Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Cross Country Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't he have a moan up last year at Empire of Dirt's rating ?
    I'm sure I remember him berating the 'capper just before the horse won 6l pulling clear....

Comment

Not sure about EoD but he definitely want happy with Diamond Kings rating, prior to him winning the Coral Cup

Comment

The Paddys are always moaning about something

The Irish handicapper is better than Phil though - look at finish in Leopardstown in Coral hurdle on Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
          Didn't he have a moan up last year at Empire of Dirt's rating ?
          I'm sure I remember him berating the 'capper just before the horse won 6l pulling clear....
          Don't think that was Elliott
          Horse was trained by Colm Murphy last year

Comment

Got 2 decent bets in this..Wouldn't put anyone off Bless the Wings, will be placed at least, just wished my other bet Foxrock would run..on it at a big price(40-1) but everything I hear tells me it doesn't run!

Comment

Foxrock might stick to Ireland this year for Hunter Chases over in Ireland... don't think this race is too high on the agenda?

Urgent De Gregaine getting a lot of weight today.... do we think from levels Cantlow could/should reverse the form? (Getting carried wide didn't help today) ... Heskin the right pilot too?

Comment

I accidentally put a 4pt win on Catnlow for the festival yesterday instead of today, I wouldnt be too worried with the result. The loose horse took him wide which I think probably cost him. Off levels I think Cantlow should reverse the form

Comment

25/1 for Augergnat is still a big price considering? Has been well backed both times at Chelt (first time non-runner and today unseated) but was travelling well... long way to go, sure, but I think it is still a fair price! You can certainly see the money coming for it again and it running at least in to a place?

If Cantlow was that much better, the money wouldn't have been coming for it so much? I have 0.5 pt E/W from ages ago and I am double to double it up again now...

Comment

Yeah hes a decent e/w price. Theres value out there especially to run into a place

Comment

I'd be very interested in the French horse off level weights. Almost guaranteed to be overpriced and won very comfortably yesterday.

Comment

I'd have to disagree faugheen mate, cantlow was giving 15lbs yesterday which over 3m 6f is a hell of a lot weight to give.. Off levels I would of thought it may have been closer, but the loose horse must of cost him a dozen lengths or so.. It's not what it visually costs him it's his momentum, ryrhme, and concentration.. What I would say is if there is a without cantlow market.. The French horse would become of interest

Comment

The weight isn't as important as in any normal handicap because of how the races are run. For at least 3 miles the pace is much slower than any (even slowly run) normal handicap would be... which certainly negates the importance of how much weight a horse is carrying.

I agree with FM that the french horse will be over priced but I do with Cantlow lost very little in defeat yesterday and is still my idea of the winner.

Comment

Suppose it's all about opinions.. What I will say is at 25/1.. It will cost you a lot less or W you'll win a lot more finding out.. If it's value we want maybe the French horse is it.. Personally have cantlow as the moral winner yesterday

Comment

Kev's spot on re weight, obviously you'd rather be receiving it than giving it but a few pounds is irrelevant in banks races.
                              That said Cantlow enhanced his festival chances yesterday despite being beaten, the French horse goes into the mix definitely.
                              Auvergnat was travelling well and hadn't made an error until the one that sent Rachael out the side door, and the way Catlow was picked up by the winner made me think that Auvergnat would've been the winner had the partnership stayed intact.

It wasn't a great trial though, there were a few debutants and one or two that underperformed, I'd be interested to see the PP Hogan as that might throw up one or two pointers...

Comment

When is the PP hogan? Is it next weekend?

Comment

Working...
                                X