Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

How you approach the festival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
    That's a decent festival...

Quick look back over Davy Russels handicap runs between 2013 - 2015 following on from his impressive 2016 record....

2015 +15pt
    Rivage D'or 16/1 cross country - 1st +16pt
    Rich coast 25/1 county - 18th -1pt

2014 +14pt
    Vintage star 16/1 ultima - 21st -1pt
    Party rock 28/1 coral - 27th -1pt
    Savello 16/1 grand annual - 1st - +16pt

2013 -3pt
    Carlito brigante 8/1 novice chase - 18th -1pt
    Un beau Marin 16/1 coral cup - 26th -1pt
    Stonemaster 14/1 pertemps - 8th -1pt

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post

Quick look back over Davy Russels handicap runs between 2013 - 2015 following on from his impressive 2016 record....

2015 +15pt
      Doesn't count, the winner was carried out by some lunatic Frenchman....

Comment

Don't remind me!!

Comment

I spray money everywhere, and hope to get some back

I don't mind tying the money up for long periods, as I only bet in small amounts, and if I can get a few live bets to the festival I have a decent chance of making profits.

Last year I got very, very, very lucky, as I've no idea how Ivanovich Gorbatov won that Triumph, and I had that in a double with the Broncos, along with some other stuff, too.

I chuck my freebets at multiples, and anything I think may be targeting races before they've shortened.

I read the Howard book, and Jumping Prospects, hoping to get a bit of an insight. From there it's just watching races, and hovering over Oddschecker as horses are running, too.

It's a cheap(ish) hobby for me, and one I get huge amounts of entertainment from, relative to the cost, in comparison to going out drinking 3/4 nights a week

Comment

I mainly bet A.P for the festival, and yes , like a moth to the flame , all 28 races.!!., though I have eased up on the handicaps
            this year, definitely my Achilles heel for fez betting .What can be better than watching a horse fly up that hill and win at 4-1 when you
            know youv'e backed it at 16's !!. Dulls the pain of the A.P. non runners and raceswitchers !. Most of my A.P bets are L.15's/ L31's , smaller stakes . and during the raceweek a fiver a race ,when i'm at the course, Tues, Wed for the last 4 years.
            Dont particularly follow trends and stats, but read them to back up my choices .(hopefully ). sometimes have a L.15 etc on a Jockey or Trainer each day. Thurs /fri usually watch in a bookies .

Comment

Part 2. = I have managed to make a modest profit for the last 4 years , But no Lifechangers !, Maybe this year !!???.
              As mentioned , definitely struggle in the handicaps , so only had a few bets on those compared to last year ., Overall
              i think i've done ok on the main races, so maybe should concentrate on those .,

Comment

Originally posted by TimRiggins View Post
                I spray money everywhere, and hope to get some back

I don't mind tying the money up for long periods, as I only bet in small amounts, and if I can get a few live bets to the festival I have a decent chance of making profits.

Last year I got very, very, very lucky, as I've no idea how Ivanovich Gorbatov won that Triumph, and I had that in a double with the Broncos, along with some other stuff, too.

I chuck my freebets at multiples, and anything I think may be targeting races before they've shortened.

I read the Howard book, and Jumping Prospects, hoping to get a bit of an insight. From there it's just watching races, and hovering over Oddschecker as horses are running, too.

It's a cheap(ish) hobby for me, and one I get huge amounts of entertainment from, relative to the cost, in comparison to going out drinking 3/4 nights a week
                Im the same here!

Comment

I'm a little boring in my approach. I have a small AP portfolio of around 4-6 bets, then bet on the day for the other races. I tend to ignore some races, such as, cross country, fox hunters, Grand Annual for example.

I generally bet in around 4/5 races on the day, sometimes a couple of horses in big fields. Generally, quite a boring approach but last two festivals have been succesful so hoping for more of the same this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoowraa View Post
                    I'm a little boring in my approach. I have a small AP portfolio of around 4-6 bets, then bet on the day for the other races. I tend to ignore some races, such as, cross country, fox hunters, Grand Annual for example.

I generally bet in around 4/5 races on the day, sometimes a couple of horses in big fields. Generally, quite a boring approach but last two festivals have been succesful so hoping for more of the same this year.
                    Is that similar to how you approach the rest of the season/Saturdays/flat festivals etc?

Boring depends on how you get your enjoyment. Don't need to defend your approach if it is working and more importantly if it is making you happy

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post

2015 +15pt
                      Rich coast 25/1 county - 18th -1pt

2014 +14pt
                      Vintage star 16/1 ultima - 21st -1pt
                      Party rock 28/1 coral - 27th -1pt
                      Savello 16/1 grand annual - 1st - +16pt

2013 -3pt
                      Carlito brigante 8/1 novice chase - 18th -1pt
                      Un beau Marin 16/1 coral cup - 26th -1pt
                      Stonemaster 14/1 pertemps - 8th -1pt
                      Good stats ... I will defo be having a Lucky Davy 15 ... weekend before, we should know the runners? Mall Dini and Presenting Percy straight off the bat.... I'll leave you in charge boss.

Comment

Davy sits on the preview evening panel I go to, he's very entertaining but doesn't talk up his mounts chances, was very dismissive of Mal Dini last year and didn't even give Diamond King a mention....

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                          Davy sits on the preview evening panel I go to, he's very entertaining but doesn't talk up his mounts chances, was very dismissive of Mal Dini last year and didn't even give Diamond King a mention....
                          Man knows what he is doing... don't keep getting the rides if you've lost ya chance before ya sit on it.

Comment

Davy sits on the preview evening panel I go to, he's very entertaining but doesn't talk up his mounts chances, was very dismissive of Mal Dini last year and didn't even give Diamond King a mention.... That means he quite like his chances when he doesn't mention them. Idea this year if I see on some preview shows that the pundits tip some horses I'm going ignore some of them .

Comment

Originally posted by Liam301287 View Post
                              Davy sits on the preview evening panel I go to, he's very entertaining but doesn't talk up his mounts chances, was very dismissive of Mal Dini last year and didn't even give Diamond King a mention.... That means he quite like his chances when he doesn't mention them. Idea this year if I see on some preview shows that the pundits tip some horses I'm going ignore some of them .
                              Nothing has changed there then

Comment

I am thinking of opposing the Tizzard horses. they were all flying early season and very hard to keep them going.

Comment

Working...
                                X