Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Mares Novice Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Already assumed it would be the case but confirmed

nd*DAPHNE DU CLOS*will miss the whole of the season due to both picking up small leg injuries. We could have brought them back after Christmas but there is no point coming in that late, so it makes sense to give them a full term off and bring them back ready for 2018/19 season. They are seriously talented horses, *so I didn’t want to risk rushing them and Daphne will make a beautiful Novice hurdler, so it would be pointless losing her Novice status*in February.*
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• For those that's interested, Airlie Beach (in foal to Mount Nelson) just sold for 140k euro. Her unraced half-sister, in foal to Shantou, went for 42k.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
        For those that's interested, Airlie Beach (in foal to Mount Nelson) just sold for 140k euro. Her unraced half-sister, in foal to Shantou, went for 42k.
        A little suprisung, i thought she would make a good bit more than that.
        Looks quite a cheap buy in today's bloodstock market

Comment

For those that's interested, Airlie Beach (in foal to Mount Nelson) just sold for 140k euro. Her unraced half-sister, in foal to Shantou, went for 42k.
          Drinks on you then

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
            A little suprisung, i thought she would make a good bit more than that.
            Looks quite a cheap buy in today's bloodstock market
            She's not that big so that may have influenced things. She's comfortably top lot so far and, bearing in mind that she only cost £20k, I'm personally satisfied with six figures. Also, she's gone to a good home in Boardsmill Stud which is where Mount Nelson stands.

Comment

She's not that big so that may have influenced things. She's comfortably top lot so far and, bearing in mind that she only cost £20k, I'm personally satisfied with six figures. Also, she's gone to a good home in Boardsmill Stud which is where Mount Nelson stands.
              Looks like a very nice peice of business. well done.

Comment

• Just been on oddschecker to compare prices for apples shakira and most firms dont have her in the market??

Anyone heard any news??

Comment

• Originally posted by Aldie1988 View Post
                  Just been on oddschecker to compare prices for apples shakira and most firms dont have her in the market??

Anyone heard any news??

Here or triumph market?
                  She could gofor either race
                  but not many firms quoted her for the mares novice as She will be a 4yo at the festival so the natural thing to do would be to go for the triumph hurdle .
                  But the owner jp may think very differently.
                  Last edited by Scooby91; 20 November 2017, 12:01 PM.

Comment

• Must have been all but confirmed for Triumph. Cheers Scooby

Comment

• There's also the Mares novice hurdle but she's too good so Triumph most likely

Comment

• Reminded me of Peace And Co ,on way he burst on scene first time out and way bookies ran for cover , you just knew you saw something special. Apples had same effect on me over weekend , only wished i had bit more conviction as only had small amounts at 16s.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Beast View Post
                          Reminded me of Peace And Co ,on way he burst on scene first time out and way bookies ran for cover , you just knew you saw something special. Apples had same effect on me over weekend , only wished i had bit more conviction as only had small amounts at 16s.
                          Hard to have any conviction before you see it in your defense Beasty

Comment

Working...
                          X