Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    Quote Originally Posted by Istabraq View Post
    I've got a sneak they'll aim higher for C of C.
    He's arguably improved since his 4m win, at the very least the 3m handicap is a live target but with stamina his forte I wouldn't be surprised to see him aim at the blue ribband, and being owned by JP you'd expect him to fire a few darts at the race....
    I think the Grand National will be the big aim again. Surely if he was going to be a Gold Cup horse it would have happened before now. It would be some story though if his fourth different winning race at the festival was the Gold Cup.

You're probably right FM but they can use the Gold Cup as a stepping stone to Aintree, Mon Mone did it (the year after he won to be fair).
    He probably lacks the class the win the race but there's about 60k for finishing third, 30h for fourth and 15k for fifth.
    I could be way off mark but he'll be 10 come March and this season marks the last realistic opportunity he has for a Gold Cup tilt, I just think that's where they'll aim...

Could happen. I think if the GN is the aim they can take in a 4th festival win (cross country) as prep.

JP has Minella Rocco and Coney island? You're absolutely right though he would fire now more than one dart

Fayonagh.... Supreme 14/1, Mares Novice 6/1, Neptune 16/1? Any Race 4/1?

Most winners of the Punchestown Bumper have run in the Supreme but the Mares Novice wouldnb't have been an option for many?