Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr mulligan View Post
    I've this sort of bet a lot, always get the first part up and sitting on a great price, then goes down
    Last samurai 60-1 to win grimthorpe and national last year
    2 that got away were pennekamp to win 2000 guineas and derby 200/1 won guineas and went off 6/4 for derby to not finish I don't think
    Entripeneur to do same double at 150/1 and was beat in derby at odds on,

Keep trying. I'll nail one at some point
    But noticed bookies do offer some terrible prices now, as 3/1 now for altior is ridiculous. Should be 3-1 to get there having seen how this season has gone,
    8/1 well worth a punt tho ista
    I'm tempted to go in again at 3/1. He'll be 1/3 on the day imo

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    I'm tempted to go in again at 3/1. He'll be 1/3 on the day imo
    You're taking 3/1 about Douvan not running in the CC ... must be better 3/1 shots than that?

If he wins the Arkle he won't be any shorter than 6/4 .... I can wait I think ...

Love the LDS bet at 50/1 Probably not got the engine BUT I like the idea behind it.

I think he'd beat Douvan and I hope he gets the opportunity to do just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    I think he'd beat Douvan and I hope he gets the opportunity to do just that.
    I hope he gets the opportunity too...but from a betting point of view, Douvan would still be fav wouldn't he?

The CC winner versus the Arkle winner?

I think you'd still get a decent price until the day of the meeting...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    I hope he gets the opportunity too...but from a betting point of view, Douvan would still be fav wouldn't he?

The CC winner versus the Arkle winner?

I think you'd still get a decent price until the day of the meeting...
    Just imagine if it happened and they both turned up unbeaten next season. Douvan would be fav but I think Altior would be 7/4 tops.

It isn't going to happen though, Douvan will most probably be stepped up in trip next season

Yeh I'd probably not have a bet

Just seen Ricci say Douvan goes for the KG next season.... now THAT is reason enough to back Altior

and I am half tempted to find odds for the double.... Altior rolling on to Douvan.... If Douvan wins the KG he'll be odds on for the Gold Cup

They'll step up Douvan next year, expect him to be in the seasons biggest 3m chases with a view to getting the Gold Cup trip.

Friend of mine is very sweet on Might Bite for the King George and he said his biggest danger is Douvan, but I'm not convinced Mullins will bring him over.
    There are plenty of big pots in Ireland over Christmas and Mullins has never targeted the King George, has he ever won it ?
    Another case of Ricci saying too much and leaving himself exposed to criticism ?

Quote Originally Posted by Istabraq View Post
    Friend of mine is very sweet on Might Bite for the King George and he said his biggest danger is Douvan, but I'm not convinced Mullins will bring him over.
    There are plenty of big pots in Ireland over Christmas and Mullins has never targeted the King George, has he ever won it ?
    Another case of Ricci saying too much and leaving himself exposed to criticism ?
    I put him up for the KG at 33/1 in another thread.

this will be fatjockey most viewed thread if OV can keep the 50ps in the meter