Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

FJ Day Three Festival Yankee - manager Mytentoryours1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FJ Day Three Festival Yankee - manager Mytentoryours1

Get discussing.....

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
    Get discussing.....
    Cheers Ista. Yes get your views on here.

Comment

Bouvreil - Brown Advisory - had some near misses at the festival in the past, but destined to win a handicap and from what I can see only entered in this race.

Comment

Originally posted by Mon Brav View Post
        Bouvreil - Brown Advisory - had some near misses at the festival in the past, but destined to win a handicap and from what I can see only entered in this race.
        I've backed him... NRNB of course... but only 1 win in 12 isn't a great strike rate for the odds we'll be getting?

Comment

Day 3 the hardest of all to pick. (well in my experience anyway)

Comment

EDIT - Wrong thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnymac05 View Post
              Day 3 the hardest of all to pick. (well in my experience anyway)
              Vautour, Thistlecrack, Limini pass you by last year? Followed by Cause of Causes... One of the best days of my life .... was St Patricks Day last year too... and Liverpool beat Man Utd! (I was in Liverpool for the day or that wouldn't have gotten a mention)

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                Vautour, Thistlecrack, Limini pass you by last year? Followed by Cause of Causes... One of the best days of my life .... was St Patricks Day last year too... and Liverpool beat Man Utd! (I was in Liverpool for the day or that wouldn't have gotten a mention)
                had Vautour & Limini but nothing else, i've always found Day 3 difficult, hoping that changes this year. Liverpool what a place for drinking i love it.

Comment

As discussed on the race thread. If Airlie Beach turns up in the Mares Novices, she doesn't lose!

Comment

Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                    As discussed on the race thread. If Airlie Beach turns up in the Mares Novices, she doesn't lose!
                    agreed and considering she is being touted as one of the good things of week shes at a nice price. none of this 1/3 business

have her in a dbl with death duty

Comment

UNWIMH & Airlie Beach are, IMO, the 2 strongest bets for that Thursday currently, obviously Yorkhill may have a say in that, assuming he makes it to the JLT.

Of the other races, I've not hidden my confidence for Golden Doyen in the Pertemps, but the race will likely be wide open as it is every year, and I'm sure many will have differing views for that race, Presenting Percy and For Good Measure being 2 other solid chances in that same race.

Comment

This could be a day of short priced favs - Yorkhill, UNWIMH and Airlie Beach .... UDS?

All likely to be very short? Likely winners but not great value?

Empire Of Dirt in the Ryanair is an each way price with a good shot at winning?
                        La Bague Au Roi is a game little horse and whichever horse Ruby sits on will almost certainly be close to evens?
                        Yorkhill is surely one to take on based on his jumping and idling, with Top Notch a solid contender at an each way price?
                        I do think UNWIMH is solid, but I'd still think Jezki has enough class to win this race and bounce back from his 2m run this weekend

Just worth considering that some people don't particularly like backing short priced favs, even in a yankee?

Comment

Is Empire of Dirt definitely Ryanair bound Kev ?

As for yankee favs, I think that's the case when the jollies are very short but there's only Yorkhill, Harry and Airlie Beach and they're between 13/8 and 9/4.
                          I have plenty of 2/1 and 9/4 shots in e/w yankees, and there are still 4 other very competitive races....

Comment

If you are looking to go the each way value route surely Sub Lieutenant worth a go. 2 wins early in the season over 2m 3f on decent(ish) ground and it's beaten form since is amongst the best in this race. Plenty of experience over fences and Mr Ryanair himself confirmed it for this race over the weekend. 10/1 NRNB or 14/1 Antepost should have a great chance considering the doubts over the favourite if the ground has good in it's description.

Comment

Another to throw into the mix must be Shaneshill. Comes good at this time of the year (3 2nds at the Greatest show on turf) and for me is the likely one to chase Harry home if he is on song. If Harry is below form I believe this is the one to pick up the pieces. 9/1 ish NRNB

Comment

Working...
                              X