Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
    Hobbs confirms Defi Du Seuil stays over timber which is hardly surprising for a 4yo, most in here will know my views on Triumph horses tackling the Champion Hurdle and although I have always rated DDS a star in the making when they turn the gas on I'd expect a speedier type to quicken better.
    Anyone tempted by the 8/1 ?
    This is his only realistic festival target so already has an advantage over half those at the top of the betting, so if you're that way inclined he has the look of a back to lay to me....

He looked fantastic in the triumph but history has shown that plenty of impressive triumph horses have failed to make their mark in the Champion Hurdle.

DDS would have to be exceptional to win the Champion. I can see the angle of a back to lay because you'd imagine Buveur D'air and DDS will be kept separate until Cheltenham in March and if he wins his trials nicely he'll be a fair bit shorter than 8/1 on the day.

Back to lay isn't really my thing though.

I don't think I'd take 8/1 on the day for DDS. The amount of runs he has had already is making me think he isn't as open to improvement add some other triumph winners and you really do have to go back to find any that are good enough to be involved in a champion hurdle. I was mad keen on Our Connor but even that might have been proven misguided.

On the topic of misguided, i'd sooner back Charli Parcs at 33/1 as the target is surely the same, better trainer for the race and surely open to much more improvement. *might go and find the cliff horse thread* ... But anyone agree?

Ainsie Va La Vie 20/1 Mares novice hurdle

I've had a very small nibble on her ew at 20s. The fact she is clearly fragile stopped me having a bit more. Hugely impressive debut on Sunday and I read now the plan is a winners bumper then to go hurdling so I would imagine this race would be the target. Shes a half sister to grade 1 winning hurdler Sous Les Cieux.
    This could be the supreme racing clubs mare for the race, but no doubt Ricci will have something decent also.
    At 20s felt she was worth a little tickle as she wont be that if she lines up on the day.

I think it was Archie who has shares in some of the supreme racing club horses - maybe he is in the know with this one.

The fact that Supreme and Willie persevered with Ainsi Va La Vie for over 3 years was a good indication that she had ability and that, individually, her injuries weren't that serious. Horses are moved on if they don't meet the requirements. It's why I tend to go for well bred mares because they have a greater residual value as potential broodmares.
    As for Cheltenham, it's very early days even at 20/1.

Thanks Archie. Have you been buying into any other horses recently?

Irons in the fire, FM.