Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2018 Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vautour View Post
    You'll love it - it's awesome. Make sure you go to the pre-parade ring at some point - Its weird how serene it is compared to the rest of the place. You should try and go on the Tuesday as well if you can - best days racing in the entire year.

One tip - if you get to day 3 with virtually no winners as has happened to me a few times go all in on your fancy for the JLT - I'm 2 for 2 doing this.

These bet 365 cash outs are crazy - I have a five fold with Sayar and Salsaretta in it wanting to pay out at 4-1 and a seven fold only place a few weeks ago paying the same. I'll be letting them all ride mind just in case!
    I’ll be at home for the Tuesday unfortunately. Actually, I’ll be with my nan and Grandad and put a few bets on for them on the Tuesday. Not too fussed by the Tuesday as it goes. Thlugh If The Cap antepost would be a big win. Got him any race at 20s. I tend to go to Racing (greyhounds too) if I have a big antepost bet. So i will be at Epsom in June for the Oaks. Been on September for the race since before her Chesham win at Ascot. Was at Ascot for lady Aurelius win last year which was a decent bet too.

Cheltenham I have lots of antepost bets but I’m going for the experience. So it’s a bit different. Got some big bets on top of course but I’m looking forward to the week. Worked out brilliantly as well as the football team I support Home and away (Ipswich) are playing in Bristol on the Saturday so I stayed an extra night and saved the travelling money. Worked out well.

Think my biggest single on the day will be Burning Ambition (Foxhunters). It’s no secret on here that I love the horse and have an antepost bet but I reckon I’ll have another go on the day. I definitely will if blaklion places in the gold cup beforehand.

Agree on the Bet365 cashouts. Cashed out Bristol De Mai today. Had 33/1 from before the Betfair chase but even though he’s that price now again, I can’t see him winning. Cashed out full stake for no loss.

As a side note, I’ve stuck my weekly skybet free bet fivers in multiples. Wouldn’t it be great to have one go to the last leg. Most of them from the start of the season have a fair chance with Samcro, Altior and Apples Shakira at the centre of many.

Apologies for the longish ramble.

Comment

• No apologies for the ramble MoM ... longer the better. Or so my wife says.

Interesting to hear that you go whereever your ante post bets go... that must add an element of excitement for you.

For me, I agree with Vautour that the Tuesday is a special days racing, however the other 3 are better than any other days you could go to! I actually haven't been on Gold Cup day either, so my opinion is un-educated at the moment.

Do you have a bet in every race? OR just hammer the ante post selections you like?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        No apologies for the ramble MoM ... longer the better. Or so my wife says.

Interesting to hear that you go whereever your ante post bets go... that must add an element of excitement for you.

For me, I agree with Vautour that the Tuesday is a special days racing, however the other 3 are better than any other days you could go to! I actually haven't been on Gold Cup day either, so my opinion is un-educated at the moment.

Do you have a bet in every race? OR just hammer the ante post selections you like?
        Yeah I will have a bet every race definitely.

I’ll also have a bet on the day and treat my antepost bets as an extra add on.

I’m a bit gutted I never ventured up north for the grand national (I was at Fulham away with Ipswich that day) as One For Arthur was my biggest ever win. I’d said for months on The Racing Forum that he would win so that was great. Wish I’d been there though. Hoping September in June will be a great moment.

I can see myself hammering Burning Ambition if I’ve had a good week. Sometimes you just have to go with your gut and despite their being very little evidence to back it up, my gut screams that he’s gonna tear them apart and I should lump on a bit more.

I’ve deliberately gone in the Best mate stand for the Friday as I’ve heard Club gets like sardines in gold cup day. I like watching from the rail as well and the gold cup is over on the course by the best mate stand rather than the main stand. I think I will prefer that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
          I’ve down for the Wednesday Thursday and Friday.

Going club Wednesday, tatts Thursday and best mate Friday.

