Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Mares Novice Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
    Nothing other than townends words.

Townend said afterwards:- "She was very good. She's a tank of a filly and is like sitting on a gelding.

“She loved the ground and had the experience in France. She was showing us that at home and to be honest we would have been disappointed if she didn't do that"

Cut the mustard for the same connections, completely bombed on debut but if she's entered up at 2 again I might conveniently write that off, if I can get a huge price on the exchanges. Think she wants further though. She's deffinately better than that though. Could send her for a bumper.
    Cheers Scooby. Cut the Mustard probably worth another shot if your (anyone) is inclined to believe there was an issue with the Mullins yard over Christmas.

Comment

• I am firmly in the Mystic Theatre camp for this race. Whilst she hasn't beat anything of any real class and did fall LTO - all of her wins to date have been impressive and very easy on the eye. She has won 3 times on Good, and more recently on Heavy, so the ground shouldn't be of concern!

For anyone who hasn't seen her runs previously - I'd recommend a quick look.

I'd be keen to hear some of your thoughts on the mares chances come March.

Comment

• Originally posted by jkite16 View Post
        I am firmly in the Mystic Theatre camp for this race. Whilst she hasn't beat anything of any real class and did fall LTO - all of her wins to date have been impressive and very easy on the eye. She has won 3 times on Good, and more recently on Heavy, so the ground shouldn't be of concern!

For anyone who hasn't seen her runs previously - I'd recommend a quick look.

I'd be keen to hear some of your thoughts on the mares chances come March.
        She was my first play in the race. Won the same races Airlie Beach won I believe. Not heard anything since the fall LTO so waiting for a positive update on that.

Comment

• COUNTISTER has looked very progressive so far; does the Mares’ Novice remain her objective?

Yes, it most definitely is. She’ll probably only have one more run between now and then.

I took that as a positive for Apple's Shakira going for the Triumph

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            COUNTISTER has looked very progressive so far; does the Mares’ Novice remain her objective?

Yes, it most definitely is. She’ll probably only have one more run between now and then.

I took that as a positive for Apple's Shakira going for the Triumph
            Exactly how I saw it I'd be gobsmacked if Apple's Shakira ran in this race and anything other than the Triumph. Particularly as her next and last run will be in another Triumph trial at the track

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
              Exactly how I saw it I'd be gobsmacked if Apple's Shakira ran in this race and anything other than the Triumph. Particularly as her next and last run will be in another Triumph trial at the track
              Like the sound of that Jono , and the quote from kev about Countister . I missed the bigger price last week on Marias benefit,
              , but got her at 8-1 , but i actually thought as i'd already got Countister and Cap soleil
              for this , i might hold back and watch M.B her next run .

Comment

• Johnny Ward wrote in the Irish Times today that Salsaretta should be ready to run at the end of the month after a small setback ruled her out of the Xmas races.

Comment

• Does anyone know anything of Crackerdancer? Just looking at formlines for this race and her form stacks up really well. She seems fragile and would seem to favour soft ground, but the trainer has nominated this race as the target and thinking she might be overpriced

Comment

• Missed this, good to see am likely to get a run for my money, would be a big winner for me and still think she has the class if returning on top of her game - http://readhorseracing.com/2018/01/0...am-cap-soleil/

Comment

• Kupatana runs today and very well supported from 2/1
                      I cashed out my previous bet on her. But IF she wins well today I may well be trying to get the 25/1 for this race.
                      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Every time I see this thread refreshed I fear the news Salsaretta is a non runner!
                        Hopefully she makes the Fairyhouse race in a few weeks

Comment

• Stormy Ireland may be a bet for me in this.

Comment

• Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
                            Stormy Ireland may be a bet for me in this.
                            As Mullins 'best juvenile' surely triumph bound?

Comment

• You never know with Mullins do you.

Comment

• He has plenty for this race - Salsaretta, Mystic Theatre, Laurina. Shorter on the ground for contenders in the triumph

Comment

Working...
                                X