Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Mares Novice Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was on the Betfair forum previously but hadn't let me post any more, although can log in for over a year. I have read this forum for the last few years and been very useful for quick updates of information. And especially the excellent preview night quotes
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      I was on the Betfair forum previously but hadn't let me post any more, although can log in for over a year. I have read this forum for the last few years and been very useful for quick updates of information. And especially the excellent preview night quotes
      I have the same problem on betfair so never go on anymore, not that I was a big contributor. The betfair forum appears to be a ghost town these days, all the main contributors seem to have left over the last 10 years.

Comment

• I would agree. I find this forum very useful as it has updates alot more regular. And often find information that I missed elsewhere. 90% of my bets are antepost and as you know the prices change very quickly so quick information is key.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
          There hasn't been much mention of Daphne Du Clos. She could be above average and was favourite for the bumper before she was ruled out through injury.
          I'm pretty sure someone on here said DdC was out for the season a while back?! I did find this as well:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">One-time Champion Bumper favourite Daphne Du Clos &quot;might be back for second half of season only&quot; according to Nicky Henderson</p>&mdash; Weekender (@RPWeekender) <a href="https://twitter.com/RPWeekender/status/894969998074105856?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 8, 2017</a></blockquote>
          <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
            I'm pretty sure someone on here said DdC was out for the season a while back?! I did find this as well:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">One-time Champion Bumper favourite Daphne Du Clos "might be back for second half of season only" according to Nicky Henderson</p>— Weekender (@RPWeekender) <a href="https://twitter.com/RPWeekender/status/894969998074105856?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 8, 2017</a></blockquote>
            <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
            Cheers Jono, appreciated as always.

Comment

• No problem FM. (welcome scooby - I just realised you said this after as well, apologies for repeating!)

Job done for Fayonagh, an ideal debut really. She looked a superstar over bumpers and she can clearly jump a hurdle.
              A showdown with Mystic Theatre at Down Royal awaits. MT will be a very good guide to how far she can go as the opposition today was never going to trouble her, MT will be a much tougher test.

Comment

• I think it was Billymag who said that D.d.c was out .

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
                  No problem FM. (welcome scooby - I just realised you said this after as well, apologies for repeating!)

Job done for Fayonagh, an ideal debut really. She looked a superstar over bumpers and she can clearly jump a hurdle.
                  A showdown with Mystic Theatre at Down Royal awaits. MT will be a very good guide to how far she can go as the opposition today was never going to trouble her, MT will be a much tougher test.
                  Looking forward to this - I have been impressed by Mystic Theatre so far and think I mentioned it in here....

we really need someone to create a 2018 thread for this as well

Comment

• Just watched the Fayonagh performance, happy enough with that, she definitely warmed to the task well and jumping definitely looked better that faster they went!

Comment

• Fayonagh now best price 7/2

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                        Fayonagh now best price 7/2
                        If you cam forget the 6/1 from previously ... if we take it that the target is confirmed ... 7/2 is a very fair price. Mullins hype horses are the only real danger

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          If you cam forget the 6/1 from previously ... if we take it that the target is confirmed ... 7/2 is a very fair price. Mullins hype horses are the only real danger
                          If backed at 6/1 and happy. But there's alot more quality French mares to go along side what mullins has. Mullins has 6 that I'm aware of. Jp has 5, inc 2 grade 1 bumper mares. Not sure who owns chambard, but shes been registered and has a simular form line . Plenty to come out.

Comment

If backed at 6/1 and happy. But there's alot more quality French mares to go along side what mullins has. Mullins has 6 that I'm aware of. Jp has 5, inc 2 grade 1 bumper mares. Not sure who owns chambard, but shes been registered and has a simular form line . Plenty to come out.
                            Echo those thoughts. Fayonagh likely to be a worthy market leader whichever race she takes in, her turn of foot is breathtaking at times. However the prices are only fair at this stage (6/1 definitely generous) as we don't know what form these french horses are bringing over. A couple look very smart and have heard positive reports about Salsaretta in particular. They would have to go some to rattle Fayonagh, but I still wonder if Fayonagh may go Supreme. Given Mullins' record in this race and the stack of mares he has this year, the one or two he aims at this race are likely to be top level. Fayonaghs target will obviously depend on her progression over the season and that of the competition, but she beat the boys last year in taking fashion and as the markets develop over the season there's every chance the Supreme could look just as winnable as the Mares Novice. If that's the case then why not go for the bigger prize

Comment

• Originally posted by Robante View Post
                              Echo those thoughts. Fayonagh likely to be a worthy market leader whichever race she takes in, her turn of foot is breathtaking at times. However the prices are only fair at this stage (6/1 definitely generous) as we don't know what form these french horses are bringing over. A couple look very smart and have heard positive reports about Salsaretta in particular. They would have to go some to rattle Fayonagh, but I still wonder if Fayonagh may go Supreme. Given Mullins' record in this race and the stack of mares he has this year, the one or two he aims at this race are likely to be top level. Fayonaghs target will obviously depend on her progression over the season and that of the competition, but she beat the boys last year in taking fashion and as the markets develop over the season there's every chance the Supreme could look just as winnable as the Mares Novice. If that's the case then why not go for the bigger prize

Agree with most of that but pretty sure fayonagh mares novice especially with her owners being breeders. Couldn't see the supreme at all personally as same trip, if she needed a step up then possibly could go down another route.

And Gordon has a few live ones for the supreme, giggingstown have invested in a few nice French recruits, Dortmund park .... and some nice types of the flat form the arqana sales
                              Last edited by Scooby91; 10 October 2017, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Agree with most of that but pretty sure fayonagh mares novice especially with her owners being breeders. Couldn't see the supreme at all personally as same trip, if she needed a step up then possibly could go down another route.

And Gordon has a few live ones for the supreme, giggingstown have invested in a few nice French recruits, Dortmund park .... and some nice types of the flat form the arqana sales
                                All valid points and Dortmund Park interests me for the Supreme. Had a little double on Samcro Neptune Fayonagh Mares Novice as a cover, like a lot on here Samcro now seems to be my biggest plunge so far

Comment

Working...
                                X