Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Foxhunters Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His Cheltenham record is superb and he'd be my first pick to be in the saddle, regardless if Nina was cheggers or not.

Comment

Codd doesn't actually have an impressive strike rate in this race:

2016 - Aupcharlie - 9/1 - 6th
      2015 - Vital Plot - 25/1 - 14th
      2014 - no ride
      2013 - Backstage - 12/1 - 18th
      2012 - no ride

BUT his record around the course like Faugheen said is superb in the 4 miler, Kim Muir and Cross Country.

Although it's another amateur race at the festival - the key difference with this one is that the horses haven't had professional jockeys onboard all season so the majority of the trainers will keep that partnership intact and not look for a top jockey like in the other races.

He'd be my first choice for this for sure, particularly having rode the horse twice last season in Nina's absence.

Comment

Seems a stupid thing for the trainers to do in my opinion. I backed Aupcharlie to win the Gold Cup one season ante-post! Didn't turn up and I am surprised I avoided him last year in this with Codd on... Backed OTF to win and Paint The Clouds each way, probably because of SWC!

Comment

He rode Cause of Causes when he won the 4 miler and has won the Kim Muir with Character Building, Junior and CoC ( I may have missed others).

Comment

Codd has won 4 of the last 8 Kim Muir renewals.
            Junior was a bottom weight plunge and The Package hacked up by 10l or so.
            He's as good as there is from the amateur sphere

Slightly off topic but the other bet I like to have every festival is the race with the biggest winning distance, amateur riders races are good for this and the Kim Muir is usually priced around 10/1...

Comment

It nearly always pays to back the top jockeys in amateur races
              Jamie Codd,Derek O Connor and Nina Carberry are worth up to a stone in weight in these races

Comment

Non claiming amateurs is all you need to know....

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
                  BUT his record around the course like Faugheen said is superb in the 4 miler, Kim Muir and Cross Country.
                  I feel a Codd Yankee coming on...

Probably one for the week of the Fez (when horses are jocked up), but what are we thinking?

4 miler - ??
                  Kim Muir - ??
                  Cross Country - Bless The Wings
                  Foxhunters - On The Fringe
                  Last edited by Leman14; 20 January 2017, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leman14 View Post

Probably one for the week of the Fez (when horses are jocked up), but what are we thinking?

4 miler - ??
                    Kim Muir - ??
                    Cross Country - Bless The Wings
                    Foxhunters - On The Fringe
                    Have to see if JP has a horse plotted up for the Kim Muir that looks fishy?

Sorry I couldn't help it.

Comment

If JP has no horse for the Kim Muir then Codd could ride the Ante Post fav Doctor Harper
                      He won this race for the same Trainer/Owner two years ago. ( the package )

Comment

Also in the Codd fan club. Character Building one of the great festival rides.

Comment

Originally posted by Leman14 View Post
                          Love it

Comment

On The Fringe is going to be the last leg of SO many yankee's isn't he

Comment

Does anyone know when On The Fringe is due to run? Would need a prep run before the fez...

Comment

The leopardstown fixture is next weekend I think. That's his usual prep

Comment

Working...
                                X