Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2018 Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a high profile one but a nice horse.

Give me a copper
    Is out for the season
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Keep eyes peeled for these specials.
      I only ever look at a couple of bookies sites but those of you fortunate enough to have plenty of options can take advantage as the fight for business hots up.
      I remember Hills had a few decent ones last year, 20 days from Cheltenham they'd offer a 20/1 special (enhanced obviously) and I know Corals used to have a midday boost every day the week before...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
        Skybet currently have
        Samcro/BDA/Footpad treble boosted to 5/1 from 3/1
        I'm going to go against the grain a bit on this one. I'm not convinced this is the great value you are led to believe. Don't get me wrong I think all 3 are part of the top 5 favourites most likely to win (with AJ and CoC), but as Kev posted somewhere else look how many 'good things' ended up going down last year. I'm on all 3 at decent price win singles but to be honest I will be happy if just 2 of them win. I think these favourites in general are much shorter than they should be anyway, so when a bookie pushes them out for a day they try to make it look like good value - Ladrokes and Coral have been doing this a lot in recent weeks. I did a number of these favourite multiples with Skybet this time last year thinking there was some good value but not one of them came in.

Comment

• There is always a shock most definitely but on present form these 3 should win.

But that’s why we love the game, it’s full of surprises.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
            I'm going to go against the grain a bit on this one. I'm not convinced this is the great value you are led to believe. Don't get me wrong I think all 3 are part of the top 5 favourites most likely to win (with AJ and CoC), but as Kev posted somewhere else look how many 'good things' ended up going down last year. I'm on all 3 at decent price win singles but to be honest I will be happy if just 2 of them win. I think these favourites in general are much shorter than they should be anyway, so when a bookie pushes them out for a day they try to make it look like good value - Ladrokes and Coral have been doing this a lot in recent weeks. I did a number of these favourite multiples with Skybet this time last year thinking there was some good value but not one of them came in.
            The 5/1 is value in that the best treble odds with a single bookie pays under 9/2 and that is for specific races (Arkle, Ballymore and Champ hurdle), so the any race option is a benefit if they choose to go down a curve ball route with Samcro.
            But yes, hotpots have a tendency to go down in March...

Comment

• Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
              There is always a shock most definitely but on present form these 3 should win.

But that’s why we love the game, it’s full of surprises.
              To be fair at least this one has 3 of the more likley winning favourites in it. I see there have been quite a few doing the rounds with Apple's Shakira in that I'd be leaving well alone. I think I would want closer to double figures to warrent going in on these 3 as a treble, but a game of opinions of course when it comes to the magic 'value'

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                Not a high profile one but a nice horse.

Give me a copper
                Is out for the season
                Cheers Scooby, I've had an eye on him all season, I know Nicholls thought he was an RSA horse. When I read your post I thought "could be one for the Hennessy next season" and went to check his mark. Then I looked on ATR website and found the article you probably got the news from in which PN has stated the Hennessy as his target!

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                  The 5/1 is value in that the best treble odds with a single bookie pays under 9/2 and that is for specific races (Arkle, Ballymore and Champ hurdle), so the any race option is a benefit if they choose to go down a curve ball route with Samcro.
                  But yes, hotpots have a tendency to go down in March...
                  Take the point, but guess it comes down to whether you consider value as being the best price you can get anywhere or what you think the true odds are of it actually happening, I guess I am coming at it from the latter angle which I appreciate is subjective

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
                    Take the point, but guess it comes down to whether you consider value as being the best price you can get anywhere or what you think the true odds are of it actually happening, I guess I am coming at it from the latter angle which I appreciate is subjective
                    Which is exactly why we come here.
                    Differing views are good, after all none of us will learn anything by listening to our own views !

Pro punters will tell you only to bet when the price is wrong, not a view I generally share but I can see the logic...

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                      Which is exactly why we come here.
                      Differing views are good, after all none of us will learn anything by listening to our own views !

Pro punters will tell you only to bet when the price is wrong, not a view I generally share but I can see the logic...
                      Also easy for me to say when I am on all 3 at good prices. And if I wasn't on at bigger prices I would prefer to have smaller stakes on these multiples than have big win singles on each at their current prices.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                        Skybet currently have
                        Samcro/BDA/Footpad treble boosted to 5/1 from 3/1
                        Brilliant. FYI max £80 stake.

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
                          Brilliant. FYI max £80 stake.
                          Unless you have an account restriction. £1 max for me

Comment

• Originally posted by jkite16 View Post
                            It is a very nice bet!!

I've just had my £5 free bet with Skybet on the following:

Samcro, Footpad, Min, BVD - all to win any race by 5+ lengths...

Now I fully expect all of them to win (Min the only one i'm lacking in confidence), but at 150/1 it's definitely worth a bit of interest to see how they all hose up!!
                            Yep, I done exactly the same earlier, really like the bet

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                              Unless you have an account restriction. £1 max for me
                              Exactly that.
                              But it wouldn't be a bet for me

The ones that can.
                              Take all the offer and price boosts while you can. Won't be long until you get all the first race each day £25 money back as a free bet consession. I believe a couple did it to a smaller ammount for the last race aswell.
                              Sun B of which I'm no longer a customer. Did some excellent price boosts for the smaller size punter at there live preview night. Turned douvan from 1/4 to 4/1. And were 3 times the price on many other well fancied horses . Might be worth a watch.
                              Last edited by Scooby91; 5 February 2018, 01:15 PM.
                              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• I know there are various ways to skin a cat but are there any others who just try and back one horse per race?

I only ask the question because it seems as if anytime a horse wins there's about five people who have already got a 20/1+ bet on it?

Comment

Working...
                                X