Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Trials Day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers guys what I was expecting won't be having many as be more bothered about the racing. Will be having more on the Friday night before stopping in a travel lodge not to far away.

Comment

I always take a hip flask in with me. Enjoy your day Liam!

Comment

Hope you all have some winners next weekend as well think I be doing loads ante post bets on the Friday night being a bit quieter then normal for me this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
          You don't get much (if any) change out of £5 for a pint at the course, in fact, a pint of the black stuff cost over £5 at the festival if memory serves me correct.
          I was at Wetherby a couple of weeks ago and prices on course there were on a par with Cheltenhma, Sandown, Ascot and other major tracks, surprised me that....

Comment

Think I take Faugheen_Machine idea take a hip flask with me

Comment

Discussions underway for a 9 race card with the Clarence House on at Trials day. However, Gary Moore isn't happy and said he wouldnt be happy with that and probably wouldnt have a runner in it

Comment

Would be a good prep for UDS if they do move it? ... can see him shortening for both races even if he wins at 1/2 without Ar Mad for both races at the festival... One to get on before he runs?

Comment

Yeah might be worth backing him Kev. Been confirmed, bumper 9 race card next saturday starting at noon

Comment

What a card it's going to be next weekend. I'm going to have to be in the pub early to watch it..... Shame!

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                      What a card it's going to be next weekend. I'm going to have to be in the pub early to watch it..... Shame!
                      I have a 2.5 hour drive and need to sneak brekky in at some point, an early start...

Comment

12.00 The JCB Triumph Hurdle Trial (A Juvenile Hurdle Race) (Grade 2) 2m abt 1f

12.35 The Timeform Novices’ Handicap Steeple Chase (Class 2) 2m abt 5f

1.10 The Hugo's Restaurant Barbados Trophy Steeple Chase Steeple Chase (Grade 3) 2m abt 5f

1.45 The Clarence House Steeple chase (Grade 1) 2m abt ½f

2.15 The BetBright Trial Cotswold Steeple Chase (Grade 2) 3m abt 1½f

2.50 The Glenfarclas Cross Country Handicap Steeple Chase (Class 2) 3m abt 6f

3.25 The Neptune Investment Management Novices’ Hurdle (Grade 2) 2m abt 4½f

4.00 The galliardhomes.com Cleeve Hurdle Race (Grade 2) Abt 3m

4.35 The Steel Plate & Sections Handicap Hurdle (Class 2) 2m abt 1f

Comment

Cant wait another race added to next week card.

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                            I have a 2.5 hour drive and need to sneak brekky in at some point, an early start...
                            Same, 2 hour drive for me and I wanna get there about an hour early so I can look around. early morning
                            Last edited by ryanh97; 21 January 2017, 11:04 AM.

Comment

If I were you Ryan, I'd get there for when the gates open. Plenty to go and see before the racing starts.

Comment

I always have a feed in The Royal Oak, Prestbury, full English and bloody mary, early this time....

Comment

Working...
                                X