Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Mug Bets and Smug Bets...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kev - which multiple bet are you most looking forward to at the moment? Is it the 83/1 treble, or do you have others that look equally as good at this stage?

Comment

Personally I view my antepost bets to the extent that the money I have used on antepost is gone and if they all lose im not completely heartbroken. I've not missed the money ive used so if it they lose oh well and if they win then great. Being a student I don't drink or smoke to the extent a lot of others do so the money most people use for that I use instead for having a bet whether its week by week or antepost. It's my leisure activity looking through the racing and trying to seek value for the festival. The prices I have are nowhere near the quality some of you guys have but still looking at the 6/1 I have on DDS and 4/1 for OTF, i'm happy to be in that position. I've only been betting on the Fest for 3 years now and still hold the opinion that if I break even then im happy.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
        Personally I view my antepost bets to the extent that the money I have used on antepost is gone and if they all lose im not completely heartbroken. I've not missed the money ive used so if it they lose oh well and if they win then great.
        Spot on ryan, AP bets are just bonuses (if they run)

Comment

I have staked more than ever on ante post this year and really need Altior to win on Tuesday.

90% of my betting bank is on ante post bets or the tied up in the exchanges, having traded my position. If I have a bad day on Tuesday it could be a long road back.......

As for my bets, they best at the moment are:

Melon 14/1
          Altior 5/1 (my biggest ever bet)
          OTF 6/1
          Death Duty 12/1
          Diamond King 16/1
          Peregrine Run 33/1
          Champers on Ice 33/1 & 25/1 (4 miler)
          Mega Fortune 25/1 & 20/1
          Western Ryder 25/1

My worst bet (possibly of all time) has to be Old Guard for the Arkle

I won't have time to write out all my bets but we'll have to set up a thread afterwards to analyse how well we did (or didn't) do.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
            90% of my betting bank is on ante post bets
            Interesting FM, I've got more tied up this year (Ante Post) than ever, not in around 30 years of punting have I come close to the volume or bets or money invested already.
            That said, I started taking advantage of the Sky money back offers and have about £500 re-invested from free bets, and where I'd watch a game of football and have a few quid on over 2.5 or under corners I started watching the games and having yet another AP interest with the stake I was happy throwing away on a footy match I couldn't care about.
            I know exactly what I've got invested but it doesn't feel like I've spent that sum already, and I'll have plenty more come next week, though 25+ yankees is ridiculous !
            I'll certainly be using free bets next year on ante post...

Comment

Its been a particularly bad year for injuries but I will wait for NRNB next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                Kev - which multiple bet are you most looking forward to at the moment? Is it the 83/1 treble, or do you have others that look equally as good at this stage?
                I suppose that is right up there, I have a couple similar (Altior / Yorkhill at 41/1 1.5 points EW and 41/1 2.5 points win) so Yorkhill is just going to be sickening to watch. I probably won't sleep, as if Altior and Douvan have won (which isn't done until its done) I'll be waiting on the biggest returns that I've ever managed.

I won't be laying off anything this year, been toying with it for a while but haven't managed my finances well enough (or just staked everything that I should have used for laying) haha so I will "let them run". I've basically been arbing myself all season anyway so will see it through and might take a different approach next year. Backing to lay off shorter doesn't seem as fun, but seems much more sensible.

Others I like are Melon / Altior at 125/1 1 point... that'll be a lovely start

I like Neon Wolf / Empire of Dirt 2 points each way @ 49/1 because even the place is a nice return and I can't see them not hitting the frame at least!

I want to post every bet I've got but not sure anyone would read it/care

*** not all good of course, almost 200 points dead already .... 674 live still

Comment

Smug Bets

Death Duty - 20/1 and 12/1
                  Messire Des Obeaux - 25/1
                  Moon Racer - 16/1 Supreme, 33/1 Champion Hurdle
                  Charbel - 25/1 e/w
                  Champers On Ice - 25/1 e/w
                  Singlefarmpayment - 16/1

Mug Bets

Thistlecrack - 7/1 (8pts..!! Awful start)
                  Invitation Only - 8/1 any race
                  Ballyoptic - 12/1
                  Load of Min/Yorkhill/American Tom doubles
                  Defi De Seuil - 25/1 Supreme no NRNB

So a pretty mixed bag..!! Death Duty is the key horse though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    I suppose that is right up there, I have a couple similar (Altior / Yorkhill at 41/1 1.5 points EW and 41/1 2.5 points win) so Yorkhill is just going to be sickening to watch. I probably won't sleep, as if Altior and Douvan have won (which isn't done until its done) I'll be waiting on the biggest returns that I've ever managed.

I won't be laying off anything this year, been toying with it for a while but haven't managed my finances well enough (or just staked everything that I should have used for laying) haha so I will "let them run". I've basically been arbing myself all season anyway so will see it through and might take a different approach next year. Backing to lay off shorter doesn't seem as fun, but seems much more sensible.

Others I like are Melon / Altior at 125/1 1 point... that'll be a lovely start

I like Neon Wolf / Empire of Dirt 2 points each way @ 49/1 because even the place is a nice return and I can't see them not hitting the frame at least!

I want to post every bet I've got but not sure anyone would read it/care

*** not all good of course, almost 200 points dead already .... 674 live still
                    I've got 2pts on the Altior & Yorkhill @ ~40/1, and the treble with ADO @ ~190/1

Think those are the only multiples I've got left, with maybe a couple yankees, too.

Not 100%, but I reckon I'm holding around 100/150pts that are live, and half that in toilet paper.

Comment

Mug bets

Senewalk 12/1
                      Min 6/1
                      Thistlecrack 7/1

all biggish stakes down the pan

Smug-ish if one win??

Unwimh 11/2

Carter McKay 25/1 biggest single return

OTF 7/2

Yorkhill 7/2

Genie in a bottle 14/1