Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2018 Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Innoko View Post
    Crashed through the 2.5k outlay for the festival yesterday.

Not sure how that compares to many on here, shocked me a little when i counted it all up though!
    A higher ammount. but iv covered alot of races, and iv been here many times before.

I mean this In no offence to anybody.

But i would in no way advise anybody that hasnt bet big before in there own relative terms.
    to go as big as any of these ammounts.
    May not apply to many on here. But for any new people that was thinking of upping there stakes it is deffinately not the norm.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Nowhere near the big boys i have around £370 on with £75 worth of free bets on top of that. Happy with the ante post bets so far but do enjoy betting on the day nipping across from the pub to the bookies. Collecting the winnings in cold hard cash always feels nice

Comment

• All depends on what you have for me. Whether I had £100 on or 10k, I wouldn't be comfortable unless I went in on the Tuesday of the festival knowing that if every bet loses I'm still going to be happy on Friday evening. I mean obviously I would be gutted in one way, but as long as financially I've only lost what I can afford, and I've enjoyed the racing then that's fine.

I'm not a professional and I never will be.

Edit: a very rare philosophical post for my 100th!

Oh, and I will be gutted regardless if one of CoC or TR don't hack up in the XC!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Garrison Savannah View Post
          All depends on what you have for me. Whether I had £100 on or 10k, I wouldn't be comfortable unless I went in on the Tuesday of the festival knowing that if every bet loses I'm still going to be happy on Friday evening. I mean obviously I would be gutted in one way, but as long as financially I've only lost what I can afford, and I've enjoyed the racing then that's fine.

Oh, and I will be gutted regardless if one of CoC or TR don't hack up in the XC!!!
          Exactly that Put in much better words than myself.
          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Many Clouds View Post
            Nowhere near the big boys i have around £370 on with £75 worth of free bets on top of that. Happy with the ante post bets so far but do enjoy betting on the day nipping across from the pub to the bookies. Collecting the winnings in cold hard cash always feels nice
            Cold hard cash in your hand when nipping back over to the pub is a dangerous combination though

Comment

• Originally posted by Innoko View Post
              Crashed through the 2.5k outlay for the festival yesterday.

Not sure how that compares to many on here, shocked me a little when i counted it all up though!
              Over the course of a few months (August - March) I put 2/3 grand on. In March I get a few grand back. Been doing it since 2013 and have always turned a profit, best about two grand, worst about a hundred quid, average probably a few hundred quid. Even the worst was more than i'd get if i put that money in an ISA, and I still don't think i've had a really good year yet where it's all come together well/multiples have hit the target (hopefully this year). The way I bet i can't see that i'd ever lose more than a few hundred quid (and that would have to be an awful year), and by the time March comes around I have written it off in my head a bit and thus just see the winnings as a bonus. Doing it this way I find I can really enjoy the racing as a sport (and it's a sport I love), whereas before I started doing ante post my enjoyment of the week was tempered a little by winning/losing bets on the day

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                Dell'Arca-Pertempts.

Just putting this one out there. Qualified already behind Thomas Campbell. Likes Cheltenham. All views welcome..........

The only race I dont have a cent on yet

I had him down too after his run first time out in October behind Thomas Campbell but then he went on to win next time out and got hiked up to 150. Has a mark of 149 now, could be vulnerable to an unexposed type?

Voix Du Reve stands out at the top of the market at the moment. Dont think he's qualified yet but he did run in the Irish qualifier that Presenting Percy ran in last year and Mall Dini the year before. But that race is interesting because of those that qualified in the last 2 years finished:

2017- Electric Concorde 1st Leop - 6th in Pertemps
                Isleofhopesandreams 2nd Leop - 14th in Pertemps (Rubys mount), went on to win at Punchestown
                Presenting Percy 5th Leop - 1st in Pertemps

2016 - Mall Dini 4ht Leop - 1st in Pertemps
                Leave at Dawn 5th Leop - 9th in Pertemps but went off fav
                Rathpatrick 6th Leop - 6th in Pertemps

Out of the same race this year JP had Glenloe and A Great View that qualified.
                I'm happy enough to stay away from this for a while. There are a few more qualifiers in the next month. Voix du Reve has to be one to keep an eye anyway. And if he gets entered into a qualifier, it would be interesting to see what some of the bigger trainers bring along!

Comment

• Originally posted by Garrison Savannah View Post
                  All depends on what you have for me. Whether I had £100 on or 10k, I wouldn't be comfortable unless I went in on the Tuesday of the festival knowing that if every bet loses I'm still going to be happy on Friday evening. I mean obviously I would be gutted in one way, but as long as financially I've only lost what I can afford, and I've enjoyed the racing then that's fine.

GS, couldn't of put it better myself

Comment

• Not the most original of bets
                    However,just gone in heavy on a 5/1 treble
                    Ireland Betbright trophy
                    W Mullins top trainer
                    R Walsh top jockey

Comment

• Originally posted by Liammet View Post
                      Not the most original of bets
                      Ireland Betbright trophy
                      W Mullins top trainer
                      R Walsh top jockey
                      who is this with?

Comment

• Last year I upped my points from a fiver to a tenner and it didn't go very well, so happily taking myself back down again this year.

£560 budget for singles, £200 budget for multis (although this year I'm using free bets so I may allow myself bigger stakes on some I do quite fancy in singles). Currently at £200. Comfortable

Comment

• Originally posted by Liammet View Post
                          Not the most original of bets
                          Ireland Betbright trophy
                          W Mullins top trainer
                          R Walsh top jockey
                          It's that on a special market Liam? If so, who with?

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                            It's that on a special market Liam? If so, who with?
                            Eagerly awaiting the answer to this haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              Eagerly awaiting the answer to this haha
                              I am a VIP member with paddypower
                              If you tweet them their traders will quote you a price for your chosen bet
                              #whatoddspaddy
                              Expect I got an enhanced price

Comment

• Thanks Liam. 5/1 seems a decent price considering they are all related. PP won't take much of a bet from me unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                                X