First festival for me and I am absolutely buzzing for it
          I am excited for you MOM. The festival is unmissable and I doubt after this you will ever miss one again

Comment

• If you are going best mate for the first time I can assure you it will be the last.

It’s horrendous in there. Full of chavs and lots of people lagered up not bothered about the Racing.

Mix of club and tatts for me, worth the extra dollar.

Comment

• Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
              If you are going best mate for the first time I can assure you it will be the last.

It’s horrendous in there. Full of chavs and lots of people lagered up not bothered about the Racing.

Mix of club and tatts for me, worth the extra dollar.
              I’d heard it wasn’t great in there. I’m still hopeful I’d be able to avoid those who just want to drink and p1ss about. Wanted to try each enclosure once though and as gold cup day was apparently like sardines, I thought that was perhaps the day to go best mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
                I am excited for you MOM. The festival is unmissable and I doubt after this you will ever miss one again
                Booked a holidayinn in Bristol and getting the train in each morning. Only half an hour.

£418 for the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday nights with breakfast and dinners included and use of a swimming pool, sauna etc. I thought that was reasonable when you consider how crazy the prices were actually in Cheltenham.

Comment

Booked a holidayinn in Bristol and getting the train in each morning. Only half an hour.

£418 for the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday nights with breakfast and dinners included and use of a swimming pool, sauna etc. I thought that was reasonable when you consider how crazy the prices were actually in Cheltenham.
                  Thats decent. Im pretty sure the holiday inn is over 300 quid a night in cheltenham!

Comment

• This is what I being telling this lass I met over last couple of months Cheltenham is best place ever. Of for Tuesday Wednesday this year.
                    Last edited by Liam301287; 30 January 2018, 07:49 AM.

Comment

I’d heard it wasn’t great in there. I’m still hopeful I’d be able to avoid those who just want to drink and p1ss about. Wanted to try each enclosure once though and as gold cup day was apparently like sardines, I thought that was perhaps the day to go best mate.
                      It’s worth trying once mate. Just not for me.

Comment

• This is why we stop at a place ten minutes from the course. Taxi no all short cuts so you don't get stuck in all traffic. Very Well organised.

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
                          Thats decent. Im pretty sure the holiday inn is over 300 quid a night in cheltenham!
                          Double.

I tried to book there early before I knew my Mrs was pregnant. Last 2 years iv randomly stayed at the same hotel as the itv team in 2 different hotels they were doing a test run the year before. They have a whole studio in the puckrup hall hilton in Tewkesbury and the year before i stayed in the manor by the lake in Cheltenham itself. Both were booked extremely early when I looked for this year's but I would highly recommend either
                          Last edited by Scooby91; 30 January 2018, 08:53 AM.
                          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• We usually stay in a place called the great thyte barn in Tetbury
                            It is 22 miles from the course so you will need a designated driver each day
                            They have self catering cottages that are a very high standard
                            The converted barn is a wedding venue and is quiet at this time of year
                            We have the 8 bed cottage,1000 for the week,125 each,amazing value
                            Nice little village 5 mins walk with some good pubs and restaurants
                            Check out their website www.thegreatthytebarn.co.uk

Comment

• Having read the reply's to the cash out, Im wondering how to play BvD and Samcro.

BvD I could cash and then re-stake the full amount. I would lose potential winnings of £30. But would then get NRNB and BOG (possibly start bigger than 8/15?).

Samcro I could cash and then re-stake the full amount. I would lose potential winnings of £170. But would then get NRNB and BOG (possibly start bigger than 6/4?).

There are a few other horses offering similar scenarios. Not normally an advocate for cash out, but the NRNB offers a different angle to normal day to day punting.

Comment

• Cashed out next destination. They let you lay it off at 11/2 effectively, backed again on exchange at 10.5.

Put the spare left over on him for the surely we nrnb 14/1.

All the rest I'm leaving be.
                                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Working...
                                X