Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2018 Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that the Mares hurdle is a grade 1 I think it'll sway connections to target the race again next season. There isn't an easier Grade 1 at the festival. She could be competitive in the Stayers or Champion hurdle and at 5 years old is still improving but not sure why they do anything other than target another Mares Hurdle with her.

Comment

• If she were mine it would be the Stayers every time. She's already won the Mares and the 7lb mares allowance puts her very close to the top stayers.

Comment

• Any one tempted by 25 -1 for Cilaos Emery in the ch. hdle ??,. was the punchestown result a one off ?.

Comment

• BC - Cilaos was touted as the potential #1 novice hurdler in the yard but was beaten in the mud at Punchestown and pretty much forgotten for the Supreme, but, back on better ground he was backed and ran well into 5th, his Punch festival win wasn't entirely unexpected on that ground so he's definitely one to keep onside when there's 'good' in the going description....

Comment

• cheers Istabraq , archie , put cilaos e. & apples j.together with altior & road to respect in a small L.15 now .

Comment

• Does anyone know if Paddy are offering odds on Samcro to win any race?

Comment

• Paddy never got back to my try requesting it

It is best prices at 12/1 on William Hills, now on site rather than needing to be requested

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                  Does anyone know if Paddy are offering odds on Samcro to win any race?
                  They offered me 10/1.

Comment

• Samcro 10/1 with Hills, I went into shop and had my biggest ever bet on a horse when they were 12/1, they offered me half at 12/1 and half at 10/1. I could not of been more impressed with his bumper runs and he ticks all boxes for me at this stage. I could see an argument for him going for all three novice races, hence why ive chosen to back him for any race. I wont be doing as much antepost this year but if i do ive decided to have slightly larger bets when I do. Looking forward to seeing Samcro back out next year, I was really glad they didnt run him again at Punchestown and hopefully he can stay fit and we get the chance to see him race next year! #aeroplanelumpon

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                      They offered me 10/1.
                      How did you get the quote?

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                        How did you get the quote?
                        I asked them through Twitter a while ago. They offered 10/1 but hills offered me 12/1 so I took that.

I just had to phone them up to place the bet, which isn't ideal as it's my wife's account......

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                          I asked them through Twitter a while ago. They offered 10/1 but hills offered me 12/1 so I took that.

I just had to phone them up to place the bet, which isn't ideal as it's my wife's account......
                          Ive got a free bet with Paddy i wanna use so will tweet them. Cheers FM

Comment

• 1 pt E/W double on Cause of Causes (Cross Country) and Our Duke (Gold Cup)

129/1 ..... Both over priced IMHO.

I originally wanted to start chipping away at Might Bite for the KG but he just hasn't been missed at all in the market... and now I have convinced myself Our Duke CANNOT be out of the three if he gets there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              1 pt E/W double on Cause of Causes (Cross Country) and Our Duke (Gold Cup)

I originally wanted to start chipping away at Might Bite for the KG but he just hasn't been missed at all in the market... and now I have convinced myself Our Duke CANNOT be out of the three if he gets there.
                              They are two horses I've got in the book already. The 12/1 Our Duke is just too big.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                1 pt E/W double on Cause of Causes (Cross Country) and Our Duke (Gold Cup)

I like that double aswell.

I agree with Might Bite. Ive got a bit of casual work at Nottingham racecourse and was chatting with one of the customers the other day and I asked them to get me a price on MB hoping there was still some decent price. Couldn't believe he was 4/1

Comment

Working...
                                X