Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Mares Novice Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ballybeen View Post
    Looks like this is now going to be Let's Dance's preferred option now going by Ricci's RTE column.

On a sidenote he states next weeks column should have a better idea of all his horses races.
    I am sure it is his preferred option, but Ruby and the Supreme Racing Club may have something to say?

Rowebot mentioned there is a 50k bonus for the stable staff if Let's Dance wins a race though ... which could sway this mare in to this race as it is easier to win?

Airlie could go to the Neptune? Or both run...

Comment

Yes Kevloaf Ricci mentioned that the bonus could sway the decision, I'll try get the article here and post it.
      Last edited by Ballybeen; 14 February 2017, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Every Tuesday between now and Cheltenham - and the meeting begins in just four weeks - leading owner and BetBright Chairman Rich Ricci will pen a countdown blog. With Annie Power, Faugheen and Min already ruled out out of the Prestbury Park extravaganza, there was more disappointing news for another favourite on a relatively quiet week on the track.

Another week, another favourite bites the dust! Getabird is the latest but while he won't make the Champion Bumper the main thing is that he's fine.

There’s a soreness around the bone and he needs some rest. Actually, he has always been a horse that gets a bit stiff behind and I think the race the last day in Gowran exasperated that. He has been a little stiff since then but wouldn't have been doing much anyway and while the only treatment is rest the prognosis is very good.

And look, there's no doubt, it’s another blow. The closer we get the Cheltenham the less time there is for any horse with a setback to recover in time and be at their best and one thing is for sure: it’s going to be a sweaty few weeks!

But not just for me. When Let’s Dance won the Grade 2 novice hurdle at Leopardstown last month, it opened up the possibility of her triggering a €50,000 bonus offered by the race sponsors should she go on to win at Cheltenham.

I think it’s brilliant, and well done to Nathaniel Lacy and Partners Solicitors. It’s unusual because the €50,000 goes to the stable staff should Let’s Dance do the business next month, so let's hope for Nathaniel Lacy and the stable staff that she can win one.

It does make it more interesting that’s for sure, and the pressure is on to find the right race for her! Maybe we should give the stable staff down in Willie’s a vote, they’ll be keen to pick the right one.

She’s in good form and is rated 147 now, so with a 7lb allowance in any of those open races like the Neptune or the Albert Bartlett, it would make her very competitive.

The New Course at Cheltenham, on which the racing on the Thursday and Friday of the festival takes place, would suit her and so she has plenty of options. I would say at this stage the Dawn Run mares novice race on the Thursday of the festival looks the most likely race for her in my view.

It’s my best guess that it’s the race she has best chance in - and I hope the stable staff down in Willie’s agree! We have not finalised anything yet however.

It was a relatively quiet week for us on the track but Bapaume ran a great race in the Spring Juvenile Hurdle at Leopardstown. The winner, Mega Fortune, was a different horse altogether in cheek pieces on Sunday, and was too good for Bapaume. But we lost nothing in defeat and the aforementioned New Course for the Triumph Hurdle should really suit our fella because he’s a strong galloper. We go there with a good chance.

"It’s not certain that Max Dynamite won’t get to Cheltenham but it’s probably a bit unlikely, and he should be ready for Punchestown"
        Livelovelaugh was very good at Thurles during the week but he looks more like a chaser and likely won’t travel to Cheltenham while I wouldn’t write off Riven Light and Bravissimo on better ground if they went there. Danny Mullins rode Riven Light before the Deloitte on Sunday and said beforehand: ‘I think I’m on the best horse in the race - it’s just a shame he has some hurdles in his way!’.

If he can straighten out his jumping he could be quite good and could run well if he ended up at Cheltenham, a little like Max Dynamite did two years ago.

Speaking of Max Dynamite, I’m often asked about him and I’m happy to report that he’s fine, back in training and riding out. It’s not certain that he won’t get to Cheltenham but it’s probably a bit unlikely, and he should be ready for Punchestown on the way towards getting ready for a Flat campaign.

The Melbourne Cup, in which he finished second two years ago, is the ultimate aim. Getting him back to Flemington Park this winter would be an extraordinary thrill.

