Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Mares Novice Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by archie View Post
    Willie has something like 9 in the top 20 in the betting. I'd far rather take 5/2 about him having the winner.
    And a couple who aren't in the betting like cut the mustard. Don't hesitate

Chambard, coutister etc... not in the betting either. That's 4 Graded aqps mares inc grade 1 wins and multiple grade 2s.

You'd have to have balls of steel to back fayonagh at the current price
    Last edited by Scooby91; 23 October 2017, 10:05 AM.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• If you say that she's 1/2 to be fit for Cheltenham and 1/2 to contest this race if she gets there, you're looking at a princely 4/6 as the tape goes up to tie up your money at 11/4 for over 4 months.

Comment

• Mullins and Henderson firepower this year would also concern me taking the short price on Fayonagh. In previous years this race may have lacked depth but this could be the first year that it's a really hot contest.

Comment

• Jp also has 3 juvenile mares.
          Empreinte reconse
          Apple's shakira
          Melody of Scotland.
          If espoir d'allen and demopolis look the business any or all of them, could quickly turn into mares novice runners.

Noticed henderson saying Apple's shakira will "START OFF" in the juvenile division

Comment

• Fayonagh is 9/4 any race which would make more appeal than 5/2 for the mares novice race

but nobody is backing Fayonagh now - 6/1 and 13/2 we're available not so long ago and if you missed that you might as well wait now.

I still like Mystic Theatre and hope she clashes with Fayonagh next time out. Not been off the bridle yet, and won the same race Airlie Beach won last year at the end of September.

Comment

If you say that she's 1/2 to be fit for Cheltenham and 1/2 to contest this race if she gets there, you're looking at a princely 4/6 as the tape goes up to tie up your money at 11/4 for over 4 months.
              Definitely not a price I am interested in now Archie, happy yo say I got my money down way before she went this short, though missed out on some of the bigger prices she has been but still managed 9/2.

Comment

• 1/2 to be fit and 1/2 to run in a specified race is a 5/4 double. The treble that gives you a 9/2 overall return would be 6/4 as the tape goes up. At least the Mullins bet gets you out of that first crippling double.

Comment

1/2 to be fit and 1/2 to run in a specified race is a 5/4 double. The treble that gives you a 9/2 overall return would be 6/4 as the tape goes up. At least the Mullins bet gets you out of that first crippling double.
                  Does the Mullins bet exist or is it a hypothetical?

Comment

• It's hypothetical, Kev. Adding up the percentages, I suspect that a 'request a bet' would fail anywhere north of 6/4 at best but 5/2 would look attractive for the reasons already listed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      Does the Mullins bet exist or is it a hypothetical?
                      I got 5/2 the first time this race was run, thinking that Mullins would arrive with a battalion. In the end he relied upon Limini.

I'll ask a couple of bookies and see if they'll price up a Mullins winner of this race.

Comment

It's hypothetical, Kev. Adding up the percentages, I suspect that a 'request a bet' would fail anywhere north of 6/4 at best but 5/2 would look attractive for the reasons already listed.
                        I agree with that, was going to try it and see, with Fayonagh being so short but ....

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                        I got 5/2 the first time this race was run, thinking that Mullins would arrive with a battalion. In the end he relied upon Limini.

I'll ask a couple of bookies and see if they'll price up a Mullins winner of this race.
                        ....is already on the case

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            I agree with that, was going to try it and see, with Fayonagh being so short but ....

....is already on the case

Wait for the entries for that 50,000 bonus stable staff race, mullins will enter plenty up, but as soon as ruby is jocked up.....

However Gordon could well send fayonagh there also, it hey are still putting the money up.

Comment

• Ive got an eye on Melangrie for this and she runs today in the last a Worcester, shes won twice since a breathing operation.

Comment

• Originally posted by billymag View Post
                                Ive got an eye on Melangrie for this and she runs today in the last a Worcester, shes won twice since a breathing operation.
                                Yes this popped up in my tracker, thanks billy.

Comment

Working...
                                X