Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Mares Novice Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    I probably do regarding AK.... if she turns up she'll be the one Ruby rides? 5s available, 3s with the 'peace of mind' .... not one to rush in to but I will mull it over
    I certainly agree its not one to rush in on. As stated earlier in the thread you'd imagine whoever Ruby is on will end up going off probably even money. One to pop a few points on if I have a winner in the next week or so

Comment

Airlie Beach ...Definitely Maybe

SUPREME RACING syndicate manager Steve Massey is hoping his racing fairytale continues at the Cheltenham Festival with unbeaten mare Airlie Beach, who is most likely to run in the mares' novice hurdle over 2m1f.

An impressive winner of the Grade 1 Royal Bond Novice Hurdle in December, Airlie Beach could go for the Sky Bet Supreme Novices' Hurdle or the Trull House Stud Mares' Novices' Hurdle at Cheltenham, but Massey will leave running plans to trainer Willie Mullins.

"If Willie was to say we'll run in the Supreme Novices' we'd say great.

"However, it's not every day you have a favourite for a race, which she is for the mares' novice after her Grade 1 win," Massey said.

"There's the Supreme option for her, but I'd say she's more likely to run in the mares' novice. Both races are over two miles and Willie will have the final say.

"It's possible she may run next in the Deloitte Novice Hurdle at Leopardstown or she could go straight to the festival."

Comment

Lets Dance - Willie quotes

The advantage she has is that she’s a second season novice in against real novices,” said Mullins.

“She ran last year but didn’t win and we just ran her in big races because she started off so late in the season.

“We took a chance that if she won one, all and good, but if she didn’t she’d have all the experience for this year.

“I think that’s paying off for her, apart from the fact that she’s a good filly anyway. The conditions of the race suited her here. She did it well.

“We have to try and pick the right race for her at Cheltenham now. The mares novice would look the obvious one but that’s only two-and-a-quarter miles.

“She might be better off running in maybe the Neptune or the Mares Hurdle, something a bit longer. We’ll see what turns up in the mares novice.

“Two-and-a-quarter around Cheltenham would be a good gallop though and it’s more than likely the one. We’ll see we have a few nice mares for that race.

“We won’t have to make up our mind for a while and we’ll see how she comes out of that.”

Comment

That does surprise me... I thought Albert Bartlett while watching and then Ricci said it... *woops*

Comment

Was trying to get the 20/1 then RR opened his mouth. She's too short for me to bet at 14/1 now, with the target far from confirmed

Comment

Dodged a bullet there.... Mullins seems to think this race would suit.... I thought they'd have Airlie Beach and Camila De Cotte for this, leaving Let's Dance free to go against the boys with an allowance.... but if this is the best chance of winning this race then so be it.

This race is silly really, in different ownership Mullins could saddle the 1-2-3-4-5:

Let's Dance (Or CDC)
              Augusta Kate
              Airlie Beach
              Asthuria
              Redhoitfillypeppers

Hoping LA BAgue Au Roi takes a walk in the market too... hoping she get's forgotten somewhat...

Comment

Of those Kev, would you side with Airlie Beach?

Comment

Well, interesting question. Very hard to knock an unbeaten horse... who put in an excellent performance in beating Saturnas and Peace News (who at the time looked good).... but hard to know exactly how solid that form is and you'd assume based on jockey bookings that day, she wasn't the best of them at home...

Let's Dance being a 2nd season novice, and being able to stay further... would mean she could go out in front under Ruby and with her experience really test a lot of them...

Augusta Kate I think definitely needs further so I'd rule her out... Asthuria's form looks below the best and RHFP likewise...

I have actually backed CDC at 33s BUT if I had to just name the winner, I'd guess Ruby would pick Let's Dance, and that would be my idea of the winner! .......

Comment

I'm convinced Let's Dance will turn up in the Bartlett because the further he goes the better he will be. But you might be right and maybe 3 miles will be next year. The owner will try to convince Mullins that it should be this year, which will bring me and you back into the mix with CDC and Airlie.

Comment

Originally posted by Mon Brav View Post
                      I'm convinced Let's Dance will turn up in the Bartlett because the further he goes the better he will be. But you might be right and maybe 3 miles will be next year. The owner will try to convince Mullins that it should be this year, which will bring me and you back into the mix with CDC and Airlie.
                      I'm with you. Absolutely convinced Let's Dance goes elsewhere. That would leave Camelia De Cotte overpriced @ 12/1 as Ruby will get on board the Ricci runner no doubt. Can also see Augusta Kate heading elsewhere too, which leaves Airlie Beach, who has every right to be the favourite she is, La Bague Au Roi whose form isn't exactly stacking up, the 2nd and 3rd of her listed win have both been beaten since in poorer races at odds on, Asthuria has fallen the last twice and was looking like being taken on when doing so, Barra has been behind Joey Sasa who in turn was readily dispatched of by Let's Dance so Mullins has that form line. That leaves me with CDC who was readily beat by the boys in her latest run, but back in the company of her own sex she'll be going close for me.

Comment

I've backed Camelia de cotte but the run on Sunday was pretty awful and I can't see Ruby choosing her over airlie beach anymore. Agree let's dance won't turn up here though probably the Neptune for her. I do like shattered love for this has good form behind let's dance and airlie beach and twice won the races asthuria has fallen in at 14-1 I think she's the overpriced horse in the race.

Comment

Does Airlie Beach not just win this? Ruby will be riding if shes running here

Comment

Depending on who runs and how the Deloitte goes at the weekend but right now I can see Let's Dance and Augusta Kate being split between the Neptune and Albert Bartlett.

I think Ashthuria may now bypass Cheltenham so that leaves Airlie Beach and Cameila de Cotte lining up in this race. I'm not reading too much into CdC's run at the weekend - back against her own sex it'll be a different story but i'd also be very surprised if Ruby wasn't to ride AB - to me she's way ahead of the rest of the field and her form could get franked again in the Deloitte this weekend (for all that I like both La Bague Au Roi and Kayf Grace)

Shattered Love looks a good mare but i'm not sure she has enough to win this. Airlie Beach had the beating off her when they met before and that was with giving weight (6lbs i think)

I'm shocked at AB's price at the moment and she'll will go off much shorter on the day. I was put off before NRNB was in place as Mullins has so many mares but now you have the safety net of that for me if she runs in this, she wins. I'll be putting my winnings from UNWIMH in the stayers straight onto AB on the Thursday

Comment

Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
                              Thread over.

Comment

Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
                                This is one of the few races that ive been sure of a Mullins entry. She looks the stand out Mullins horse for this race.

Comment

Working...
                                X