Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2018 Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeh I'd probably not have a bet

Just seen Ricci say Douvan goes for the KG next season.... now THAT is reason enough to back Altior

and I am half tempted to find odds for the double.... Altior rolling on to Douvan.... If Douvan wins the KG he'll be odds on for the Gold Cup

Comment

They'll step up Douvan next year, expect him to be in the seasons biggest 3m chases with a view to getting the Gold Cup trip.

Comment

Friend of mine is very sweet on Might Bite for the King George and he said his biggest danger is Douvan, but I'm not convinced Mullins will bring him over.
        There are plenty of big pots in Ireland over Christmas and Mullins has never targeted the King George, has he ever won it ?
        Another case of Ricci saying too much and leaving himself exposed to criticism ?

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
          Friend of mine is very sweet on Might Bite for the King George and he said his biggest danger is Douvan, but I'm not convinced Mullins will bring him over.
          There are plenty of big pots in Ireland over Christmas and Mullins has never targeted the King George, has he ever won it ?
          Another case of Ricci saying too much and leaving himself exposed to criticism ?
          I put him up for the KG at 33/1 in another thread.

Comment

this will be fatjockey most viewed thread if OV can keep the 50ps in the meter

Comment

Who's already placed a bet for Cheltenham 2018?

Ok lads, this year has come and gone.. some good, some bad and some ugly.. anybody placed a bet for next years frstival? Or what are we thinking of backing if we haven't already?

Comment

Altior QMCC and Death Duty RSA double at 80/1, only £5 back in Feb

Comment

I've had an each way patent on Melon (Arkle), Douvan (GC) and Cause of Causes for the X-C just because I had some winnings sat in the account and I thought each price was a little big at double figures.

No more until October most likely!

Comment

Posted in another thread , but . - Thistlecrack - king George , Labaik -Ch .hdl ,Might bite - gold cup . - patent.

Comment

Originally posted by loveracing View Post
                      I put him up for the KG at 33/1 in another thread.
                      Cracking bet that's looking now LR, even with the possible opposition

Comment

Just bumped the older thread - it was quite far back so easy to miss...

Reflecting on the 2020 Cheltenham Festival and building up towards 2021. Threads on all major races including Gold Cup, Queen Mother and Champion Hurdle. Share early Cheltenham Festival Tips and check out our preview night reports.

Comment

So my 'enviable' position on Death Duty doesn't look so string now then

Trip/Ground/Track/Overhyped? I've far from given up but not the performance I wanted to see (with RSA 2018 in mind i'd have been more than happy with a performance similar to No More Heroes 3rd).

2 bets stand out to me now, primarily the former:

Nichols Canyon - Stayers Hurdle - 8/1

Think he can be the key player in this division. Looks to have found his trip. No doubts on stamina on how fast the race was run with Cole Harden. Still only 7. Owner has previous with this type of horse. And the key - no doubt whatsoever in target.

Cause of Causes - Cross Country - 10/1

Completely got him wrong this race. 'Only 9' which compared to others in the division is young / on par. Josies Orders was my best fancy of the festival last year before getting injured but at the same age, with injury to comeback from i'm wary of his chances at least for now and there's a 0% reason why you'd back JO until next Winter before the Cross Country races kick in. Auvergnant the other for Bolger will improve being young for this sphere but I see nothing from this years race to be able to beat CoC again. Can see Elliott keeping him to these races for the next 2-3 years alongside nationals. Don't see any other race they'd go for at the festival and his festival record is ridiculous. Josies Orders was 4/1 after last years race. Big price for me...

Yorkhill I want to follow whichever race but i'll let the dust settle and it'll be the usual Mullins merry go round!

Comment

Nichols Canyon.... Will anything affect his odds between now and the start of the season?
                            9/1 is avail?
                            I saw they are sending him over to America... I might have to request odds on Rawnaq before he beats him at Aintree!

I CAN see the case, but those prices are skinny enough considering we have 360 days to go..... I haven't been put off by ante post at all, and I'll go in to detail later on in the week... but there is no rush to do anything before Aintree is there?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              I CAN see the case, but those prices are skinny enough considering we have 360 days to go..... I haven't been put off by ante post at all, and I'll go in to detail later on in the week... but there is no rush to do anything before Aintree is there?
                              The 10/1 on CoC did catch my eye but as you say we've still got Aintree and Punchestown, i'll happily get the season finished before looking at next year

Comment

Mullins Bingo

Yorkhill @ 5/1 CC
                                Djakadam @ 6/1 Ryanair
                                Douvan @ 12/1 GC
                                Trixie, 4 bets * £5.00

Comment

Working...
                                X