Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Mares Novice Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
    Gordon Elliott stable tour, regarding Fayonagh - "She’ll start off in a maiden hurdle at Fairyhouse on Saturday. She’ll come on from the run, but if all goes to plan there she will likely go to Down Royal for the Grade 3 mares novice hurdle on November 3rd. We’re dreaming about the likes of the mares’ novice hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival for her and hopefully all will go to plan between now and then."
    Thanks for posting CoD. That's enough for me to take some of the 6/1.

Had a small bet at 6/1 and put her in a trixie with Apples Jade (Mares 3/1) and Samcro (Neptune 16/1).
    Last edited by Faugheen_Machine; 6 October 2017, 11:13 AM.

Comment

• First thing I did was check what bets I had already put her in ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        I am very much of the opinion she'll end up in this race.

Gordon Elliott's career has been based on picking the right races for his horses, to maximise their chance of winning - he is all about the strike rate and this will be his shot to win a race.

IT isn't like it is a choice between Ryanair and Gold Cup either.... winning the Supreme/Neptune hopefully won't be the horses best achievement? "Dual festival winner" has a decent ring to it if she can add to the bumper. Not a matter of running scared, it is a matter of Elliott chasing numbers.

Mullins often goes for the 'deemed' softer option - and Elliott does too to my mind.

6/1, each way banker.
        Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
        Gordon Elliott stable tour, regarding Fayonagh - "She’ll start off in a maiden hurdle at Fairyhouse on Saturday. She’ll come on from the run, but if all goes to plan there she will likely go to Down Royal for the Grade 3 mares novice hurdle on November 3rd. We’re dreaming about the likes of the mares’ novice hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival for her and hopefully all will go to plan between now and then."
        Music to my eyes.

I am sure Mullins will have a couple of good ones for the race, but 6/1 is very fair now the target looks to have been confirmed! Obviously before getting TOO excited we need to check she can jump over the things... but I am very pleased as I've already invested in some multiples (at least 5!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          Music to my eyes.

I am sure Mullins will have a couple of good ones for the race, but 6/1 is very fair now the target looks to have been confirmed! Obviously before getting TOO excited we need to check she can jump over the things... but I am very pleased as I've already invested in some multiples (at least 5!)
          Haha, that is pretty compelling evidence as to her target. Especially as Elliott usually plays things straight. Hopefully she looks so good that the owners force a crack at the supreme!

Comment

• That was pretty much what I hoped to see. Great round of jumping and very barely off the bridle

Comment

• She did it nicely. How Hills have almost halved her price after that is laughable though

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                She did it nicely. How Hills have almost halved her price after that is laughable though
                Completely agree. Can't see the 5/1 at BV staying for long though

Comment

• Fayonagh jumped beautifully.

Cantered around and once again took off once the winning post was in sight.

Exciting times ahead for her owners and supporters.

There was some smile on Davy's face after unsaddling.

Comment

• "I'm a big believer in winning what you can win, so at the moment the mares' race is the plan with her."

Excellent news for all Fayonagh backers in this race. And CoC in the Cross Country...

On the performance, wasn't blown away but still impressed at this stage in the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Innoko View Post
                      "at the moment"
                      Three little words that would worry me if I was an investor. The current odds are ridiculous.

Comment

• There hasn't been much mention of Daphne Du Clos. She could be above average and was favourite for the bumper before she was ruled out through injury.

Comment

• Daphne du flos u forty lately won't be out u til the 2nd half of the season . Dosent mean she could go here. But lack of experience could mean retaining her novice status for next season.
                          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Mullins has alot for this race
                            And it's also a little worrying how many juvenile fillies jp mcmanus has this season, they may not all go to the triumph
                            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• You been on here before Scooby? Recognise the username from somewhere?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                                You been on here before Scooby? Recognise the username from somewhere?!
                                Welcome by the way

Comment

Working...
                                X