Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2018 Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After listening to the guys on the 'Arkle' thread I will today add Finian's Oscar for that race as part of my book, he will however only be in multiples, but I feel I'd have him covered enough anyway should he defer from the JLT, which I have already backed him in.

It also covers the eventuality that Petit Mouchoir does not run in the Arkle, although personally I still believe he will, and indeed go close if he does.

Will put up the exact bets once placed.

Comment

• I must admit too, since seeing the snippet of FO for Arkle at the price I am thinking of a few small bets. Never really considered for the race as in my head always thought JLT. God it's good to have proper racing back!

Comment

• Yeah, PM will still be my main bet, he's my gut instinct for the race, but the arguments for FO are valid and they needed some level of cover.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
          Yeah, PM will still be my main bet, he's my gut instinct for the race, but the arguments for FO are valid and they needed some level of cover.
          I think PM will be a lot of people's choice for this race, as done very well last season, is a decent price (around 14s) and is targeted for this race

Comment

• Finally bit the bullet and had my first antepost bet! I am not one for having many, tend to centre it around each way singles on a handful of horses.

Had a small each way 0.5pts on Diego Du Charmil in the Arkle.

Likely to write up a bit in the Arkle thread as to my reasoning (as if there's much!)

Comment

• Decided this morning to have a cheeky 2pt win double on Faugheen and Douvan (36/1).

Go back 2 years, this would have been about 3/1. Douvan has one 'off' run, and is now seen as a 3/1 shot for the race he was 1/5 for 6 months ago (granted he has the beast Altior to deal with this year, but i've covered that including Altior in several multiples already).

I'm willing to take the chance they'll both come back fighting fit and give me a run for my money!

Comment

After listening to the guys on the 'Arkle' thread I will today add Finian's Oscar for that race as part of my book, he will however only be in multiples, but I feel I'd have him covered enough anyway should he defer from the JLT, which I have already backed him in.

It also covers the eventuality that Petit Mouchoir does not run in the Arkle, although personally I still believe he will, and indeed go close if he does.

Will put up the exact bets once placed.
                So, done a couple today, plus will add some tomorrow I'd imagine too.

First one, the life changer, Finian's Oscar (Arkle), Buveur D'air, Apple's Jade, Samcro, Nichols Canyon & Fayonagh in a 0.5pts e/way Heinz.

Second one, Annamix, Finian's Oscar (Arkle), Faugheen & Limini in a 1pt e/way Yankee.

Definitely doing cross trebles tomorrow from the main 2 fancies in each of the Arkle, Champion Hurdle & Mares' as well.

Comment

• Backed if the cap fits 25/1 neptune.
                  Was considering backing him last week at 33s.
                  Won his bumper easily before running a nice race at Aintree behind lalor.
                  Made a nice debut today 2m4 is his trip and I think it's a very fair price
                  https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                  Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

So, done a couple today, plus will add some tomorrow I'd imagine too.

First one, the life changer, Finian's Oscar (Arkle), Buveur D'air, Apple's Jade, Samcro, Nichols Canyon & Fayonagh in a 0.5pts e/way Heinz.

Second one, Annamix, Finian's Oscar (Arkle), Faugheen & Limini in a 1pt e/way Yankee.

Definitely doing cross trebles tomorrow from the main 2 fancies in each of the Arkle, Champion Hurdle & Mares' as well.
                    Like those. Was it you that posted a few days back about doing crossed multiples. Apologies if not to whoever it was, I had a question about how successful you've/they found it (the mares race being the one I was interested in covering) as at the moment I have only backed AJ in any form (multiples)

Comment

• First ante post bet for next year's festival just placed 1 point yankee
                      Finians Oscar - Arkle
                      Samcro - Neptune
                      Nicholls Canyon - Stayers
                      Cause Of Causes - Cross Country

Comment

• Originally posted by taylorch1990 View Post
                        First ante post bet for next year's festival just placed 1 point yankee
                        Finians Oscar - Arkle
                        Samcro - Neptune
                        Nicholls Canyon - Stayers
                        Cause Of Causes - Cross Country
                        You might as well stop there... you won't top that

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          Like those. Was it you that posted a few days back about doing crossed multiples. Apologies if not to whoever it was, I had a question about how successful you've/they found it (the mares race being the one I was interested in covering) as at the moment I have only backed AJ in any form (multiples)
                          It certainly was Kev, been looking at cross doubles and trebles for races where there are 2 main runners, in most cases likely runners, although Faugheen is the exception to the rule given his unpredictable connections.

I honestly have never done it before, first time I've actually though about targeting 2 or more horses in one race for multi's, but I'm sure happy to give it a go, given the quality of the animals involved.

If they all turn up it's happy days, if not I won't regret the risk and giving it a go.

Comment

• Has anyone got or seen the RP jumps book? Snippets from Willie on melon staying over hurdles, Bacardys and Battleford going chasing, let's dance, Limini and Augusta Kate targeting mares race. Also Getabird could be supreme horse.

Apologies if someone has already put this up on here as sure I have read it somewhere before

Comment

• [QUOTE=Geordieboy83;43282]Has anyone got or seen the RP jumps book? Snippets from Willie on melon staying over hurdles, Bacardys and Battleford going chasing, let's dance, Limini and Augusta Kate targeting mares race. Also Getabird could be supreme horse.

Apologies if someone has already put this up on here as sure I have read it somewhere before[/QUOTE

]thanks for that. Surprising after his bumper runs that batftleford has ended up looking slow. Very early but 4 miler may beckon.
                              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Got to say all you guys having antepost dabbles on the Mullins horses in anything but the 'Win Any Race' market are playing with fire. Good luck to you

Comment

Working...
                                X