Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2018 Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
    You deserve a million if they all make those targets...
    This time next year Rodders

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
      Is Fox norton going ryanair ?? , I thought someone posted here that fox norton goes ch . chs . ? ? ? .
      That was me ... they've dais hee being aimed at that BUT the Tizzards are convinced he needs a step up in trip and couple be a king George horse

If Altior and Douvan get to the champion Chase you'd be crazy to go for that?

I think FN will end up in the Ryanair

Comment

• Regarding Samcro this year I have decided on new tactics. Remember Senewalk last year hyped horse. So trying to place bets who performed well at last season Festival. Good luck to you guys who backed it already.

Comment

• Done something a little different today too, cross doubles on Buveur D'air / Faugheen with Apple's Jade / Limini - The main issue being that of course they all turn up, if they do I can't see any of them being out of the places, bar a dreaded fall of course, therefore, even IF all 4 place it returns profit, but cop one of them at it's happy days!

8pts laid out (1pt e/way doubles), the lowest winning bet returns 23.5pts, even if Faugheen doesn't make it and Buveur D'air doesn't win, but places, as long as both Limini & Apple's Jade then place it returns my money back. Personally I like the risk/reward factor for this bet, given the quality of the horses involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Liam301287 View Post
            Regarding Samcro this year I have decided on new tactics. Remember Senewalk last year hyped horse. So trying to place bets who performed well at last season Festival. Good luck to you guys who backed it already.
            I must admit Liam - most of my AP bets have been based around Horses that ran well this year (Buveur D'air, Cause of Causes etc..), but I still can't resist a "hype" horse...

What the hell... I've just stuck 1pt on the Annamix (Sup) / Samcro (Nep) "Hype" Double @ 150/1!

Comment

• If you are lucky enough to have a WH account, the will let you do the daily price boost on AP bets...
              The above double would have been 134/1 - but Boosted to 150/1

Comment

• Espoir d'allen
                Runs tomorrow for jp his aqps form as worked out well. Mitchouka is an interesting one for elliot as he's markedly up in trip on his flat form for his hurdles debut, will be interesting to see if Davy can get him to settle.
                But espoir d'allen should be one to note for the triumph.
                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Liam301287 View Post
                  Regarding Samcro this year I have decided on new tactics. Remember Senewalk last year hyped horse. So trying to place bets who performed well at last season Festival. Good luck to you guys who backed it already.
                  Samcro has a different profile to Senewalk ... Senewalk hadn't raced outside of France, whereas Samcro is hype and been out under rules.

Annamix/Senewalk/Min/Douvan/Vautour are similar in my opinion

That said, I am completely in agreement backing horses who performed well should form the crux of ante post bets!

Comment

• I realise that Samcro is being hyped before he's jumped a hurdle in public and the price for the Neptune is getting pretty silly, but he's very different to Senewalk. On RPRs he is the highest rated bumper horse i can find from last year, his last run of 136RPR (highest i can find) was won by 13L unextended easily!! This time last year we hadnt seen Senewalk in UK, I agree Annamix profile is looking very similar to others from Mullins stable, but Samcro deserves to be fav for Neptune in my opinion, but too short now.
                    Hes going to have to run very well on debut over hurdles to justify that price though!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      FO most likely target is the JLT
                      Samcro most likely target is the Neptune

164/1 on WH for the double.

I'm pretty confident FO is the best novice chaser this season.... I am willing to believe the hype on Samcro .... worth 1pt?
                      I was going to add this best but following the quotes re. Finians Oscar today i've changed it from the JLT and had 1pt on:

Finians Oscar - Arkle (16/1)
                      Samcro - Any Race (6/1)

118/1 with Betfair (and with PP)

Potentially the best novice chaser and best novice hurdler this year. I like it

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
                        I was going to add this best but following the quotes re. Finians Oscar today i've changed it from the JLT and had 1pt on:

Finians Oscar - Arkle (16/1)
                        Samcro - Any Race (6/1)

118/1 with Betfair (and with PP)

Potentially the best novice chaser and best novice hurdler this year. I like it
                        Literally just added this myself. Watching a crap film with my wife at the moment. Can't wait for her to go to sleep so I can get my thoughts out! mind is absolutely racing

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          Literally just added this myself. Watching a crap film with my wife at the moment. Can't wait for her to go to sleep so I can get my thoughts out! mind is absolutely racing
                          Haha!! I'll let her off for another few days until Chepstow but come Saturday they'll be no time for films...the next 21 weeks are all about the National Hunt season and Cheltenham

Comment

• Geraghty's 10 horses for the season:

