Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2018 Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    I think we expected it [Yanworth], but glad to have that confirmed. I think he'll be a big player in the (extremely exciting novice chasing division) I just hope he takes to it - his hurdling technique wasn't very slick so I'll be watching dfebut with a keen interest.

I haven't lost faith after the Champion Hurdle albeit that was disappointing and his Festival record therefore isn't as strong as it could be but he did well in his final face over 3m at Aintree.

He is 7/1 with WH in the any race market. Not enough to tempt me in and in fairness he's fav in the JLT and RSA so not missed at all. Certainly too short in my opinion - even with the safety net he might not do well over a fence and come in to the Stayers reckoning.

Yanworth for the RSA surely makes the most sense though... has improved for the step up...
    Personally i'd be keener on his chances next season if he stayed over hurdles. I'd be slightly wary with him having been kept over hurdles for an extra year.

A little surprised he's fav for the JLT and RSA as well, just for the fact he's now been beaten at the last 2 festivals when a heavily fancied favourite both times - I thought that may have counted against him in his place in the market

Comment

• News today that both Don Poli and Champagne Classic out for the season

Massive fan of Don Poli and Champagne Classic looked for me a cracking contender for the National Hunt Chase next year so a big shame

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
        News today that both Don Poli and Champagne Classic out for the season

Massive fan of Don Poli and Champagne Classic looked for me a cracking contender for the National Hunt Chase next year so a big shame
        Haven't seen this, got a link?

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Work underway on the <a href="https://twitter.com/rfoutlook">@rfoutlook</a> Jumps Guide and Gordon Elliott has told us 2016 Gold Cup third Don Poli is out for the season</p>&mdash; RFO Official (@rfoutlook) <a href="https://twitter.com/rfoutlook/status/896047311893053440">August 11, 2017</a></blockquote>
          <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Elliott revealed Grade 1 winner Champagne Classic is also injured and won&#39;t run this season, along with the promising Baltazar D&#39;Allier</p>&mdash; RFO Official (@rfoutlook) <a href="https://twitter.com/rfoutlook/status/896047812424548352">August 11, 2017</a></blockquote>
          <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• Cheers Jono

Comment

• Willie Mullins' big guns are back in work as the champion trainer targets a comeback race for the superstar Faugheen, while Gordon Elliott says the enigmatic Labaik will run again.

Faugheen Possibly being back, Yorkhill, Min, Melon all possibly going hurdling.

What do you guys make of this interview? Would of thought the obvious move would be to bring back Yorkhill over hurdles, Keep Min chasing as he looks made for it and maybe send Melon Novice Chasing?

Comment

• Thanks Samcro, interesting it says Penhill will be doing staying route, I'm sure his owner gave interview other day and said he was injured and out for a good six months?

Comment

• How exciting!!!!

Very difficult to take any of that article (thanks SAMCRO) at face value and in fairness he doesn't say anything for definite, I am a little tempted in Melon, available at 25/1 for the Champion Hurdle.
                  "Melon has come back very strong, is in good form and, while he could go the novice chase route, we'd probably be angling towards a hurdling campaign. He was very inexperienced going to Cheltenham last year."
                  he could go from being the current 5th in Mullins ranks according to the prices (Behind Faugheen, Yorkhill, Min, Limini) he could be a lot shorter. Faugheen can't be relied on... Min and Yorkhill have been over fences and Limini will always have the softer option of the Mares race...

I know some aren't too fussed about a bit of Mullins bingo this far out, but it is better than watching horses on the sand at Winsdor

Comment

• I think that Melon will go chasing. The second string for the Supreme might be a dark horse for the CH.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                      I think that Melon will go chasing. The second string for the Supreme might be a dark horse for the CH.
                      Bunk Off Early?

Comment

• Originally posted by Leman14 View Post
                        Does anyone have any news in relation to the well-being of Killultagh Vic?
                        I placed a (very) early AP bet on him last year for the Gold Cup (20's) before injury ruled him out for the season and SB have him priced up at 50's for the Gold Cup

His injury record worries me BUT a horse that has (/had) potential and one that I like...
                        More updates from Mullins in the Irish Independent tomorrow, including updates on Min and Killultagh Vic .
                        I'm led to believe KV has changed trainers though?

Comment

• Originally posted by SAMCRO View Post
                          Faugheen Possibly being back, Yorkhill, Min, Melon all possibly going hurdling.
                          You teased me with that one there Samcro Min going back over hurdles and having a crack at the CH would definitely get my interest. Let's see what WPM says about him in tomorrows update.

Have to take any mention of Faugheen with a pinch of salt. Pretty much the exact same interview/quotes could be lifted from last year so for now he's best to ignore from all markets. Even if he gets back on the track his ability needs to still be there.

The least said about my thoughts on Yorkhill going back over hurdles the better. I've made my thoughts well known already

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            I am a little tempted in Melon, available at 25/1 for the Champion Hurdle.
                            I was hovering over this price for Melon during the Champion Novice Hurdle at Punchestown. If he had won I would have certainly have had a little EW at the prices on him having ran so well in the Supreme on only his second start. I was a little underwhelmed with the Punchestown performance - he didn't strike me as a CH contender based on that running but perhaps I'm being a little harsh?

The rest of the field all had at least 2 more races under their belts compared to Melon and the front 3 pulled well clear of the rest. I wonder if Ruby and Davy got caught in a bit of a battle with Melon and Pingshou (i also quite like Pingshou for novice chasing this season so I can't dismiss Melon finishing ahead of him)

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
                              i also quite like Pingshou for novice chasing this season so I can't dismiss Melon finishing ahead of him
                              Paddy power are 20/1 Pingshoui to win any race Jono if that interests you. They are also 14/1 samcro, which is the best on offer.

Comment

• Typical Mullins just keeping all his options open but i would be surprised if Melon didn't go novice chasing. Also surprised if min went back over hurdles as he looks a natural over fences. Yorkhill looks the obvious one to switch back to hurdles .

I read the same interview regarding Penhills Injury, Also Killultagh Vic has gone back to his previous trainer, should be some info in the irish independent today regarding that apparently.

Comment

Working...
                                X