Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Cross Country Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still no news on Quantativeeasing?

Comment

Seems a strange route for CoC to be taking surely wont turn up in this race

Comment

Just reading through Gault stats and was somewhat surprised to see that if you include Any Currency (and not Josies Orders), Enda Bolger has not won this for 7 years !! Was Garde Champetre really that long ago ? seems like yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Joleg View Post
          Just reading through Gault stats and was somewhat surprised to see that if you include Any Currency (and not Josies Orders), Enda Bolger has not won this for 7 years !! Was Garde Champetre really that long ago ? seems like yesterday
          "Only Any Currency of all the March winners had run in more than 6 cross country races" is quite a surprising stat too! It almost seems contradictory as the same horses do tend to keep coming back?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            "Only Any Currency of all the March winners had run in more than 6 cross country races" is quite a surprising stat too! It almost seems contradictory as the same horses do tend to keep coming back?
            Astonishing given that GC won this twice

Comment

Ballyboker Bridge still 33/1.. Im getting a piece of that.

Comment

Unfortunately Cause of Causes goes in this...... Much to my expense

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                  Actually confirmed? You're kidding?!

As a national prep?

Comment

Can't see it
                    Think Elliott was trying to get a handicap mark by entering him because the previous CC race was a handicap
                    Much the same as jj o Neil was doing with more of that
                    Seems to have worked with more of that,nice weight in national

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      Actually confirmed? You're kidding?!

As a national prep?
                      I heard it from Gordon Elliott's mouth when he was interviewed after the national weights so as near confirmed as you can get.

Comment

This race then onto the national was what he said - it was only recorded on Thursday

Comment

In the cold light of day, you can see why?

If the national is the target, a nice run around over the banks won't take much out of him?

Can't imagine winning this race is anywhere near a priority though. I almost feel like I HAVE to back CoC though

Comment

Although I can't see him winning - I know I will find a reason to back him for this too. I've started chipping away at the 40/1 for the national.

Comment

Although I can't see him winning - I know I will find a reason to back him for this too. I've started chipping away at the 40/1 for the national.
                              Glad I'm not the only one. I'd be sick if he won the XC without me being on. If anyone gives me a free bet I might waste it on that... I'm sure I'll pick a few up by day two.

Comment

Is cross country run off level weights. If so hard to oppose cantlow

Comment

Working...
                                X