Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2018 Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some great looking bets there !!, I can see already that this Thread is going to be bigger and better than last year !!!, ( if that's possible ). Loving it ,Loving it Loving it !!. I think i'd be wary backing Douvan in any race until it runs again , although you gotta be in it to win it obviously.

Comment

I cant do Altior after this year run. Who to say he wouldn't of got beat if Charbel wouldn't of fallen. I reckon he was running better then Altior at that stage. Staying well clear of Favourites next season.

Comment

Yorkhill and Douvan will be kept apart - Douvan's jumping might be under less pressure over further. I can see him in Ryanair with Yorkhill stepping up. Will be interesting to see where Yorkhill goes for rest of year - I wonder if he could step out of novice company and go for Gold Cup in Punchestown ?

Comment

Anyone think CoC might be hard to train ? The Cross Country is often a last resort for horses who look out of love with the game. If they can keep him interested he could dominate but he has a lot of miles on the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
            Anyone think CoC might be hard to train ? The Cross Country is often a last resort for horses who look out of love with the game. If they can keep him interested he could dominate but he has a lot of miles on the clock.
            Either that, or the possibility that he'll never be well-handicapped at Cheltenham again by Phil Smith after his Kim Muir catastrophe!

You could very well be right though.

Comment

The ones that interest me are:

Neon Wolf for the Arkle 14/1
              Cause of Causes for XC 10/1
              Buveur D'air for CH 5/1 (I'm going to have a bet a week on him until the 5/1 is gone)
              Presenting Percy for WH at 20/1.

Comment

Neon Wolf JLT not worry you? OR ground dependant. For a festival loser, 14s isn't big value? I'm still a believer in the horse but with the owners not having a whole lot of love for Cheltenham, Arkle/JLT doesn't seem an obvious difference?

BVD'air ... I need to watch it back Looking at the rest of the odds DDS 5 y/o, Faugheen surely won't be coming back to his best now, same AP, No reason Min will come back from Chasing after looking as good over fences... Apples Jade, will stick to mares or go chasing, Neon Wolf is next... Chasing. Limini Not good enough, Melon, beaten by Labaik ? Yorkhill 25s, not quoted everywhere.

Might back Yorkhill 1 pt E/W at 25s and just expect a non runner. Melon would tempt me in next, but only 20s and might go chasing, so..... after starting off thinking you're crazy, I think BVD is a good bet at 5/1, and I will start chipping away

Comment

He's turned out to be an exceptionally versatile horse and now has three festival wins to his name and joins an elite group, he could easily come back and go close in the day one 3m handicap or why not take a shot at the Gold Cup, he wouldn't be last.

It seemed everyone on the track knew the horse had been extensively schooled in the week leading to the festival, I think GE bought him over 8 days before the race and he had unlimited access to the course.
                  Something that needs to be considered for next year....

Comment

Might Bite 14/1 for the Gold Cup... too big. Around the same price if not bigger than Djakadam - that's ludicrous.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                      Might Bite 14/1 for the Gold Cup... too big. Around the same price if not bigger than Djakadam - that's ludicrous.
                      I'd be seriously worried about the course for Might Bite. He's obviously talented but he's also a complete lunatic.

Comment

He just got bored/distracted FM, nothing wrong with his engine, he'll get the trip OK....

Comment

Yorkhill and Douvan will be kept apart - Douvan's jumping might be under less pressure over further. I can see him in Ryanair with Yorkhill stepping up. Will be interesting to see where Yorkhill goes for rest of year - I wonder if he could step out of novice company and go for Gold Cup in Punchestown ?
                          I think you could be right about Yorkhill , Mayo.. Ruby said gold cup , but he didn't say which one !.

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                            He just got bored/distracted FM, nothing wrong with his engine, he'll get the trip OK....
                            I agree Ista but if he hits the front on the run in next season he'd probably do the same

Comment

A nice little double on LETS DANCE - Mares and APPLES JADE - Stayers

Comment

I'm gonna do similar to you FM and feed a few quid every so often onto a horse, but for me it's Yorkhill for the Gold cup, the water looks far too muddy in the CH, big guns may or may not be back, and that could see saw all year. I wouldn't really want a huge position on anything else in that race if Faugheen turned up with his A game, if not it could be Min, or AP, getting a bit old next year probably.

Comment

Working...
                                X