Page 1 of 64 1231151 ... LastLast

Cheltenham 2018 Ante post bets

I start this thread hugely embarrassed to admit that I've already dabbled, but I only start this thread because my 8/1 bet is now 3/1 !

Altior to win the 2017 Arkle and 2018 Champion Chase, 8/1 Skybet special....

I've been itching to start this thread too....glad you took the plunge Ista

Annoyed I missed that price on Altior - very nice.

2 bets, 1 horse for me so far:

Death Duty - RSA Chase - 25/1 & 16/1

Always good to take a little look at this market a day or two before the festival kicks off as a few more of the markets will be available

I have two.

Altior at 6/1 for the Champion Chase and Charli Parcs at 33/1 for the Champion Hurdle.

I backed Death Duty at a whopping 14s..... was too excited before jono went and asked other bookies for bigger prices

Charli Parcs.... who was that with FM .... out of pure denial I want to back it too

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    I have two.

...Charli Parcs at 33/1 for the Champion Hurdle.
    I quite like that but i'm dead against 5 year olds in the race myself. I think the CH market is a prime candidate for a speculative bet before this years festival :

- The current division looks weak (could be proved wrong after but everything suggests such) and no horse makes you think they could dominate for the next few years. Buveur D'air perhaps if he was to win this years well.

- The last 2 winners missed this year and will be 10 year olds next year, if they both even make it to next years festival with Annie a possible to be retired and Faugheen an unknown.

- Again difficult to say with any amount of certainty but the novice hurdlers don't look like a really string group this year from what we have seen. The Neptune is usually the best race for a CH contender to emerge from. Neon Wolf looks the pick right now but he's got chaser written all over him.

So a bonkers selection (especially as I haven't even sided on a horse for this years Supreme yet!!)...

Melon for Champion Hurdle 2018. I see SkyBet have it requested at 25/1. I'd want 33's to consider (or they offer Supreme/CH double at 40's)

Mullins mentioned several times about the CH in his stable tour on Monday for the horse (and obviously also the possibility of fences...)

I suppose when I bought him I thought 'Champion Hurdle horse' but if you look at the size of him now I think he's really grown and matured. He could easily jump fences. Let's see what he does here first.
    I guess you could look at a Yorkhill JLT 2017 and Yorkhill CH 2018 request, but imagine that would be quite short. 8/1 at best maybe?
    You'll have Willie Mullins bingo and a year plus of guessing targets etc but Mullins needs in all likelyhood a new CH contender to take up the mantle so if you can get that right it might be worth a point thrown at it imo.

IF he did go and win the Supreme off 1 maiden hurdle win. You can forget any double figure prices for him, circa 7-8/1 i'd say

Anyway back to this years festival...got enough on my plate working that out!

I requested Altior QM and Death Duty RSA and got 6.25 at 80/1 start of Feb, came back just over a week later and the price was 18's, think it's about 16 now.

Really annoyed i couldn't get more on, seriously fancy it

Only 54 weeks to go
    The early bird catches the best morning prices

Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    I backed Death Duty at a whopping 14s..... was too excited before jono went and asked other bookies for bigger prices

Charli Parcs.... who was that with FM .... out of pure denial I want to back it too
    It was with Paddy Power before the Adonis. You'll probably get 50's now

I have backed Lough Derg Spirit for the 2018 Arkle at 33/1.

I've this sort of bet a lot, always get the first part up and sitting on a great price, then goes down
    Last samurai 60-1 to win grimthorpe and national last year
    2 that got away were pennekamp to win 2000 guineas and derby 200/1 won guineas and went off 6/4 for derby to not finish I don't think
    Entripeneur to do same double at 150/1 and was beat in derby at odds on,

Keep trying. I'll nail one at some point
    But noticed bookies do offer some terrible prices now, as 3/1 now for altior is ridiculous. Should be 3-1 to get there having seen how this season has gone,
    8/1 well worth a punt tho ista