Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2018 Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honestly I’ve just remembered I did a 2pt e/w double on Mousda Dembele to be top goals scorer in Scotland and Cause of Causes @10s instead of just a 4pt win on CoC. Dembele has been injured most the year and is well of the pace

Samcro, my first ever antepost bet and love watching him

I’m always excited about the Tuesday, but - even though nobody thinks it will happen - imagine if Douvan did race in the CC what a day of racing that would be!

Cashed in my life changer bet so it’s Hollowgraphic from 36/1 all the way down to 16s

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
      Honestly I’ve just remembered I did a 2pt e/w double on Mousda Dembele to be top goals scorer in Scotland and Cause of Causes @10s instead of just a 4pt win on CoC. Dembele has been injured most the year and is well of the pace

Samcro, my first ever antepost bet and love watching him

I’m always excited about the Tuesday, but - even though nobody thinks it will happen - imagine if Douvan did race in the CC what a day of racing that would be!

Cashed in my life changer bet so it’s Hollowgraphic from 36/1 all the way down to 16s
      I deffinately think douvan goes to Cheltenham
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Some brilliant answers, some brilliant bets and brilliant to have some new posters. Welcome!

Comment

• I wish that I still had an account with those sods at Bet 365. It was closed after I won £3,500 a few years back . I staked peanuts and it was flagged up. I was boring my long suffering missus yesterday trying to figure out what the cashback value of my bets will be on the off. Im dreaming again.

Comment

• I generally don't bet on the handicap races until on the day but heard some positive vibes for Hunters Call (12-1) in the County Hurdle and General Principal (33-1) in the Ultima.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              As we're in a bit of limbo before the handicap weights come out....

Let's have an answer to each of these....

1. What is the WORST single bet you've placed so far for the 2018 festival
              2. What is the horse you're most excited to see, regardless of having a bet
              3. Which day are you most excited about?
              4. What is your best multiple right now?
              1. The worst in terms of frustration would be On The Blind Side in the Albert Bartlett. I would have been as confident as you can be about a 20/1 shot. Of the others possibly Real Steel. It was just a maiden hurdle and I am not prone to jumping on that particular bandwagon.

2. I am most excited by the Arkle Chase. Backed three out of the four which might well mean it is the green light for Petit Mouchoir.

3. Can't split them.

4. Hard enough to get one winner so I don't like giving bookmakers a better chance in the vain hope of a big pay day. Did think about the 11/4 Apple's Jade and Samcro but resisted.

Comment

• 1. On the blind side not going for the Bartlett as it would have been a certainty (the sore shins excuse pissed me off no end) And although I may be proved wrong if it wins RSA. Percy not going for four miler (could surprise us yet but doubt it) another certain winner in the right race.

2 PERTEMPS - Have Louis Vac Pouch at 25's and Glenloe at 25's (one of the handicaps where it is possible to get in early). Had Mall Dini at 40's, percy at 33's and barney dwan ew at 50's so hope I'm on right lines again.

3. Tuesday, always there for last 15 years since foot and mouth so easily the best day for me

4. Got cause of causes 10s, penhill 16's, monalee 16's, sizing john 10's. in an each way yankee placed last year. It was a canadian with Defi Du Seuil for arkle (another disappointment, why they insist in letting these french bred five yr olds waste a year hurdling I'll never know)

Comment

1. Win bet on Fayonagh for the Supreme.......... RIP Fay
                  2. Apple's Shakira.
                  3. Tuesday, although I am there the full week the racing on the Tuesday is normally amazing.
                  4. Nothing outstanding but Footpad, Samcro, Apples Jade and CoC pays 34/1

Comment

4. Fortunate to feel I have plenty to choose from, I'll go for 1 that is rock solid that I highlighted on here.... BVD 4/1 and Apple's Jade 3/1 E/W double
                    Couldn't remember who I had to thank for this beauty, also sitting on this, I remember at the time it was a place certainty, now it's looking as close to a win certainly as far as multiples for the festival as I have, obviously there is plenty of time for things to still go wrong as is on race day itself, but extremely hopeful of this one.

Comment

1 - Finian's Oscar @ 5/1 A/Race (Lucky to be getting a run )

2 - Might Bite

3 - Friday

4 - Not really got any good ones, but The Hendo 4fold would pay me a nice lump

Altior
                      Buveur
                      L'Ami
                      Might Bite

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post

1 Not many bad ones at the mo, very unlike me.. but I guess Defi de Seuil

2, Band wagon Samcro (excited to see how good he really is)

3, Friday Gold Cup Always my favourite races..

4, LVP 20/1 Pertemps & Chef Des Obeaux 14/1 AB, single & double pays well, plus a few small lucky 63s but not holding my breath on any of them..

Comment

1. Got to be Defi du seuil for the Arkle immediately after the triumph win (must have been drunk )
                          2. Cannot wait for Might Bite to HOPEFULLY put all doubters wrong and win the GC.
                          3. Tuesday as it will be my first day at the festival (first of many i presume!)
                          4. Footpad @ 8s and Might Bite @ 8s EW double pays 4.5k which will be my biggest win if it comes off

Comment

1. Finians Oscar for the arkle at the start of the season. May well run a decent race in the Jlt but for me doesn't like fences and never will
                            2. Samcro could well be the next superstar
                            3. The Tuesday is always the most exciting day for me.
                            4. Double of samcro 10-1 and CoC 6-1

Comment

1) The only definite loser is If The Cap Fits at 16s for any race after his injury. Harsh to give him that award though so I’ll go for Defi De Seuill Champion Hurdle @ 12s.

2) Samcro. Buzzing to see him in the flesh. Can’t wait to see Burning Ambition blitz them in the foxhunters too.

3) Wednesday. Samcro. Altior. Monalee.

4) Got a few bets of Altior, Samcro and Apples Shakira at half decent prices.
                              Last edited by Middle_Of_March; 25 February 2018, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• Anyone know of a price for Ruby not to ride a winner at Chelts?

Comment

Working...
                                X