Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2018 Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only races I don't have a bet in so far are:

Close Brothers
    RSA (did have Fountains Windfall)
    County Hurdle
    Foxhunters
    Martin Pipe
    Grand Annual

The cupboard is slightly bare for the Friday.....

Comment

• The 3/1 Nicholls in the Foxhunter gives you Wonderful Charm, Pacha Du Polder and Virak. Bargain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
        The only races I don't have a bet in so far are:

Close Brothers
        County Hurdle
        Foxhunters
        Martin Pipe
        Grand Annual

The Bumper , the festival plate and the grand annual for me , but , i've done very poorly with the H'caps , so just a couple
        of tentative selections , low stakes for the one's i have bet in , way too many in the Ch. hurdle , but mostly B.D .

Comment

The only races I don't have a bet in so far are:

Close Brothers
          County Hurdle
          Foxhunters
          Martin Pipe
          Grand Annual

Suprised you haven’t had a bet in the foxhunters yet when we already know Burning Ambition wins it easily.

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
            Suprised you haven’t had a bet in the foxhunters yet when we already know Burning Ambition wins it easily.
            I was tempted MoM given your enthusiasm for Burning Ambition, but I missed the prices.

I can see Scooby's angle with Morning Assembly - if he has retained his ability he shouldn't be anywhere near 20/1. I can remember him running a blinder in the RSA a few years ago.

Comment

I was tempted MoM given your enthusiasm for Burning Ambition, but I missed the prices.

I can see Scooby's angle with Morning Assembly - if he has retained his ability he shouldn't be anywhere near 20/1. I can remember him running a blinder in the RSA a few years ago.
              I’m not one for savers but BA is my biggest single of the festival plus is my last of some cracking antepost multiples and I think the two dangers are Wonderful Charm and Morninf assembly. The former is too short for a saver though but morning assembly might be worth a small bet at 20s to cover myself.

Comment

• With 4 weeks to go is it time we got the daily yankee threads going and deciding who chooses?

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                  With 4 weeks to go is it time we got the daily yankee threads going and deciding who chooses?

Wasn’t here last year but that sounds a good idea.

I’ve a few Daily Yankees of my own for Cheltenham. Yankees and Canadians are definitely profitable for Cheltenham for me usually.

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                    Wasn’t here last year but that sounds a good idea.

I’ve a few Daily Yankees of my own for Cheltenham. Yankees and Canadians are definitely profitable for Cheltenham for me usually.
                    Last year we chose someone for each day and everyone made cases for horses and the person got the final picks. Then we a had a yankee where somebody picked one from each of the daily accas.

Dont ask me how the Friday yankee went though

Comment

Last year we chose someone for each day and everyone made cases for horses and the person got the final picks. Then we a had a yankee where somebody picked one from each of the daily accas.

I really like the sound of that. A cracking idea imo

Comment

Haha and the day I done

It was good fun though and certainly something I am going to follow this year too, albeit won't be putting myself forward for selecting the yankee this time around!

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                          Haha and the day I done

It was good fun though and certainly something I am going to follow this year too, albeit won't be putting myself forward for selecting the yankee this time around!
                          Me neither CoD. Im gonna leave that to the experts

Comment

• We used to have a festival yankee too, made up of a nap from each daily yankee, can't remember if we did that last year, we also had the ap one last year, some good prices on that

Comment

• Up for review RSA 560.0
                              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• I've not had as much chance to check up here as I usually do, have we got a selection of mayo lifechangers, if so could anyone point me to the page/pages please. I like to copy them coz they pay fortunes for peanuts, if they ever came up that is

Comment

Working...
                                X