Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2018 Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by archie View Post
    I'd be a bit edgy if I had unprotected a/p bets on any of these:
    https://www.irishracing.com/card?rac...d=201803081540
    Can't imagine they'll all run, Elliott with 5 entries & Mullins with 4 entries, be very surprised if they all stand.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
      Can't imagine they'll all run, Elliott with 5 entries & Mullins with 4 entries, be very surprised if they all stand.
      The storyteller won't be running in that. The majority are not festival horses there anyway.
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
        The storyteller won't be running in that. The majority are not festival horses there anyway.
        Where do you think he will go scooby?

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
          Where do you think he will go scooby?
          Brown advisory plate imo.

Could well go Ultima. Or even the jlt.
          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• EW double,
            Marias Benefit mares nov 6's
            Mr Adjudicator Triumph 7's
            Former 6 wins from 7 under Ciaran Gethings, trainer reckons she's in cracking form and should appreciate the track and anticipated conditions, expecting a big run
            Latter, only entry, won debut hurdle by 8 lnths, followed up with a win over Farclas, hot fav 20 lnths back, time that day 2 seconds faster than Samcro half hour later.
            Both must have a great chance of being placed, and a fair chance of passing the post first, just worried about traffic problems for Mr A, was held up at the back lto.

Comment

• Originally posted by ricksen1 View Post
              Sorry. Wrong forum 😂
              The clerk is saying if they get the weather forecasted it will be soft with heavy in places. There is rain due Sunday and during week of fest .

Comment

• So if this rain continues & the ground comes up soft or worse what antipost bets can we rip up & what antipost bets start to look a lot better.. A lot of horses won the past few years because the ground was perfect for them GS and better, but if the ground is soft I can see different results this year..

The two that springs to mind if it is soft

UDS will go off a lot shorter

Bite Mite will struggle against the mudlarks

I am sure a lot of other horses will be effected, I know about 50% of mine will be.

Whats your best & worst antipost slip if it stays soft or even heavy.

Comment

• I can honestly say that I looked at a long range weather forecast after the last meeting at Cheltenham when it was described as heavy going. It has been very accurate. I selected all of my antepost horses with a preference for soft ground. It was a gamble that appears will pay off, with any luck . Apart from about 4 horses that are N/R s in my Multi folds and exotics I have thankfully escaped most of the carnage this time. Which is a welcome change after the past few years.

Comment

• They have spent fortunes on drainage at Cheltenham and the benefits are usually underestimated, but the water table must be a foot higher than normal for this time of year so soft, or even heavy, has to be a possibility. In that event I think the most worthless slip I have will be Supasundae at 16's, I think a few will handle it better than him, and my best UDS at 5's, I like that one anyway

Comment

• I keep being told it's either going to be fine, or it's a mudbath.

Can't help but feel there's a small amount of confirmation bias going on!

Comment

• Any one know what time the 6 day declarations start to appear? And if it is today?

Comment

• Only a few days ago it said it would be lashing down on Friday. Now its forecast no rain and sunny and breezy!

Very little rain forecast for the next three days... and little point looking at a forecast much longer term than that. Will be good to soft by Saturday for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by robith View Post
                            I keep being told it's either going to be fine, or it's a mudbath.

Can't help but feel there's a small amount of confirmation bias going on!
                            I do not think its going to be a mud bath, but with the amount of rain the course will get Friday night & Saturday day it's unlike to dry out any more that what it is now, at the moment its soft most places and G/S near the centre..

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                              Only a few days ago it said it would be lashing down on Friday. Now its forecast no rain and sunny and breezy!

Very little rain forecast for the next three days... and little point looking at a forecast much longer term than that. Will be good to soft by Saturday for sure.
                              Where did you see that Can't? most forecast that I have seen said it will be pouring down.. hope your weather predictions are better than the ones I look at..

Comment

• I've just checked 4 weather websites and they all say different....but it's fine we can keep guessing

Comment

Working...
                                X