Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2018 Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    I don't know what you mean by target the Thursday this year? He came 2nd in the Supreme, had his two 'bankers' in Faugheen and Annie power ruled out for the Tuesday and thought Yorkhill had more chance of wining the JLT than arkle against Altior?

To me, yes targeting as many races as he can, regardless of the day. I don't believe that he specially targeted the Thursday at all, I think it was just a good day? You can't really believe he was trying to win more on the Thursday than any other day?
    The yard seemingly have at least one really strong day in particular is my point I'm trying to make, and I don't feel it to be coincidence either, now I'm not for one minute suggestion that WPM wouldn't want to win every other race he has horses in but it's happened a few times now where things just 'happen' to fall in to place on one particular day!

By 'targeting' the Thursday I mean he had Yorkhill, UDS, Nichols Canyon & Let's Dance win all in one day, which by the way is a brilliant achievement, whereas the prior 2 days of the festival he struggled to get a horse close to winning. It may purely be 'luck' that these races, with his best chances happen to fall on the same day, but it's now happened a few times.

I certainly don't think he stops horses winning, I just find it strange how suddenly it all just clicks, it's not as if it's a couple of weeks apart, they are all there the same week.

There were reports/rumours/misinformed people, spouting about this 'viral' problem in the yard this year, when things weren't looking good for the beginning of the festival for the yard, then suddenly Thursday comes about and horses become unbeatable again!

Comment

• It's just a coincidence CoD and there is no chance they are planning a gamble on a specific day.

For me, it just shows the ammo that WPM has at his disposal when 3 or 4 well fancied horses can get beaten and he can still achieve 6 winners for the week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
        It's just a coincidence CoD and there is no chance they are planning a gamble on a specific day.

For me, it just shows the ammo that WPM has at his disposal when 3 or 4 well fancied horses can get beaten and he can still achieve 6 winners for the week.
        You may be right FM, and I just may be looking too much into it. I'm well aware of his army of horses, so I guess it should come as no surprise that he can do this anyway!

Comment

• The key to previous Tuesday success for Willie has, in general, been the Ricci horses and this time, for a variety of reasons, Ricci didn't have a realistic contender in the Supreme, Arkle or CH and his mares got done by a very good one. There is every chance that his huge investment over the last 12 months will see things return to normal next March.

Comment

• Petit Mouchior runs against some interesting horses in the green and gold tomorrow. I've got an eye on this race for the Grand Annual

Comment

Petit Mouchior runs against some interesting horses in the green and gold tomorrow. I've got an eye on this race for the Grand Annual
              Very much agree with you FM. Would not surprise me if 3 of the 5 JP runners today have good claims in the handicaps come March imo

Comment

• Just had a very brief chat with Jonjo O'Neill jnr at Nottingham. Theyd be disappointed if Minella Rocco didnt get very close to winning tomorrow and it didnt need confirming but gold cup the aim again

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                  Just had a very brief chat with Jonjo O'Neill jnr at Nottingham. Theyd be disappointed if Minella Rocco didnt get very close to winning tomorrow and it didnt need confirming but gold cup the aim again
                  And then the National? Certainly hope so.

Comment

Petit Mouchior runs against some interesting horses in the green and gold tomorrow. I've got an eye on this race for the Grand Annual
                    Yes FM, and whilst I'd be disappointed should PM lose, there are a couple in here who have some, not a lot, but some chase experience already, and they were fair animals over hurdles too. On all known form he should win, and win well, but it's a new game, I'm confident he'll improve bundles regardless of the result today.

Just seen Our Duke is 80/1 to do the Gold Cup / Grand National double as a Request A Bet on Sky, anyone interested in this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vautour View Post
                      And then the National? Certainly hope so.
                      I asked about the National and he said hes at 161 now so it might be a bit tight

Comment

• When stay humble wins his first race I have to imagine my SH/Petit Mouchoir/CoC/Samcro lucky 15 that pays £20k will be being offered a cash out of 4 figures

I can dream anyway

Comment

• First Triumph Hurdle & Champion Bumper bets today, Espoir D'Allen & Demopolis for the Triumph both 2pts e/way, and Stay Humble & Invincible Cave for the Bumper, 1pt e/way each.

Comment

• Before anyone jumps in on VVM for the Mares Hurdle (although it would take a brave man to do so...)

"She got injured at Punchestown last time, but she’s back now and seems in good form. I think we’ll mix it between hurdling and chasing with her this season depending on what opportunities present themselves."

From the Mullins Stable Tour on ATR.

Comment

• Pp/ Bf odds say it all.
                              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Leman14 View Post
                                Before anyone jumps in on VVM for the Mares Hurdle (although it would take a brave man to do so...)

"She got injured at Punchestown last time, but she’s back now and seems in good form. I think we’ll mix it between hurdling and chasing with her this season depending on what opportunities present themselves."

From the Mullins Stable Tour on ATR.
                                Massive VVM fan, though think she should go chasing, that said, I thought the same last season too!

Have stayed well clear of her for the Mares this season, Apple's Jade & Limini have been included in cross multiples for some time now!

Comment

Working...
                                X