Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2018 Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Might Bite price is disappointing, but you can absolutely see why ther bookies don't want to 'get him' at this stage... if THistlecrack is making his re-appearance in the King George, can he go off favourite? He might, but probably shouldn't!

My Gold Cup book so far has Coneygree at 50s, Coney Island at 50s and Our Duke at 12s. I'll be putting "free bets" throughout the flat season on Thistlecrack ... not my idea of the winner, but I imagine would go off very close to fav so don't want any 'stake' on but would like some 'cover'.

Not going to have any pts on anything at less than double figures until the season starts again, so Sizing John and Yorkhill are out of the question - Yorkhill really easy to oppose anyway, he is WAY TOO SHORT right now, the target is far from confirmed, I am not sure he'd stay... plenty of time to discuss him though. Sizing John you can't knock, I just am banking on him being a bit bigger at some point in the season.... maybe after the King George?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      The Might Bite price is disappointing, but you can absolutely see why ther bookies don't want to 'get him' at this stage... if THistlecrack is making his re-appearance in the King George, can he go off favourite? He might, but probably shouldn't!

My Gold Cup book so far has Coneygree at 50s, Coney Island at 50s and Our Duke at 12s. I'll be putting "free bets" throughout the flat season on Thistlecrack ... not my idea of the winner, but I imagine would go off very close to fav so don't want any 'stake' on but would like some 'cover'.

Not going to have any pts on anything at less than double figures until the season starts again, so Sizing John and Yorkhill are out of the question - Yorkhill really easy to oppose anyway, he is WAY TOO SHORT right now, the target is far from confirmed, I am not sure he'd stay... plenty of time to discuss him though. Sizing John you can't knock, I just am banking on him being a bit bigger at some point in the season.... maybe after the King George?
      Are you only not staking on anything less than double figures for the GC? I might do the double you said and chuck something else in for a small trixie

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
        I agree with Might Bite. Ive got a bit of casual work at Nottingham racecourse and was chatting with one of the customers the other day and I asked them to get me a price on MB hoping there was still some decent price. Couldn't believe he was 4/1
        For what race Ryan ?
        Is that a King George price ?

I'm fortunate enough to have a 16/1 voucher Might Bite on the King George, I think if Thistlecrack is making his seasonal reappearance in the race you have to question whether he will be match fit, Coneygree is probably better on a stiffer track and there's unlikely to be any notable Irish raiders as the Leopardstown Christmas festival provides plenty of opportunities for them, so does the 4/1 still represent value ? It just might.
        What we do know is that Might Bite is better on a flat track and if his head issues don't worsen he would have to be a serious runner for the King George...

Comment

• Yeah Ista thats a King George price. Ive just looked it up and seen theres a bit of 5s at betfair

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
            For what race Ryan ?
            Is that a King George price ?

I'm fortunate enough to have a 16/1 voucher Might Bite on the King George, I think if Thistlecrack is making his seasonal reappearance in the race you have to question whether he will be match fit, Coneygree is probably better on a stiffer track and there's unlikely to be any notable Irish raiders as the Leopardstown Christmas festival provides plenty of opportunities for them, so does the 4/1 still represent value ? It just might.
            What we do know is that Might Bite is better on a flat track and if his head issues don't worsen he would have to be a serious runner for the King George...
            Jessie confirmed Sizing John for the King George yesterday. Plan is to go for the triple crown while Our Duke will take in the races in Ireland.

Comment

• That's interesting KSS, though judging by his Gold Cup victory he looked to need/relish every yard of that stamina sapping trip, whether Kempton's 3 miles will suit is debatable.
              He certainly never had the pace to live with Douvan over shorter trips yet thrived when stepped up in trip....

Comment

• I think im gonna start putting any free bets on Might bite until the season starts and then start with cash

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                  That's interesting KSS, though judging by his Gold Cup victory he looked to need/relish every yard of that stamina sapping trip, whether Kempton's 3 miles will suit is debatable.
                  He certainly never had the pace to live with Douvan over shorter trips yet thrived when stepped up in trip....
                  I am glad he is going for it... will give us a pretty good indicator of where the land lies by 4pm on the 26th...

Whole heartidly agree that Might Bite is the most likely winner and although I feel 4/1 is a little short at the moment as an ante-post prospect (certainly better 4/1 shots around daily) I think that'd be a massive price if it was anywhere near on the day... I expect he will be 2/1 readily available if he is up against the defending Gold Cup champion... so no need to rush to take the price now IMHO

Comment

• Can't help myself backing this trio of horses.... each way trixie with 365 at 649/1

Buveur D'air - CH
                    Cause of Causes - XC
                    Our Duke - GC

I can't see any of the three out of the frame

Comment

• How many points you got on these 3 Kev?

Comment

• Like that one Kev, I see Auvergnat won yesterday , got to be in the frame too for the XC i'd have thought .

Comment

• My first one is down - borrowing the technique of using free bets on them to minimise exposure. Having doubted him all year, I'm now a Might Bite true believer. I'm on board the Gold Cup hype train

Comment

• Originally posted by robith View Post
                            My first one is down - borrowing the technique of using free bets on them to minimise exposure. Having doubted him all year, I'm now a Might Bite true believer. I'm on board the Gold Cup hype train
                            Single on MB or something else?

Comment

• Annie Power is Retired , news today !.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                                Annie Power is Retired , news today !.
                                Was always coming, in foal with Camelot

Comment

Working...
                                X