Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Martin Pipe Handicap Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Martin Pipe Handicap Hurdle

Obviously early days for this,however have heard a whisper and thought I would share
    Mullins and ricci laying out a horse called crack tiepy for this
    Only one run in Ireland,dotted up as expected getting all the allowances
    Had a few runs in France with really good form
    Depends on how Phil smith reads into that as to how well she will be handicapped
    She will have the mares allowance though,7 lbs I think
    Generally available at 25/1,good option EW for small stakes

Interesting Liam! Cheers for posting. Suppose they will need to get two more runs into him to get a mark, but they did it this late with Don Poli, so fingers crossed.

Comment

Not sure if you will see it before the festival ccm
      Don't know if his sole Irish run will be enough to get him a mark or if his French runs will be considered
      I am told they are laying it out so I don't think they will want to expose it to a higher rating

Comment

But they will have to have 3 runs in order to qualify for the race won't they?

Comment

Not sure if they will, they only gave Sir Des Champs the one run over hurdles in Ireland before going on to win this, unless the rules have changed since then

Comment

Hmmm. Interesting. No idea then!

Comment

From the Ricci stable tour if anyone cares...

Crack Tiepy ( FR ) – 4 gr f by Voix Du Nord

By the same sire as Vroum Vroum Mag and from the family of Pomme Tiepy, who was
              our first mare and gave us so much fun – we didn’t have much choice but to buy her when
              Willie put her up to us! She has won over both hurdles and fences; the latter gives us a
              conundrum as if we don’t go chasing with her this season we will lose her novice chase
              status – but we are prepared to play the long game. As such she will probably stick to
              hurdles this season given she is only 4. She is full of personality at home and we are very
              much looking forward to seeing what she can achieve on the track.

Comment

They need 3 UK runs to get a handicap mark but that doesn't stop you entering a horse in a novice if you haven't had the requisite number of runs, the 'capper will take into account form from overseas and/or any flat rating, obviously the 'capper has been done by Aux Ptit Soins and Diego du Charmil in the last couple of years so is likely to air on the side of caution....

Comment

The storyteller misses this through injury

Comment

Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                    The storyteller misses this through injury
                    its relentless this year

Comment

Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
                      its relentless this year
                      I know, relentless.

Comment

Messed up at least 8 of my acca's.

Comment

It's been a seriously bad day for non runners. Hopefully most people were on nrnb

Comment

With The Storyteller now out, I have absolutely no clue on this race. What an unbelievable season for injuries.

Comment

Step forward Taglietelle

Comment

Working...
                              X