Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2018 Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For anyone looking at Defi du Seuil for the Arkle/chasing next year, little snippet today from Frank Berry:

Owner JP McManus' racing manager Frank Berry said: "He's finished for the season now.

"He's had a fantastic year, better than anyone could have hoped, and now we'll give him the summer off and a nice break. As for next year, it hasn't been discussed but I'd imagine he'll stay over hurdles. He's been great all year and he's earned a break."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      50s? Coney Island? - Good spot OV.
      Coneygree 50s with PP, 16s with 365 ... stupid price for the GC! Obviously plenty against him even making it, age, ability, soundness, ground dependant... but whats 1 point
      Bearing in mind he's on course to run Wednesday, If he were to win then 50's would be long gone even with all the risks mentioned

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
        You would think Samcro and BBB will be kept apart, and I'm purely spit balling but would anyone be surprised if Gigginstown avoids the AB with its first string? Death Duty and No more heroes both being turned over in the last two years, if they did I would assume Samcro for the supreme and BBB for the Neptune but that also depends on us even seeing BBB again and a lot can change in the next 11 months
        Agree. Samcro showed a real good turn of foot last time out too so the shorter trips may well suit best. Neptune could be ideal if I was to pick a target now but 12's any race looks a good bet when he's 16's for that

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          I am definitely warming to the idea of Our Duke being a huge contender. If Thistlecrack can come back and we don't get half the bad luck we had this year, this could be a mega race. Absolutely mega.
          Every year around this time and the start of the NH season the Gold Cup looks to be an extremely deep race with lots of top class horses. We usually lose a few along the way and it never ends up how we hoped, I don't want to speak too soon but yeah if they were to all line up....wow!! Unbelievable and so many different angles into the race. Fingers crossed...

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
            For anyone looking at Defi du Seuil for the Arkle/chasing next year, little snippet today from Frank Berry:
            I don't think I would fancy DDS for any hurdle race at Cheltenham next year... at this stage. I'd want to see the group of 4YO do well next year before considering backing him for the CH. Certainl;y not a betting prospect at single figures (8/1) for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
              Contact @willhillhelp on Twitter Kev. I deposited £100, they placed the bet and gave me a reference code. Only problem is that the bet doesn't show in list of open bets.

Most other firms offered me either 7/1 or 8/1.
              Thanks - I'll try and get on. I think 8/1 is a fair price... he'll go off shorter in one of the hurdle races regardless.

Comment

• Sutton Place @ 16/1 Stayers
                Coney Island @ 50/1 GC
                Yanworth @ 10/1 JLT
                Cause Of Causes @ 9/1 CC
                Lucky 15, 15 bets

Comment

• Been jogging along , doing a few L.15's.
                  1. - Limini - ch hdle - 20-1
                  2. - Douvan - ch chs - 3-1
                  3. - Lil Rockerfeller - styrs - 25-1
                  4. - Our Duke - g.cup -33-1
                  and a L.31.
                  1. - M. bite - k.george - 5-1
                  2. -B. d'air - ch hdle - 5-1
                  3. -Altior - ch chs -2-1
                  4. - N.cnyn - styrs - 6-1
                  5. M. bite - G.cup - 10-1

Comment

• It might be way too early to predict, but what race do we think Fayonagh runs in next year?

Comment

• The most obvious race would be the Mares Novice but i wouldn't rule out the Supreme or Neptune. She looks very talented!

Comment

• Mares novice would be a waste ... but a winner is winner at the festival and Elliott is a numbers man... Codd also probably want a winner and the mares race most obvious. Having already beaten the boys twice I hope she is campaigned aggressively. 5/1 if it was a confirmed target would be massive but Mullins will clearly have loads to through towards it you'd assume?

Comment

• Too good to be targeting a G2 race, would have to be the Supreme for me...

Comment

• Yeah the Mares novices looks most obvious that would feel such a waste for me

Comment

• I've not backed him but loved the performance of Great Fields yesterday. He's a bit heart in mouth at his fences but when he meets them right he is so quick at them, making ground on the field at every obstacle yesterday.

He's an interesting addition to the two mile chasers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                                I've not backed him but loved the performance of Great Fields yesterday. He's a bit heart in mouth at his fences but when he meets them right he is so quick at them, making ground on the field at every obstacle yesterday.

He's an interesting addition to the two mile chasers.
                                A bit of the UDS about him in his earlier days?

Comment

Working...
                                X