Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Mares Novice Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Leman14 View Post
    Fayonagh is running at Fairyhouse on Saturday over 2m in a Maiden Hurdle...
    I was thinking that the Bookies would see a "clear" round of jumping as an excuse to trim her price... but at 4/1, there isn't much wriggle room with the price this far out.

She looked as though she could certainly mix it with the boys, so could easily come into the equation for other Novice Hurdles

Comment

• Still some 6s with WH (not showing on Oddschecker) .... for Fayonagh.

That'll be clipped soon.

Comment

• Doubt this will be a popular opinion but I'm coming round to the idea of taking on Fayonagh in this race. She's obviously a worthy favourite on form alone but the French mares likely to line up could be anything and even better. Both Salsaretta (for stable and owner that have won this the last two years) and Dame De Compagnie have very strong form in the book over in France, word from connections for both very positive, and at 20/1 I think both are worth a small investment. Be less than half the price on the day I'd say if lining up

Comment

• Are we of the opinion Fayonagh actually runs in this?

I'd never even thought about it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Innoko View Post
            Are we of the opinion Fayonagh actually runs in this?

I'd never even thought about it!
            She's been installed as favourite for this race, and pretty short at that too. 6/1 top, but as short as 7/2.

It's tough to be 100% sure this is the race for her, but if there are any potential good things for the Supreme & Neptune then don't see why they wouldn't put her in this, should be a win on the board for connections if she does ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
              She's been installed as favourite for this race, and pretty short at that too. 6/1 top, but as short as 7/2.

It's tough to be 100% sure this is the race for her, but if there are any potential good things for the Supreme & Neptune then don't see why they wouldn't put her in this, should be a win on the board for connections if she does ;-)
              Hills will price boost to 13-2....nice promo they have been running daily.

I guess a winner is a winner at the festival, just presumed the Supreme or Neptune.. should never presume!

Comment

• Originally posted by Innoko View Post
                Hills will price boost to 13-2....nice promo they have been running daily.

I guess a winner is a winner at the festival, just presumed the Supreme or Neptune.. should never presume!
                And there is every chance she could still end up in one of them races too! Depends how the season starts and progresses for her I guess.

Comment

• The owners are breeders so I imagine they'd like to win a G1 hurdle.

Comment

• Obviously much will depend on how the likes of Samcro and Dortmund Park progress and if Blow by Blow can stay sound and so on but based on the amount of (potentially) very smart novice hurdlers Gordon Elliott has this season i think it's far more likely Fayonagh goes for this race myself.

Comment

• I am very much of the opinion she'll end up in this race.

Gordon Elliott's career has been based on picking the right races for his horses, to maximise their chance of winning - he is all about the strike rate and this will be his shot to win a race.

IT isn't like it is a choice between Ryanair and Gold Cup either.... winning the Supreme/Neptune hopefully won't be the horses best achievement? "Dual festival winner" has a decent ring to it if she can add to the bumper. Not a matter of running scared, it is a matter of Elliott chasing numbers.

Mullins often goes for the 'deemed' softer option - and Elliott does too to my mind.

6/1, each way banker.

Comment

• There's some 4/1 'any race' if you're fortunate enough to have a Billy Hills acc...

Comment

• Any horse who can win both the cheltenham and punchestown bumper has to be special.

Being a mare makes it even more eye catching.

In both races she stayed on with ease.

2m 4f novice mares race will be a penalty kick.

With the mares allowance the supreme and neptune may come into play.

Comment

• Her turn of foot is eye catching for sure. I'd actually almost feel more confident if backing her for the supreme than mares novice bizarrely. Mullins seems to always bring out a top mare for this race and Salsaretta has some top form over in France. Same applies to Dame De Compagnie. Those two could be anything, whereas most of the supreme protagonists will be horses she's already beaten in the bumper last year. I know Elliott has a ridiculous amount of promising sorts that could make up into supreme contenders, but if most of the favourites for that race come from the bumper last year then maybe Elliott will actually be more confident on her winning that race than up against unknown quantities in this one. Am sure a couple of mares in opposition here will look impressive early season

Comment

• Originally posted by Vanilla View Post
                              Any horse who can win both the cheltenham and punchestown bumper has to be special.

Being a mare makes it even more eye catching.

In both races she stayed on with ease.

2m 4f novice mares race will be a penalty kick.

With the mares allowance the supreme and neptune may come into play.
                              The mares novice is 2m/2m 1f I think with the mares being the 2m4f

Comment

• Gordon Elliott stable tour, regarding Fayonagh - "She’ll start off in a maiden hurdle at Fairyhouse on Saturday. She’ll come on from the run, but if all goes to plan there she will likely go to Down Royal for the Grade 3 mares novice hurdle on November 3rd. We’re dreaming about the likes of the mares’ novice hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival for her and hopefully all will go to plan between now and then."

Comment

Working...
                                X