Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2018 Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proof enough then Folski.

Comment

• Hi all. New to the forum. Should have introduced myself earlier .looking forward to discussing horses with you all. Someone please tell me dounikos will run in the Rsa and not the 4 miler . Think he has a massive chance over 3miles . Looked like he got squeezed lto and would have finished much closer if not won imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baazzaa View Post
        Hi all. New to the forum. Should have introduced myself earlier .looking forward to discussing horses with you all. Someone please tell me dounikos will run in the Rsa and not the 4 miler . Think he has a massive chance over 3miles . Looked like he got squeezed lto and would have finished much closer if not won imo.
        Welcome Baazzaa,

On the Final Furlong Podcast Lisa O'Neill Suggested Dounikos would be the pick out of Elliotts horses for the 4 Miler. Obviously nothing set in stone but it looks as if that is the target.

Comment

• Gutted if the horse goes for the 4miler. Looks tailor made for RSA. Thanks Samcro

Comment

• Just had a small 1pt on the e/w treble for Day 1

Brain Power
            Melon
            Jers Ger

its 100/1 just for the place part(Best Price BetVictor). worth an investment i thought

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonnymac05 View Post
              Just had a small 1pt on the e/w treble for Day 1

Brain Power
              Melon
              Jers Ger

its 100/1 just for the place part(Best Price BetVictor). worth an investment i thought

Both Brain power and Melon are two of the most overrated horses in training.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baazzaa View Post
                Gutted if the horse goes for the 4miler. Looks tailor made for RSA. Thanks Samcro
                It looks 4 miler in elliots mind. Iv no idea if he's confirmed that with the olearys. We've been here before with don poli and roi des francs where it was made obvious the trainer saw them as one for the 4miler.
                Don't rule out the rsa and don't rule out the jlt . He'd be very competitive in either imo. The rsa deffinately looks the race for him imo. However the jlt might even be the race to go to as it's cut right up and he'd go pretty close.
                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• I seem to remember last season Nicky saying of Brain Power that he can do everything that Buveur Dair can and was his equal . Obviously since then he has had a breathing difficulty occurrence which was probably highlighted when going at a championship pace in classier races. Its finally been fixed (WS) and now reported to be tearing up the gallops. If thats the case then I'm glad that i took 20's back in November. As I've said before Melon is a live chance to place behind Faugheen. At this rate Buveur Dair will have go wide all the way round !!!
                  Last edited by Bigfish; 27 February 2018, 04:03 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

• Brain Power can do everything Buveur D’air can and was his equal... on a flat right handed track maybe

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                      Brain Power can do everything Buveur D’air can and was his equal... on a flat right handed track maybe
                      Can’t believe I’ve got sucked back into talking about brain power! That horrible fall he took on heavy ground followed by a wind op and suddenly he’s back against all odds and working the house down at home. Henderson can make a man believe anything is possible with his charm, but if Brain Power wins at the Cheltenham Festival then I’ll question everything I thought I knew about the sport. Not sure why he isn’t being saved for aintree

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                        Can’t believe I’ve got sucked back into talking about brain power! That horrible fall he took on heavy ground followed by a wind op and suddenly he’s back against all odds and working the house down at home. Henderson can make a man believe anything is possible with his charm, but if Brain Power wins at the Cheltenham Festival then I’ll question everything I thought I knew about the sport. Not sure why he isn’t being saved for aintree
                        My wallet will be a lot lighter of Brain Power wins this race. I can't find a positive, other than that his trainer is an absolute magician.

Comment

• i was mostly aiming for the place value with the hit n hope of a win. I just cant see Melon out of the Top 3. but for the sake of 2pts im willing to pay to find out.

Comment

i was mostly aiming for the place value with the hit n hope of a win. I just cant see Melon out of the Top 3. but for the sake of 2pts im willing to pay to find out.
                            I wouldn't put it past Hendo pulling off a matter stroke but he isn't for me. I do like Melon though, particularly when they take off the hood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                              I wouldn't put it past Hendo pulling off a matter stroke but he isn't for me. I do like Melon though, particularly when they take off the hood.
                              Maybe i will have a look and do a 2nd treble looking for the place value and replace brain power. Maybe Finians Oscar

Which makes it a 145/1 place bet
                              Last edited by Jonnymac05; 27 February 2018, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Maybe i will have a look and do a 2nd treble looking for the place value and replace brain power. Maybe Finians Oscar

Which makes it a 145/1 place bet
                                Don't be replacing him on my say so Jonny - stick to your guns!

Comment

Working...
                                X