Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Weekend Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong thread !

Comment

• Just spotted something interesting on the Greatwood there. Claimers for Nicholls in this since 2011.

17 - 3rd
      16 - 2nd
      15 - 1st
      14 - NA
      13 - NA
      12 - 10th
      11 - 1st

Both winners were 12/1 so +21

Comment

• Quick trends analysis on the Greatwood.

7 of the last 8 ran at the previous Cheltenham Festival (4 Supreme, 2 Triumph, 1 County) the exception was of course Dell Arca who was having his first start in the UK.

Horses to run at the festival - Mohaayed, Charli Parcs, Western Ryder, Brelade, Nube Negra.

Negatives:
        Mohaayed - none of the 8 had won a handicap prior to the start of the season he obviously won the County last year. 7 of 8 had 8 runs or less over hurdles the exception Olofi was 5th and 2nd in this in the years previous.

Charli Parce - 6 out of 8 were 2nd season hurdlers.

Western Ryder - Only 1 6yo winner in the last 12 years.

Brelade - 6 out of 8 were 2nd season hurdlers.

Nube Negra - No winner ran in Fred Winter

Comment

• I backed Garo de Juilley for this in the week 66-1.

Not a fancy horse and don't meet any trends, but I think it may be an average year this year, aside from Verdana Blue who will probably go close if she takes her chance.
          In a slowly run race last time, was the only horse to finish in top 6 that was held up in rear, made really stylish ground around field approaching home turn then shot away when asked, upped just 4lb for that and just think it was overpriced.
          see 40s still available with Ladbrokes.

Comment

• For Good Measure, Dostal Phil and A Hare Breath in all combinations for me tomorrow.

FGM was a real eye catcher lto and hopefully that has blown away to cobwebs ahead of tomorrow's race. The Hobbs stable are going well and he must have some seriously well handicapped horses this season.

AHB always runs well at this time of year having won or been placed at this meeting on three occasions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
              For Good Measure, Dostal Phil and A Hare Breath in all combinations for me tomorrow.

FGM was a real eye catcher lto and hopefully that has blown away to cobwebs ahead of tomorrow's race. The Hobbs stable are going well and he must have some seriously well handicapped horses this season.

AHB always runs well at this time of year having won or been placed at this meeting on three occasions.
              I too like all these horse FM.

Comment

• Rockpoint in the 1.15 looked too big at 20's last night, ew 5 places with Sky.
                I also had a risk free bet with 365 after backing Present man last weekend so that's gone on Movie legend in the 1.50, looks to be on a decent mark back over fences, if he can get his act together.

Comment

• My old mans friend caught up with Tizzard earlier in the week - said his biggest fancy of this weekend and one to watch for the remainder of the season is 'White Moon' - runs in the 14:25 at Cheltenham today.

Comment

• Any chance Ista has an update for Western Ryder in the Greatwood?

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                      Any chance Ista has an update for Western Ryder in the Greatwood?
                      Going very well ryan.
                      They've put a fair amount of schooling into him and he's been ready to run for a little while, always a tough race though I don't think this is a vintage renewal, he goes there with every chance and they are expecting a decent run.
                      He's always a forgotten horse, people like to crab his form but he has finished 5th/6th in a festival bumper and Supreme and if you watch that Supreme again he got stopped in his tracks and would have finished 3rd but for that, and if he's been a couple of lengths behind Sumerville Boy and Kalashnikov he would get more respect, his run at Aintree was decent too.
                      A dozen climbing the hill always has its risks but I think if he finished outside the palces they will be disappointed...

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                        I backed Garo de Juilley for this in the week 66-1.

Not a fancy horse and don't meet any trends, but I think it may be an average year this year, aside from Verdana Blue who will probably go close if she takes her chance.
                        In a slowly run race last time, was the only horse to finish in top 6 that was held up in rear, made really stylish ground around field approaching home turn then shot away when asked, upped just 4lb for that and just think it was overpriced.
                        see 40s still available with Ladbrokes.
                        Not declared, so

Sticking to the weak race viewpoint, gone with
                        Not that Fuisse 50s ew and Equus amadeus 50s ew.
                        Both have reasonable form and could be well handicapped, based on their last runs.

Skelton horse got 10lb claimer riding and only beat by seddon last time giving it 10lb.
                        equus beat red hot chilli last time out who won handicap today.

Comment

• PP - strange price for Buckle Street 11-2 3-00 cheltenham.
                          20s and 16s elsewhere.
                          makes me think they know it's a non runner before we do

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                            Going very well ryan.
                            They've put a fair amount of schooling into him and he's been ready to run for a little while, always a tough race though I don't think this is a vintage renewal, he goes there with every chance and they are expecting a decent run.
                            He's always a forgotten horse, people like to crab his form but he has finished 5th/6th in a festival bumper and Supreme and if you watch that Supreme again he got stopped in his tracks and would have finished 3rd but for that, and if he's been a couple of lengths behind Sumerville Boy and Kalashnikov he would get more respect, his run at Aintree was decent too.
                            A dozen climbing the hill always has its risks but I think if he finished outside the palces they will be disappointed...
                            Thanks as ever Ista, that's more than good enough for me to get involved

Comment

• Good luck today folks.

Quel destin

Single farm payment

kolandara/ Ballyandy

Danse idol

Permed to cover expenses

Comment

• L.31. - 1. - Montestrel - 12-40 chelt.
                                - 2. - Minella awards - 1-15 chelt.
                                - 3. - Stormy ireland - 2-20 pnchst.
                                - 4. - Sweet home chicago - 3-00 chelt.
                                - 5. - Lygon rock - 3-30 chelt.
                                Good luck to you all.

Comment

Working...
                                X