Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Any Currency wasn't lucky to win last year, has he been over looked? From what I gather, the 'drugs' weren't performance enhancing and he did beat JO ... Not anyones fav horse after last year, but it wasn't the horses fault... he wasn't injecting himself with steroids or anything (difficult enough to do with hoofs even if he wanted to) .... I had a bet at 20/1 each way long beofre JO came out, but feel he might be over looked out of anger more than sense?

I am with cantlow here at 9/2
    Mark Walsh has sided with him twice this season
    Barry Geraghty chooses not to ride in this and Nina is up the duff
    Not sure who will ride Auvergnat but 25s each way is not a bad bet,maybe jj codd to ride
    Last edited by Liammet; 01-12-2017 at 05:49 PM.

It's a race that older horses can continue on and compete more so than other festival races but I just think at 14 years old Any Currency may just not have the pace for the finish in this race now when they turn and sprint to the finish. Only 1 year on of course and saying that Cantlow is 12 years old having just checked!

I get the impression Jamie Codd has a verbal agreement to ride Elliott''s horse in this (which will likely be bless the wings). Otherwise i'd say Edna would definitely look at getting him (he's rode On The Fringe in the past for him)

Other than Cantlow and Auvergnat, do we know what else Enda has?
    I must admit that I don't really follow the X-Country Trials... and as such, I do tend to follow Bolger blind...

Quantitativeasing is with Enda - haven't heard much about him this season though.

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    Quantitativeasing is with Enda - haven't heard much about him this season though.
    Surprised QE is only 11... thought he was much older. Not sure why, been around a while I guess in this race.

Some interesting initial entries in the cross country race on trials day. They wouldn't interest me but certainly unexpected horses if they were to line up in it.

More of That
    Cause of Causes
    Rocky Creek
    The Job is Right

No way you'd resist CoC.

Balthazar King take this in before he ran in the national?

Codd on board?

The CoC entry interests me a lot.

A horse I love. Up until Spring 2014 he was a very consistent horse running big races throughout the year and one i'd always be interested in in the big handicaps. Then from the 14/15 season he suddenly dropped all form throughout the season dropping his handicap mark and saving himself for Cheltenham. This culminated in winning the 4 miler the the Kim Muir in each of the last 2 years. Each of these seasons i've avoided him in any entry until the Cheltenham/Aintree as Elliott is clearly he's not asked for anything in a bid to keep his mark down.

On that basis i'll avoid him at this time of year, even if he had what is THE PERFECT jockey for the horse in Jamie Codd onboard.

However i'm unsure what this entry (if he took it up) would indicate. (Like many on here) i'm very interested in him for another handicap tilt this year at the Festival. In the past couple of seasons he's taken in all sorts of races to keep his mark down (16F chase before his Cheltenham win last year). Is this just another? Seems an odd choice to go down though.

Unless they are looking at these races now for the horse? Despite seemingly being around for years and years he's only 9 years old.

I probably shouldn't look too far into an initial declaration but it has me confused with the horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
    I wondered if anyone had heard anything regarding Alelchi Inois and Boston Bob. I saw an interview with Patrick Mullins a while ago and he mentioned both would be heading down the Banks route and be targeted at this race. However, Boston Bob hasn't been sighted yet, and Alelchi Inois has been running in Graded races ever since (and running pretty well!).
    Alelchi Inois could run in the trails day race. Boston Bob not declared