Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    In the past Willie has said throughout the season particularly with his novices it's not always about the race or the trip but just when a horse is ready to run / more forward than others i.e don't read too much into it! Despite this I do think there was more to Augusta Kate running against Death Duty at the weekend than just getting a run out.

He has such a plethora of mares for this race. Add in the fact his geldings in the Supreme/Neptune/AB are still slightly up in the air and arguably don't look to be top drawer (so far) I think a few of the mares will go for the S/N/AB. Airlie Beach, Augusta Kate and Let's Dance would be the obvious choices for this if needed out of the above and right now i'd expect 2 of those 3 to not line up for this race.

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    Let's Dance put up for the Albert Bartlett by Jonny Ward on this week FF Podcast
    Willie has never won this one

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    Let's Dance put up for the Albert Bartlett by Jonny Ward on this week FF Podcast
    Now he has faced Death Duty with Augusta Kate he'll have a good handle on where his mares stand with the fav

Quote Originally Posted by Brital View Post
    The owners of Augusta Kate don't need the money & this is very much a fun project for them.
    As such I think Wylie will aim the horse at the easiest target so they can enjoy a festival winner together.
    Was impressed with her until she fell & convinced she was coming to give DD a fright.
    Think she will be aimed here & will win.
    I don't think any of wh owners need the money, but you are right about the owners, they definitely wouldn't want the public labeling them as working with the bookies like "other" owners and will enter the her into her best chance of a festival win.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanh97 View Post
    I think Airlie beach is probably the horse that will turn up. On Skybet specials you can get Augusta Kate 3/1 for this NRNB and I think that's a solid bet. Anyone else agree?
    I probably do regarding AK.... if she turns up she'll be the one Ruby rides? 5s available, 3s with the 'peace of mind' .... not one to rush in to but I will mull it over

Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    I probably do regarding AK.... if she turns up she'll be the one Ruby rides? 5s available, 3s with the 'peace of mind' .... not one to rush in to but I will mull it over
    I certainly agree its not one to rush in on. As stated earlier in the thread you'd imagine whoever Ruby is on will end up going off probably even money. One to pop a few points on if I have a winner in the next week or so

Airlie Beach ...Definitely Maybe

SUPREME RACING syndicate manager Steve Massey is hoping his racing fairytale continues at the Cheltenham Festival with unbeaten mare Airlie Beach, who is most likely to run in the mares' novice hurdle over 2m1f.

An impressive winner of the Grade 1 Royal Bond Novice Hurdle in December, Airlie Beach could go for the Sky Bet Supreme Novices' Hurdle or the Trull House Stud Mares' Novices' Hurdle at Cheltenham, but Massey will leave running plans to trainer Willie Mullins.

"If Willie was to say we'll run in the Supreme Novices' we'd say great.

"However, it's not every day you have a favourite for a race, which she is for the mares' novice after her Grade 1 win," Massey said.

"There's the Supreme option for her, but I'd say she's more likely to run in the mares' novice. Both races are over two miles and Willie will have the final say.

"It's possible she may run next in the Deloitte Novice Hurdle at Leopardstown or she could go straight to the festival."

Lets Dance - Willie quotes

The advantage she has is that she’s a second season novice in against real novices,” said Mullins.

“She ran last year but didn’t win and we just ran her in big races because she started off so late in the season.

“We took a chance that if she won one, all and good, but if she didn’t she’d have all the experience for this year.

“I think that’s paying off for her, apart from the fact that she’s a good filly anyway. The conditions of the race suited her here. She did it well.

“We have to try and pick the right race for her at Cheltenham now. The mares novice would look the obvious one but that’s only two-and-a-quarter miles.

“She might be better off running in maybe the Neptune or the Mares Hurdle, something a bit longer. We’ll see what turns up in the mares novice.

“Two-and-a-quarter around Cheltenham would be a good gallop though and it’s more than likely the one. We’ll see we have a few nice mares for that race.

“We won’t have to make up our mind for a while and we’ll see how she comes out of that.”

That does surprise me... I thought Albert Bartlett while watching and then Ricci said it... *woops*

Was trying to get the 20/1 then RR opened his mouth. She's too short for me to bet at 14/1 now, with the target far from confirmed