Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2018 Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just put 2U on the banker four fold for Tuesday

I can’t see myself backing Footpad or BDA on the day but wouldn’t want to miss out if it did come in

Pays a shade under 14/1 on betfair

Comment

• Good to know quevega. Have you not heard of "sticking a pin in the paper?"

Some very good looking selections there too at this stage!

Comment

• Originally posted by ricksen1 View Post
        Hi guys, my first post on here. I've been following this forum for the last two years, basically because its the only one I've found where people aren't embedded half way up their own a##e. Good luck to you all. I've been at the festival the last three years, but unfortunately I own my own business and I'm shackled to that this year. Betting wise I've kept fairly quiet this year. But that'll no doubt change over the next week . May the racing gods be kind to you all.
        Welcome to the forum Ricksen. Nice to see you've taken the plunge

1. Worst bet so far?
        2. Horse you're looking forward to seeing the most?
        3. Best bet you've had so far?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          Good to know quevega. Have you not heard of "sticking a pin in the paper?"

Some very good looking selections there too at this stage!
          My 3yo nephew picks mine

Comment

• Originally posted by TimRiggins View Post
            My 3yo nephew picks mine
            As well as some of your posts by the looks of things.

Made myself laugh.

Comment

As well as some of your posts by the looks of things.

Made myself laugh.
              Only the better posts

Comment

• Holy moley

First year doing antepost.

I’ve got 57 points staked - not including free bets and non runners that have already been removed (Annamix 3U)

Small potatoes compared to some of the layouts here but that is actually ridiculous looking back and counting up. My missus would go mental!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                  Small potatoes compared to some of the layouts here but that is actually ridiculous looking back and counting up. My missus would go mental!
                  Further proof, if any were needed, that honesty in a marriage is overated....

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                    Further proof, if any were needed, that honesty in a marriage is overated....
                    Not telling the missus how much has been gambled - it's a man's prerogative!

Comment

• Diese des Bieffes has looked a plot horse to me this season... mark of 137 looks very workable, every chance will not get into Coral Cup of that mark and yard have powerful looking bullets in William Henry etc for race.. So keen on this for Martin Pipe race @20/1 EW

Other hcaps... William Henry Coral Cup (Novice hurdle form reads very well, and always highly regarded...
                      Nube Negra Fred Winter Another that looks to have been put away for handicap grade, travelled very well behind the potentially top drawer Apples Shakira (out of the prolific sire of young high quality nh horses Saddler Maker (sadly deceased) Much like DDB can see this going off at half the current price come the off..

Comment

Does anybody know how to find out what prices horses were historically....

FOr example, I want to know what price Coo Star Sivola was 48 hours BEFORE his run last year. I can obviously see the SP.... but I want to know (if possible) and analyse what money came late and what prices were available (with a view to finding prices that WILL shorten).

Long shot..as I have never heard of this data being available... other than me starting to collate it myself with a view to next year.
                        Not aware of anything myself Kev , I actually started to do this this season , Just writing down the Key prices in respective
                        Races ,Supreme, arkle etc. . Every couple of months , Just thought I'd do it this year ,see how
                        much the prices change and if the timing is significant ?.

Comment

• Surely f you have a skybet or 3665 account your better off taking prices asap as these firms have gone nrnb and bog for the last month or so

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                            Not telling the missus how much has been gambled - it's a man's prerogative!
                            Haha definitely!!

Comment

• Why not open a skybet or bet3665 account? They have been nrnb and bog for the last month all so on all Cheltenham races, can guarantee that some horses will shorten up big time in the next week

Comment

• Kev the best I can think is the racing post typically shows what the horse opened at in its notes online
                                Last edited by Hurricane fly; 28 February 2018, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X