We have a few entries this week: Babylone Des Mottes might return to the track and is in good form, while at the weekend, Limini could run at Gowran and Renetti in the Boyne Hurdle at Navan, a race that should suit him well.

Limini was a big talking horse this time last year and justified that reputation with a win at Cheltenham. She has taken a while to come to hand this season, not dissimilar to last year, but is right back to herself now and seems a lot stronger than last year.

She seemed to get a bit weak as the season went on last year and we were initially disappointed with her defeat at Aintree. But with the benefit of hindsight it was Buveur D’Air and Petit Mouchoir that finished in front of her that day so there’s quite a bit of delayed solace in that form!

She seems to have grown up over the summer and autumn in the same way Lets’ Dance has, so it’s going to be great to see her back on the track.

This time next week there will only be three weeks to go to Cheltenham and because any horse who has ambitions to run at the festival will have all of their preparation runs done and dusted, I’d be hopeful of shedding plenty of light on what races my horses will go for.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Ferof View Post
          Interestingly, someone has mopped up some prices on LETS DANCE for this race. Had been priced up at big numbers on exchanges but I see that has disappeared. 4.7 in the back column, although I would note that there is not much in the lay column so hold the thought for now.

This Mullins mares conundrum is quite something.
          So this was a clue then!

Nothing set in stone but it makes you think. Is the trip a bit short?

It would indicate that Augusta Kate might go into the Neptune or Albert Bartlett. On a side note- would a novice receive an allowance in the Mares Hurdle?

Comment

[QUOTE=Ballybeen;34640_
            I’d be hopeful of shedding plenty of light on what races my horses will go for.[/QUOTE]

Not a bit worried about how you're perceived then Rich ?

Comment

Mullins Bingo

WTF is Arlie Beach going then

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
                Mullins Bingo

WTF is Arlie Beach going then
                Remember Mullins makes the decisions not Ricci. Mullins didn't rule the Gold Cup out with Vautour but it was Ricci that was saying Gold Cup or nothing that got them in so much trouble. Obviously hasn't learnt to keep his mouth shut re targets.

Comment

Originally posted by Mytentoryours1 View Post
                  Remember Mullins makes the decisions not Ricci. Mullins didn't rule the Gold Cup out with Vautour but it was Ricci that was saying Gold Cup or nothing that got them in so much trouble. Obviously hasn't learnt to keep his mouth shut re targets.
                  Which sums the guy up, people who can't keep their mouth shut are invariably not worth listening to.....

Comment

This story looks like he wants the publicity to be about him "giving something back" ... making him look the good guy wanting to win it for the stable staff?

"let them have a vote".... OH YEEEE, That is how Willie became Champion Trainer, he let the stable staff have a group vote for where the horses are going to run.

Story just for stories sake... !

I don't remember being this synical before joing the forum though

Comment

I've only been following racing for a few years, but I just ignore what every trainer/owner says, and guess myself.

I've been calling myself a **** at numerous times through my life, so it's nothing new then, when I do my dough

Comment

What does everyone think of let's dance chance vs airlie beach if turns up here

Comment

If she turned up I think she'd be favourite but I think there's very little chance of LD turning up in this.

Comment

Hoping that's the case airlie in a lot of multiples

Comment

Originally posted by Trickytrickster View Post
                              What does everyone think of let's dance chance vs airlie beach if turns up here
                              On a line through Shattered Love:

4 Nov 2016
                              Airlie Beach 11-3 beats Shattered Love 10-10 by 0.5 lengths
                              Shattered Love gets 7lbs

19 Nov 2016
                              Let's Dance 10-6 beats Shattered Love 10-9 by 2.75 lengths
                              Shattered Love gives 3lbs

Though there's also other form lines, Daisy's Gift for example which would be more in favour of LD. Though it of course isn't as literal as that.

Personally i'd be all over Airlie Beach for me in this race (17F), however the further they went, the more i'd side with Let's Dance

Comment

To give shattered love dat weight seems like good form and perfect trip too. Let's dance maybe for Neptune?

Comment

Working...
                                X