Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2018 Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colin Keane has his weighing-room buddies trailing in the title race but his boss Ger Lyons has questioned how short bookmakers have made the Meathman to win his first crown.

Comment

• Min is in great order and has come back much stronger than he has ever been," Mullins said. "He will start off in autumn at two-mile senior chasing
      Am I the only one reading that as potentially Min starting off at 2 miles but could go up in trip as the season progresses?

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
        Am I the only one reading that as potentially Min starting off at 2 miles but could go up in trip as the season progresses?
        I read that as thats the division he'll be starting off in, as opposed to hurdling. They'll probably try Douvan in the King George and end up winning the Ryanair with Douvan

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
          More updates from Mullins in the Irish Independent tomorrow, including updates on Min and Killultagh Vic .
          I'm led to believe KV has changed trainers though?
          Thanks Jono. Looks like a slowly but surely approach with KV. Probably best that way.
          Doesn't look overly promising though..

Comment

• Yeah far from a promising update. Hard to say for sure but you have to look back to that last run and think things may have been different if Ruby hadn't of got Killultagh Vic back up to win. Such a shame. He was the first horse by Old Vic to win a grade 1 over hurdles too.
            Last edited by jono; 21 August 2017, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• Does anyone know the plan for Captain Forez this season? I had all but assumed chasing but going on Twitter it would seem another year over hurdles awaits. Very surprising if true Anyone read quotes from connections to back it up?

Comment

• Neon Wolf fatally injured over the weekend ffs. Freak accident in the yard. Very sad news that

Comment

• Done a few big hoper for small outgoings

Coneygree - Hennessy
                  Might Bite - King George
                  Buevaur dair - CH
                  Altior - CC

800/1

Comment

• Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
                    Neon Wolf fatally injured over the weekend ffs. Freak accident in the yard. Very sad news that
                    That is such a shame. Absolutely gutted.

Comment

• I thought he was gonna be a huge star. Such a shame

Comment

• Yep, massive shame and yet another reminder how fragile these horses are.
                        I haven't seen the details but fatal another off course injury confirming these animals can easily come to grief at home and away from the competitive arena...

Comment

• Just done a very small play e/w patent on skybet

Artic fire 33/1 - CH
                          Coneygree 16/1 - goldcup
                          Penhill 16/1 - stayers

Artic fire is my champion hurdle horse until Faugheen is confirmed racing or not racing

Comment

• Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
                            Neon Wolf fatally injured over the weekend ffs. Freak accident in the yard. Very sad news that
                            I just read this and agree , it's such a shame , like you said, ryan , was looking to be a big star.

Comment

• Few snippets from Colin Tizzards Open day today...

Thistlecrack - Looks like a 'mare in foal' according to Colin Tizzard. Racecourse gallop then King George
                              Native River - had a knock at Cheltenham and will be out at Christmas. Possibly looking at National ultimately
                              Cue Card - will follow same route as last year. No reason to believe he isn't still capable of winning at least one of those
                              Fox Norton - 2 mile route likely, unless something happens to Sizing John
                              Finian's Oscar - Chasing likely and still believe he could be the best they've had
                              Pingshou - hoping he is going to be a Champion Hurdle horse. Likely to run in all trials
                              Elegant Escape - Chasing likely and hoping he can continue the promise of his wary novice hurdles

Comment

• If pingshou is a CH horse ill get the Jenkins flags in flight

Comment

Working...
                                X