Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Festival Handicaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    The 33/1 on Cause of Causes has gone.
    Difficult not to back after being highlighted, I assume he is a horse plenty have a soft spot for because of his festival record alone

20 still isn't bad

Comment

Some 25/1 with Stan James left, which is definitely over-priced.

Comment

FM moves markets

Comment

My friends and family might have had something to do with it too

Comment

Unfortunately I only got 16's with betfair for cause of causes, but I've got him in a multiple with doctor Harper at 16/1 in the Kim muir and mega fortune at 16's as well in the Fred winter, then to complete the Yankee moving out of the handicaps I've got messire des obeaux at 14/1 in the Neptune, quite fancy the payout on all 4 placing to be honest

Comment

My friends and family might have had something to do with it too
              Nice that you consider me family

Comment

I've no idea if he will be targeted at Cheltenham, but Squouateur has been given some 'educational' rides over fences to say the least. Never dangeorous in any of them and in most cases over an inadequate trip.

Anything near 3m on good ground I'd be backing him blind, but as I say he has to be aimed there first.

Rated 141 over hurdles last season and fav for the Martin Pipe, he is one to watch out for as he'll probably need to win a handicap in Ireland en route to Chelts in March.

Comment

Al Ferof - that's freaky. I was just going to ask if anyone saw his run yesterday. I missed it but noticed he was pulled up. I was thinking the 2.5 miles novice handicap on day 1 would probably suit, although the race is that compressed is hard to get in the race.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    Nice that you consider me family

Comment

I swear this happens every year - McManus horses highlighted as plots then they win feck all open handicaps

I got 33s on CoC though

Comment

You are right Mayo. Squoateur went off 9/4 in the Martin Pipe last season and got stuffed.

The only gamble in recent years I can remember JP winning at the festival was Alderwood in the Grand Annual

Comment

You are right Mayo. Squoateur went off 9/4 in the Martin Pipe last season and got stuffed.

The only gamble in recent years I can remember JP winning at the festival was Alderwood in the Grand Annual
                          11 years since this one

Mr Williams, who admitted to being up a six-figure sum after the second day of the festival, got through the next four races relatively unscathed before Mr McManus struck again in the last. The Irishman had four horses running in the Pertemps Final Handicap Hurdle but backed only one, Kadoun, with a relatively restrained £5,000 each way at a tempting price of 50-1. When the bay gelding bolted up Mr Williams was out another £325,000, although Mr McManus's pleasure was tempered by the loss of the favourite Olaso, which collapsed and died early in the race - one of five horses to die during the day's races.

Comment

I remember that race. The pub I was in fell silent when he crossed the line, with everyone reaching for the paper to try and work out what won!!

Comment

Al Ferof - that's freaky. I was just going to ask if anyone saw his run yesterday. I missed it but noticed he was pulled up. I was thinking the 2.5 miles novice handicap on day 1 would probably suit, although the race is that compressed is hard to get in the race.
                              Great minds FM!

Yesterday was unbelievable. Firstly, he was kepy about 20L held up behind the fancied JP horse so that he could not be spotted or interfere with his run.

About 3 quarters of the way round he looked like he had a tonne of running left in him but was then mysteriously pulled up (although he did jump a little poorly towards the end so that may be the one reason I'm willing to accept).

But the fact is, he's been a non-trier thus far and is much more dangerous than the form figures suggest.
                              Last edited by Al Ferof; 8 January 2017, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Ferof View Post
                                Great minds FM!

Yesterday was unbelievable. Firstly, he was kepy about 20L held up behind the fancied JP horse so that he could not be spotted or interfere with his run.

About 3 quarters of the way round he looked like he had a tonne of running left in him but was then mysteriously pulled up (although he did jump a little poorly towards the end so that may be the one reason I'm willing to accept).

But the fact is, he's been a non-trier thus far and is much more dangerous than the form figures suggest.
                                Yep - a blatant non trier so far. Now we just have to get the correct race!

Comment

Working...
                                X