Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Cross Country Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
    I did a bit of research on this the other day, and I thought horses making their debut actually came out pretty well overall. Can't see enough evidence to suggest it's a big negative myself.
    Have you got the 'working' CCM? It is one of that stats I have just always assumed without checking fully myself.
    I see Ista says in the Nov/Dec meetings they don't do bad either?

It'd still put me off, unless it w3as a wild price, and SS wasn't a spectacular horse, but interesting for moving forward...

Comment

• I haven't sorry Kev, but there weren't actually that many that had attempted it. The only runner doing so last year, finished fourth and as mentioned Balthazar King and Rivage d'Or did it.

I can't remember the exact numbers, but decided I wouldn't use it as negative in my own mind.

Comment

• One thin I rememebr was the favs had an unbelievable record. Think it was 18 of the last 21 came from the first three in the betting.

Comment

• Another newcomer Kingswell Theatre fits a lot of trends as well.

Not in the same class as SS under rules though.

Comment

• What a horse! Just about recovered from last night's celebrations!

Comment

• Josies Orders update anyone? CoC has this sewn up already for 2018 if not...

Comment

• I was thinking that CoC could actually aim a little higher next year, having won a Kim Muir and a 4 miler could he have a chance in the 3m handicap on day one ?
                And if they set their sights even higher, how close could he go in a Gold Cup ?
                He's already put himself in elite company winning three different festival races but I assume his current chase rating is around 150, Un Temp Pour Tout won this years renewal off top weight rated 155, if successful he'd become a winner of four different festival races and I can't think of anything that has that on his/her CV...

Comment

• I hope not Ista - I've been chipping away at CoC for the X Country at 9/1 every week so far.

I think he was rated 154 going into this season's festival and I was surprised they elected to go for the X Country instead of the Ultima. He could win the Cross Country for the next 2 or 3 seasons if he remains injury free.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                    I hope not Ista - I've been chipping away at CoC for the X Country at 9/1 every week so far.

I think he was rated 154 going into this season's festival and I was surprised they elected to go for the X Country instead of the Ultima. He could win the Cross Country for the next 2 or 3 seasons if he remains injury free.
                    Elliott and Codd - defending champion... A winner is a winner? 'nice' prep for the National again too?

I am going to back CoC again today when my yankee lands

Comment

Working...
                    X