Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2018 Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VVM got a good mention from Kevin Blake on the FFP. I'd think she'll end up in the mares race again even if she's won some chases. Nothing to lose with her and surely her best chance of wining a race. Only the Ryanair that's remotely close for her to win? I've wanted her in the Ryanair for a few seasons and I would be really interested ... I'm quite pleased to great she's going chasing, but still think it'll be the mares

Comment

• Been analysing all my AP bets with Samcro, thought i'd share a couple of my favourites with you all to get your opinions:

Each Way Yankee (£55,000 returns)
      Neptune - Samcro - 16/1
      Arkle - Petit Mouchoir - 12/1
      RSA - Death Duty - 16/1
      Mares Novice - Mystic Theatre - 10/1

Each Way 4 fold (£142,710) & Each Way Yankee (£53,000)
      Neptune - Samcro - 16/1
      Arkle - FO - 16/1
      Cross Country - CoC - 7/1
      Supreme - Annamix - 12/1

Bought into the hype of Samcro and Annamix, but here's hoping it pays off come March!

Comment

• Originally posted by jkite16 View Post
        Been analysing all my AP bets with Samcro, thought i'd share a couple of my favourites with you all to get your opinions:

Neptune - Samcro - 16/1
        RSA - Death Duty - 16/1

Neptune - Samcro - 16/1
        Arkle - FO - 16/1
        Supreme - Annamix - 12/1

Bought into the hype of Samcro and Annamix, but here's hoping it pays off come March!
        Fingers crossed they get there, in the right races, in good form!
        You'd be hopeful of making a nice profit

Comment

Been analysing all my AP bets with Samcro, thought i'd share a couple of my favourites with you all to get your opinions:

Neptune - Samcro - 16/1
          RSA - Death Duty - 16/1

Neptune - Samcro - 16/1
          Arkle - FO - 16/1
          Supreme - Annamix - 12/1

Really like the look of the second bet as I'm on 3 of the 4. I'd be a hit worried about death duty for the rsa after today though.

Comment

• The 2nd bet could be a beauty

Comment

• 75% of the battle is getting the horses fit, well and in the right race.

So I decided with multiples after constantly losing a horse from them pre festival last year, that I would only include ones where the target was confirmed.

So far so good.... It won't last!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                188 pts so far, with an extra "37 pts" of free bets

Highest multiples stakes are 4pts (mainly 1 pt trixies)
                Highest stake on a single horse is 11 pts (CoC)
                Most horses backed a race is the Gold Cup (5)
                19.5 pts in the any race singles market

By day:
                Tue - 39 pts
                Wed - 31 pts
                Thu - 22 pts
                Fri - 21 pts

Multiples - 75 pts

season starts in a couple of weeks ... maybe I'll slow down

By no means in your league Kev, but I've staked 82 pts thus far.

To put things in perspective, it took me until Christmas to do that last year.... and I was supposed to be cutting back!?!

I've got 30pts staked on the "Any Race" market - far more than usual (only staked 4 pts on this market last time)
                Last edited by Leman14; 20 October 2017, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Neptune - Samcro - 16/1
                  RSA - Death Duty - 16/1

Neptune - Samcro - 16/1
                  Arkle - FO - 16/1
                  Supreme - Annamix - 12/1

Nice little profit if landed. Good luck fella

Comment

• Nowhere to put this question so thought i'd stick it here. Whats the grandstand like at Haydock? Looking at booking a couple of tickets for me and a mate for Betfair day!

Comment

• Obviously I've started my book up over the last month, nothing to heavy just a few bullets fired with my gut feelings and with a little substance.. Petit mouchoir, sceau Royal and move with the times are 3 bets in the Arkle which at this stage I'm quite happy with..

Comment

• Here's one from left field. There is a horse entered in the Ballymore Novice Hurdle on Friday at Cheltenham called Its All Guesswork trained by Gordon Elliott. I do not think the horse is there to win but rather get a sighter of the course as Gordon likes to do with some of his horses at this meeting (he also has Fagan entered in a chase). Now, connecting the owner into the theory and it would not surprise me if this horse ended up in the Coral Cup or Pertemps (owner has won the last two renewals) come March.

It's a speculative theory but could have substance...

Comment

• Can't wait for Friday, jumps back properly. BRING IT ON!

Comment

• Well spotted JackieMoon33, defo worth keeping an eye on if it runs

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                              Here's one from left field. There is a horse entered in the Ballymore Novice Hurdle on Friday at Cheltenham called Its All Guesswork trained by Gordon Elliott. I do not think the horse is there to win but rather get a sighter of the course as Gordon likes to do with some of his horses at this meeting (he also has Fagan entered in a chase). Now, connecting the owner into the theory and it would not surprise me if this horse ended up in the Coral Cup or Pertemps (owner has won the last two renewals) come March.

It's a speculative theory but could have substance...
                              An caisteal nuadh is the one who is a definite runner in the race.
                              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Nice performance from Brelade behind Petit Mouchoir last week at Punchestown. I can see him having a tilt at one of the handicaps at the fez.
                                Last edited by doctorwu; 22 October 2017, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X