liked the comments from Colin afterwards saying "we know where we want him in March, and we'll work back from there"...

He has been purchased to win at the festival reading between the lines!
                                Exactly! Working back from the festival comments I liked.

Comment

Working...
                                X