I don’t know very much about her, but she has a big reputation coming from France and she is an exciting acquisition.
                            A full-sister to Apple’s Jade, she won a three-year-old hurdle at Vichy in May by eight and a half lengths. I schooled her last week at Nicky Henderson’s and she went well. She could be an exciting juvenile this season and, if she has inherited some of her big sister's ability, she could be very good.
                            Obviously he was very impressive in the Champion Hurdle and in the Aintree Hurdle last season. He had an unusual preparation for the Champion Hurdle, in that he ran in two novice chases, both of which he won, before going back over hurdles. It was obviously an inspired decision by Nicky and the boss to go back over hurdles, and it was some training performance by Nicky.
                            He is a worthy champion, he sets the standard for the top two-mile hurdlers this season. A lot does hinge on Faugheen, whether or not he can come back and re-produce his best this season as a nine-year-old. It would be fascinating to see Faugheen and Buveur D’Air take each other on.
                            You can’t fault what Buveur D’Air has done over hurdles, he is a top-class hurdler and he is the reigning champion. It will be exciting to get going with him again this season.
                            (Coney Island) He won the Grade 1 Drinmore Novice Chase last year on just his second run over fences, he stayed on well to win that day. His jumping just caught him out a little in the Grade 1 Neville Hotels Novice Chase at Leopardstown over Christmas, and even then he was only beaten a half a length by Our Duke, who went on to win the Irish National.
                            He didn’t run after that last season, but he is another with time on his side. He has only raced three times over fences, so he could progress a lot this season. He could be a horse with a big future.
                            (Defi du Seuil)I have ridden the winner of the JCB Triumph Hurdle five times, but he is probably the best juvenile hurdler that I have ever ridden.
                            He was exciting from day one, he went through last season unbeaten. He won his first five, then he won the Triumph Hurdle, then he won the Anniversary 4-Y-O Juvenile Hurdle at Aintree. That’s serious for a juvenile, to win seven times.
                            It is never easy for a four-year-old, taking on his elders the following year, but if they are really talented, they can do it, and I’d say that it wasn’t a weak division last year, I’d say it was a good bunch of juveniles.
                            Even on ratings as he stands, he doesn’t have much to find with the top hurdlers. And when you factor in his potential progression as he matures further, he could be right in there among them. Obviously there is a potential clash there with Buveur D’Air, but we can cross that bridge when we come to it!
                            (Minella Rocco) He ran a massive race in the Cheltenham Gold Cup to finish second to Sizing John. We always thought that he had a performance like that in him.
                            He won the National Hunt Chase at Cheltenham the previous season as a novice, so there was never any doubt about his stamina, but he has class as well, and he is still only young. He is only seven now rising eight, and he has done very well physically over the summer. He is ready to go now, and it looks like he is going to start off for the season at Punchestown in the Irish Daily Star Chase next Thursday. We’ll see how he goes there and take it from there.
                            (Movewiththetimes) He did well last season, he won on his hurdling debut at Fontwell in October and then, after getting beaten in a messy enough race at Cheltenham in November, he won nicely at Wincanton in December. Then he finished second in the Betfair Hurdle at Newbury in February, which was a big run for a horse who was so inexperienced in such a big handicap.
                            He was on track for the Supreme Novices’ Hurdle at Cheltenham, but he had a little setback just before the race, so he didn’t run there, and he didn’t race again last season.
                            He goes over fences this season. Paul is very excited about him and thinks that he could make up into one of the leading novice chasers. He is set to start off at Newton Abbot this Friday.
                            (Red Jack) He could be a very good novice hurdler this season. He was impressive in winning his two bumpers, at Naas in January and at Fairyhouse in April, his first in the boss’s colours.
                            I had a sit on him down in Noel’s last week, and he has a lovely way of going about him. He is a big horse who has lots of scope for progression, and he is from the family of Numbersixvalverde, so he should stay well.
                            (Sutton Place) The plan was to go chasing with him last season, but he had a slow start to the year, so the decision was made to keep him over hurdles for another season, retain his novice status over fences.
                            He did well in the early part of last season, he won at Naas and at Fairyhouse. Then he went wrong at Puncehstown and was pulled up. Mark looked after him when he felt that he wasn’t right.
                            He’s well again now though thankfully, and he is still only six, so he has plenty of time on his hands. He is very much a chaser, and he could be an exciting novice this season.
                            (Unowhatimeanharry) He had a fantastic season last season. Outside of the Stayers’ Hurdle at Cheltenham, he was faultless.
                            He won the Long Distance Hurdle, the Long Walk Hurdle and the Cleeve Hurdle before finishing third in the Stayers’ Hurdle. He just wasn’t as good as he can be at Cheltenham, he just didn’t put up his best performance. Then he went to Punchestown and just got the better of a hell of a battle with the Stayers’ Hurdle winner Nichols Canyon.
                            Hopefully he can pick up again now where he left off last season. He has won nine of his 10 races since he joined Harry Fry, which is some record. He is just a seriously talented staying hurdler.
                            (Yanworth) He was another top-class hurdler, he was a top-class novice and he won the Ascot Hurdle, the Christmas Hurdle and the Kingwell Hurdle on his first three runs last season. He put up no show at all in the Champion Hurdle, which was obviously disappointing, and I’d say that he wasn’t at his best either at Aintree, it was just his class that got him home in the Liverpool Hurdle.
                            He has schooled well over fences, so he could be an exciting novice chaser this season. He has enough scope for fences and he had a good enough technique over hurdles, so I am hopeful that he can be at least as good over fences as he was over hurdles. And he is versatile as regards trip, he won the Christmas Hurdle at Kempton, a sharp two miles, and he won the Liverpool Hurdle over three.

Comment

• I've decided to take the 'opportunity' to use the 16s on FO to cover a couple of horses I love but haven't backed yet...

1 pt on Finian's Oscar (Arkle), Faugheen (CH) 135/1 (If they both turned up I'd expect 4/1 the double)
                              1 pt on Finian's Oscar (Arkle), Thistlecrack (GC) 101/1 (Tizzard double!)

Comment

• Not sure Geraghty needed to confirm that Minella Rocco won the 4 miler as a Novice but he's one I'd definitely look to get with this season....

Comment

Working...
                                X