Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2018 Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicholls got a really strong hand in the handicaps this year... I would say all of these are well handicapped and worth a second look

Close Bros

Movewiththetimes (142)
    Peter The Mayo Man (142)
    Adrien Du Pont (145)
    Brio Conti (145)

Festival Plate

Romain De Senam (142)
    Bouvreuil (142)

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
      Nicholls got a really strong hand in the handicaps this year... I would say all of these are well handicapped and worth a second look

Close Bros

Movewiththetimes (142)
      Peter The Mayo Man (142)
      Adrien Du Pont (145)
      Brio Conti (145)

Festival Plate

Romain De Senam (142)
      Bouvreuil (142)
      Something I noted on the Bookies Specials thread, do agree, some look well handicapped and I suspect he'll pick up a couple of races along the way.

Comment

• Unfortunately Peter the Mayo Man wont go to Cheltenham after his recent fall, he's fine and in good form but an easier target is on the menu.

ps you missed off the best two handicapped horses, Diego Du Charmil and Act of Valour!! ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by billymag View Post
          Unfortunately Peter the Mayo Man wont go to Cheltenham after his recent fall, he's fine and in good form but an easier target is on the menu.

ps you missed off the best two handicapped horses, Diego Du Charmil and Act of Valour!! ;-)
          Peter the mayo man has a nice prize in him at some point. Yeah fair play to Nicholls really, realised a few years ago that targeting the handicaps/hunter chases the way to go for his yard, at least in the short term. He’s got a whole host of chances in those races now this year and would expect at least a couple of winners

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
            Up for review RSA 560.0
            Entered this weekend. Could be a dark horse for the 4 miler too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
              Entered this weekend. Could be a dark horse for the 4 miler too.
              I saw, That's when i backed him.
              Has 2 entries
              I don't think he wants 4 miles at all personally. but he was always going to make a smashing chaser imo, he jumps a hurdle like a fence. And alongside al boum photo is the other one iv been excited to see make the transition. This should be his game and i wouldnt be suprised at all if he wins a grade 1 over fences.
              Last edited by Scooby91; 15 February 2018, 07:16 PM.
              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                I saw, That's when i backed him.
                Has 2 entries
                I don't think he wants 4 miles at all personally. but he was always going to make a smashing chaser imo, he jumps a hurdle like a fence. And alongside al boum photo is the other one iv been excited to see make the transition. This should be his game and i wouldnt be suprised at all if he wins a grade 1 over fences.
                I always had him down as an out and out staryer so think 4 miles would be right up his street. Either way, it'll be interesting to see how he gets on at the weekend, if he runs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                  I always had him down as an out and out staryer so think 4 miles would be right up his street. Either way, it'll be interesting to see how he gets on at the weekend, if he runs.
                  He managed to go too fast for Fagan over 3m in a future stars hurdle in April 16 (but that says more about Fagan than UFR to me)

I had Up For Review down as a horse that needs heavy ground, but I didn't put much detail in my notes and looking at his form that doesn't seem to be 100% the case...

Comment

• Long time lurker (circa 2016 Cheltenham) but never even joined let alone posted! Taking the plunge now, the forum is fantastic, so much knowledge floating about, great posts and information, just wanted to say thanks to all who do post and who knows, I may get more involved myself. Cheers to a profitable March!

Comment

• Cashed out all min antepost qmcc bets for 3 x what I put on.
                      And put it all on douvan 4/1 nrnb bog Ryanair.

If douvan runs in the qmcc mins not a 3/1 chance in the same race.
                      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBucks View Post
                        Long time lurker (circa 2016 Cheltenham) but never even joined let alone posted! Taking the plunge now, the forum is fantastic, so much knowledge floating about, great posts and information, just wanted to say thanks to all who do post and who knows, I may get more involved myself. Cheers to a profitable March!
                        Welcome BB

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBucks View Post
                          Long time lurker (circa 2016 Cheltenham) but never even joined let alone posted! Taking the plunge now, the forum is fantastic, so much knowledge floating about, great posts and information, just wanted to say thanks to all who do post and who knows, I may get more involved myself. Cheers to a profitable March!
                          Welcome to the forum BB.

Get stuck in

Comment

• 952/1 with BFSB for Mullins to have another brilliant Thursday and win the same 4 races?

Invitation Only 10/1
                            Un De Sceaux 11/4 NRNB
                            Penhill 10/1 NRNB
                            Laurina 11/10

Haven't backed this but it'd cover IO and UDS who I don't get a profitable return on so far, and Penhill who I haven't backed at all... all rolling on to the lightly raced mare

When I start looking at multiples like this, that I don't back - I know it is time to go to sleep

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              952/1 with BFSB for Mullins to have another brilliant Thursday and win the same 4 races?

Invitation Only 10/1
                              Un De Sceaux 11/4 NRNB
                              Penhill 10/1 NRNB
                              Laurina 11/10

Haven't backed this but it'd cover IO and UDS who I don't get a profitable return on so far, and Penhill who I haven't backed at all... all rolling on to the lightly raced mare

When I start looking at multiples like this, that I don't back - I know it is time to go to sleep
                              I had the Mullins/walsh 4 timer last year on that thursday , Apart from Penhill (Injury concerns ?), I'd say that's a decent bet there .
                              I do fancy I.only to run in the J.L.T.

Comment

• The trouble with that kind of bet is that Mullins is likely to have more than one runner in all those races. If he had the four-timer and you didn't, how would you feel?

Comment

Working...
                                X