Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

FJ Day Two Festival Yankee - manager Comply or Die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GLV was the last leg of a yankee for me, first 3 copped, would've paid a fortune.
    Followed him at Aintree but lost the ability to jump, some decent hurdle runs then he got it together over fences at Sandown last time so may be a runner.
    Interesting that Hobbs has said his only serious chance of a winner is Defi de Sueil....

Comment

Would like to finalise a Neptune selection soon as a starting point, I do think Cantlow will is likely to be part of the Yankee as many have put him up in comparison to other horses.

Rest of the races are open for debate still, though will probably not be including one on the QMCC.

Comment

Neon Wolf wins the Neptune by as far as he wants.

I'd smash in to Let's Dance each way now too if she turned up.

Everything else is meh.

Comment

I think the price will be gone by the weekend but (just posted in the CC thread) Gods Own without Douvan 100/30 (Sky) e/w looks a belting play to me...

Comment

Any of these would do me:

Peregrine Run - Coral
            God's Own w/o Douvan - CC
            Western Ryder - Bumper

Neon Wolf / Lets Dance in the Neptune too but I reckon we'd need to be holding out very close to the festival to be sure of either running

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
              Any of these would do me:

Peregrine Run - Coral
              God's Own w/o Douvan - CC
              Western Ryder - Bumper

Neon Wolf / Lets Dance in the Neptune too but I reckon we'd need to be holding out very close to the festival to be sure of either running
              I'm with you on all 3 and Cantlow as the other pick

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                I think the price will be gone by the weekend but (just posted in the CC thread) Gods Own without Douvan 100/30 (Sky) e/w looks a belting play to me...

Comment

Well I think Cantlow is now a definite. Of the other 3 I had considered God's Own in the w/out market, currently is great value, but I'm just wondering what price he will be when Altior, UDS & Sire De Grugy are pulled from the market? Unless we get these Yankees on before that happens (could get pulled out at the 6 day stage)?

Are 6 day declarations on this Friday for the Wednesday of the festival?

Peregrine Run is high on my list for the Coral Cup, but I think I will leave forum horse Western Ryder alone for this yankee.

Comment

Final selections are your call CorD so if you think the value exists now and will disappear by the weekend then make the call earlier, it doesn't have to wait until the weekend.
                    Obviously this increases the risk if NRs where horses have multiple entries but you will need to consider this...

Comment

In which case, before the prices do disappear I am going to be the first to play my hand. There haven't been many other forthcoming opinions so I have based all around the previous comments, many I like myself which makes the selections all the easier. I have had a look at the weather forecast on quite a few different sites and provided there is no drastic change it looks as though Good/Soft ground will be on the cards, more so Good than anything else, so I have based all selections for the Yankee with the current weather forecast noted too and under the assumption we get Good/Soft on the day.

Being NRNB also helps, and although I'd prefer to have 4 definite live selections on the day I do think at least 3 of the horses will shorten come the day so I am happy to play that risk.

So, the FJ Day Two Festival Yankee consists of:

Neptune Novices Hurdle - Neon Wolf 2/1

Coral Cup - Peregrine Run 12/1

QM Champion Chase - God's Own (Without Douvan Market) 10/3

Cross Country - Cantlow 9/4

The best prices (collectively) I could find for the overall bet were either with Betfair or SkyBet (not much difference).

1pt e/way Yankee would return 1,313.63pts if they all win and 68.88pts should they all place based on the SkyBet prices.

Comment

Well done CoD, here's to a full house

Comment

I'll drink to that

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                            In which case, before the prices do disappear I am going to be the first to play my hand. There haven't been many other forthcoming opinions so I have based all around the previous comments, many I like myself which makes the selections all the easier. I have had a look at the weather forecast on quite a few different sites and provided there is no drastic change it looks as though Good/Soft ground will be on the cards, more so Good than anything else, so I have based all selections for the Yankee with the current weather forecast noted too and under the assumption we get Good/Soft on the day.

Being NRNB also helps, and although I'd prefer to have 4 definite live selections on the day I do think at least 3 of the horses will shorten come the day so I am happy to play that risk.

So, the FJ Day Two Festival Yankee consists of:

Neptune Novices Hurdle - Neon Wolf 2/1

Coral Cup - Peregrine Run 12/1

QM Champion Chase - God's Own (Without Douvan Market) 10/3

Cross Country - Cantlow 9/4

The best prices (collectively) I could find for the overall bet were either with Betfair or SkyBet (not much difference).

1pt e/way Yankee would return 1,313.63pts if they all win and 68.88pts should they all place based on the SkyBet prices.
                            Nice, all done !

Comment

First post guys - Just joined

Good luck with the yankee

I'm not getting the returns though?

Comment

Originally posted by Killie Sunt View Post
                                First post guys - Just joined

Good luck with the yankee

I'm not getting the returns though?
                                What do you mean? Are you using SkyBet?

Comment