Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

FJ Day One Festival Yankee - Manager Leman14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FJ Day One Festival Yankee - Manager Leman14

Get discussing....

Thanks Ista no pressure !?!?

So... 4 choices from the following

Supreme Novices
    Arkle
    Ultima Handicap Chase
    Champion Hurdle
    Mares Hurdle
    4-Miler
    Close Brothers Novice Chase

Given that we are doing Win Yankees, I will avoid The Arkle (due to Altiors dominance), so suggestions for the other 6 are welcome

Comment

Got the without Altior market that we could look at.

Also, been through and looked at all last years and general concensus seemed to be each way... I am happy with either.

Comment

Good luck Leman - I'll get my thinking cap on.

Comment

I'm very ken on Mall Dini in the 3m chase if he gets confirmed for this.....

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
            So am i.

Comment

Certainly one already on the short-list
              Course/festival form, Davy R is the saddle and aimed at this all season. (Or so it would seem)

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                Got the without Altior market that we could look at.

Also, been through and looked at all last years and general concensus seemed to be each way... I am happy with either.
                Good point Kev...
                Just had a quick look myself and EW value is the way forward.

Comment

Hey guys, been following for a while but first comment. I have done a lot of ante post bets but have left out a lot of the handicaps. On something like Mall Dini would you be betting now at 12s or with WH insurance at 10s or do you think price would relatively hold when declared?

Comment

Day One used to be a terrible yankee day as the Mullins domination led to a number of Tuesday shorties, not the case this year thankfully.

Horseflyuk - I know a very good judge who says the worst time to bet is when the NRNB kicks in, all the prices shorten too much.
                    I remember Minella Rocco was 5/1 fav for the 4 miler last year a week before the race, was available at 10/1 on the day before an SP of 8/1.
                    If Mall Dini gets confirmed for the 3m handicap I suspect he'll be trimmed to around 7/1 which I expect will hold right to the off and prices on the day may well be a little bigger, so no I don't see him being double figures but the bookie reaction to his confirmed target will probably be too aggressive...

Comment

Thanks Istabraq, appreciate the response

Comment

Day One used to be a terrible yankee day as the Mullins domination led to a number of Tuesday shorties, not the case this year thankfully.

Horseflyuk - I know a very good judge who says the worst time to bet is when the NRNB kicks in, all the prices shorten too much.
                        I remember Minella Rocco was 5/1 fav for the 4 miler last year a week before the race, was available at 10/1 on the day before an SP of 8/1.
                        If Mall Dini gets confirmed for the 3m handicap I suspect he'll be trimmed to around 7/1 which I expect will hold right to the off and prices on the day may well be a little bigger, so no I don't see him being double figures but the bookie reaction to his confirmed target will probably be too aggressive...
                        Agree with the point re nrnb.

I'll throw Bunk Off Early into the mix for the Supreme.

Comment

Anyone else fancy Genieinabottle for the 4 miler?

Comment

A lot of confidence growing over this horse Ryan, I think it could give us a great start.

Comment

I'd be against Genieinabottle on age along, May 26th foal will be 10 weeks shy of his 6th birthday on raceday and for an Irish bred I don't see him winning, French bred (where they jump hurdles at 2 and fences at 3) then yes every chance, but stamina everything here and I'll be focussing on the older horses...

Comment

Working...
                              X