Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    well done Archie

Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    Cheers. Given an RPR of 132 - 4 higher than Fayonagh!
    Very interesting!!!

The OR is a more realistic 126. Plenty of improvement expected but plenty needed.

Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    The OR is a more realistic 126. Plenty of improvement expected but plenty needed.
    Nearer the time, probably going to take an OR 0f 145 to go close in the race this year.

AInsi La Vie takes on Glens Harmony - again - in a maiden on Friday

After seeing her get an entry at Cheltenham on Friday, I'm going to put up Dame De Compagnie from the Nicky Henderson yard. Normally this is not a race I follow but I think the mares division is going to go from strength to strength over the coming years as the big owners and trainers really start to focus on it.

Dame De Compagnie finished a close second to Duca De Thaix on her hurdling debut (and only start) and 10 lengths ahead of Dreamcatching in third. Duca De Thaix was entered in the big Irish juvenile race last season and was a bit of a talking horse. He never actually made the track which is a shame because he will now miss out on both his juvenile and novice campaign and have to head straight into open company this season. Dreamcatching has won three from five for Paul Nicholls but was down the field in the Fred Winter off a mark of 131. Regardless of that collateral form (I'm never sure of French racing), Dame De Compagnie travelled superbly through her race after being held up a long way off the pace. She gave the eventual winner a good head start before closing easily in the straight but could not quite overhaul him and was held on the line.

https://youtu.be/m31MSdEsDLw

Fayonagh being cut even more with a few bookmakers as well as on the exchanges, without running another race.

She's becoming incredibly short already, with just under 5 months still to go!

5/2 is just bonkers.

She'll be 1/2 at this rate come race day, assuming nothing else shows up well before then!

Willie has something like 9 in the top 20 in the betting. I'd far rather take 5/2 about him having the winner.