Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2018 Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charli parcs 145

Comment

• Thanks Billy.

Comment

• Anyone have the Irish field article? Willie interviewed with updates on Faugheen and Min. Both back in training in the next 2 weeks

Comment

• Yes but unfortunately i wont let me copy and paste, basically they are both back next two weeks and they will start building up to the start of the season. Faughenn was doing fast work for a month b4 they let him off for the summer hols.

Comment

• Originally posted by billymag View Post
            Yes but unfortunately i wont let me copy and paste, basically they are both back next two weeks and they will start building up to the start of the season. Faughenn was doing fast work for a month b4 they let him off for the summer hols.
            Thanks.
            Hopefully Faugheen doesn't come back too big then and they can have a bit of luck with him. Been robbed of what should have been his best couple of years.

REALLY looking forward to the return of Min. I think he would have given Altior his fill of it in that arkle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              Just watched Jenkins run at Ffos Las. Off the bridle at 1/4. 100/1 to line up in the CH

Daphne likely to line up in the mares novice race? 12/1? Has she got new owners now, or am I gettin confused?
              Yeah i'd imagine so. I had hoped she may have been a slightly forgotten horse having not appeared at the major Spring festivals and a tad bigger than 12's. Not big enough to get involved in this early but it'll be interesting to hear how she develops over the summer.
              I haven't heard any change on ownership Kev.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
                Thanks.
                Hopefully Faugheen doesn't come back too big then and they can have a bit of luck with him. Been robbed of what should have been his best couple of years.

REALLY looking forward to the return of Min. I think he would have given Altior his fill of it in that arkle.
                Absolutely KSS. The champion hurdle division could really do with him coming back (as much as I have many bets already involving Buveur D'air). I always remember Willie Mullins describing the horse as "2 planks of wood" (or something similar?!). That constitution and like you say his size would be a concern on his comeback but fantastic to hear some news about him at least.

On Min - I think he certainly would have given Altior something to think about in the Arkle that day, though Altiors Newbury and Sandown performances either side of that win were huge. Kev mentioned a while back to me that 12/1 EW for the CC - and it could be a fantastic bet if all signs are good on the injury front. I can't see them stepping up Min in trip (unlike Douvan who has that option) so target looks pretty assured
                Last edited by jono; 31 July 2017, 09:43 PM.

Comment

jenkins could be very interesting for a handicap off 137 the Greatwood could be perfect.
                  I joke about the 100/1 for the CH but I do think he has a race in him somewhere down the line. I look back at his debut hurdles win at Newbury and the beating of Captain Forez and Pingshou shouldn't be sniffed at. The kind of horse though (Jenkins) who I could also see line up in all the big handicaps through a season and run well picking up the places but never getting his head in front.

Comment

• Daphne du Clos out for the season

Comment

Daphne du Clos out for the season
                      ....and so it begins

Comment

• I have been adding Coney island for Gold Cup - have a decent wedge on now. If anyone hears any news on him would be grateful for an update

Comment

Daphne du Clos out for the season
                          Why is Daphne du clos out billy ?

Comment

• £55 in free bets put in to boring singles today... will be using these in the Championship races exactly the same as last year... to try and get an "all green" scenario.... although this year I am going to be laying as well.

£20 Min at 12/1 CC
                            £20 Douvan at 3/1 CC
                            £15 Thistlecrack 5/1 GC

Comment

• leg injury BigChaang

Comment

• oh o.k , I hadn't seen or read about that ,thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X